DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
anyone who thinks this team will 100% make the playoffs may get heartbroken

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
anyone who thinks this team will 100% make the playoffs may get heartbroken

Which isn't entirely the worst situation in the world anyways - with money coming off the books, and a judicious trade to free up more money- and a shot at a lottery pick ... I suppose it could be worse.

I mean if you are going to sleepwalk - might as well get a lottery pick, instead of squeaking in and then getting a quick tee time afterwards.

Matthew

Liked Posts:
Which isn't entirely the worst situation in the world anyways - with money coming off the books, and a judicious trade to free up more money- and a shot at a lottery pick ... I suppose it could be worse.

I mean if you are going to sleepwalk - might as well get a lottery pick, instead of squeaking in and then getting a quick tee time afterwards.

I fully disagree, the last thing this team needs is more prospects (we already have a plethora of high end prospects). We will have some cap space this off season when the penalty hits from Toews and Kane come off the books. With the amount of talent in that locker room it would be a colossal failure to miss the post season, and I am not saying that just because we won the Cup last year.

Also outside of Adam Larsson there is not one person in the upcoming draft that is guaranteed to make an impact right away or even make an NHL roster for that matter.

Matthew

Liked Posts:
Also forgot to add that I am really happy for one of my favorite players getting a goal this season. Nice job Skille, hopefully now that you got your first and second scores out of the way this season you'll grip that stick a little looser and keep it up.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I didn't mean to imply that anyone from the current draft was able to slot in to an NHL roster spot during the next season.

The failure part is a relative thing though - it would be their failure. And it isn't going to impact my life one way or another. Considering how many pro sports franchise dynasties have come from Chicago (and having grown up there)... and worse -being a Cubs fan until I punted on them after the Stanley Cup (I mean seriously .... 100+ years - give me a break -that is world class suck)... I've had my nads booted quite enough in my lifetime, thank you very much.

At any rate -basically you take what you get -and colossal failures ... been there done that, no sweat ... still its theirs however that is the most important point I can possibly make.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stalberg get benched or did he get hurt?

Only played 8:41.

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also forgot to add that I am really happy for one of my favorite players getting a goal this season. Nice job Skille, hopefully now that you got your first and second scores out of the way this season you'll grip that stick a little looser and keep it up.

really the only thing that keeps me motivated is watching skille.

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It sure was nice to see Skille pot two nice goals.

Seeing him shoot was a vast improvement of seeing him ram into the goalie for the 100th time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.