IGT: 12/14/2011 Chicago Blackhawks @ Minnesota Wild

who wins?

• Total voters

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was that from the 2nd period? I hope so- as I have been hitting f5 and the game clock has elapsed like over a minute and a half of game time and the Hawks are still up 3 -2.

...then at 4:57 - it shows tied 3-3 ....

Yeah, that was the goal that tied it at 2.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we please win in fucking regulation for once?

Friday should be a game where we win in regulation but who knows.

Would like a nice 3rd period up 6-1 or 6-2. :dunno:

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
BEST POST EVER

and I stand corrected, he was DECENT back on D

although the play should have been an icing, Scott gets some blame...you are always taught to play to the whistle

Yes he does...I suppose he was protecting Monty from the incoming forechecker (or please someone provide me with a better explanation of what in the hell he was doing going there), but it would have been nice for the linesman to be hollering "NO!!" that we hear all the time on the ice mics...or Emery to have hollered at his D. A lot of bad spread around...and Pierre said on air that a linesman actually apologized to Q.

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
By the way, how the heck is Jared Spurgeon having success in the NHL? Guy is a 5'9, 180lbs D-man. How on earth does that work?!

I played D in college at 6' 180 and I got worked REGULARLY. Everybody was bigger than me. Obviously Spurgeon having legitimate hockey skill helps a ton (and it's the real answer to my silly question) but seriously .. it's mind boggling that a guy that small can be an effective defenseman. I can't even imagine being that size and having to play defense in the NHL. It seems like it would be terrifying. Rick Nash would be like Manute Bol next to him!

I'm guessing the way Minnesota plays in their own zone helps him too.

Still, huge respect for that guy. Going undrafted and now finding success on a winning team. That is incredible.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Yes he does...I suppose he was protecting Monty from the incoming forechecker (or please someone provide me with a better explanation of what in the hell he was doing going there), but it would have been nice for the linesman to be hollering "NO!!" that we hear all the time on the ice mics...or Emery to have hollered at his D. A lot of bad spread around...and Pierre said on air that a linesman actually apologized to Q.

which I think is cool

yea, I think scott was back there for support but they both stopped because they thought it was icing

but like i said, the first thing that was drilled into my head when i played hockey was "Skate until the whistle"

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
which I think is cool

yea, I think scott was back there for support but they both stopped because they thought it was icing

but like i said, the first thing that was drilled into my head when i played hockey was "Skate until the whistle"

Yeah. Same thing with the Carey Price thing awhile back. Play until the whistle. It was the wrong call, but you gotta play until the whistle.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Keep playing Emery until he has a weak game

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I had to go look for the Kane shootout goal.

I suppose next time Backstrom tries the poke check... as it stands now, I think his jock might be found somewhere up around Thunder Bay....

or, I've seen Pretzels lest twisted up than that guy. :D

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^^

135814508_slide.jpg

I like the guy with his mouth open in the background.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't see the icing call cause I was working. The radio boys were pretty pissed about it tho

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
I didn't see the icing call cause I was working. The radio boys were pretty pissed about it tho

same i missed it also. but just saw it on the game highlights and yeah BULLSHIT

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toews, Kane lead Blackhawks past Wild 4-3 in SO - NHL - Yahoo! Sports

The Wild lead the NHL with 44 points. The Blackhawks, who are 7-1-1 in their last nine games, have 42.

“I think we don’t like that team that we played tonight, and I think that they probably don’t like us,” Wild coach Mike Yeo said before referring to another future conference opponent in the Winnipeg Jets, who beat them 2-1 on Tuesday. “And I also think that we probably don’t like the team that we played the night before.”

What is Yeo babbling about?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Thought that Bickell had a lot of up and downs. Wasn't really a factor at all last night and wasn't the game I was hoping for after being a healthy scratch for the time that he was.

Really need to get another dman. Montador is playing more than he should, the top 4 is playing more than they should, and that is because of our #6 guy (Scott, Lepisto, or O'Donnell). I still say the easy choice out of those 3 is O'Donnell based on how the Blackhawks play differently with Scott and how poorly Lepisto played in his last 2 games that he got a shot at.

Keith played a very solid game. Closing the gap and using his speed. When Keith has a bad game, it seems that he isn't moving his feet and is trying to thread the needle with a pass...but his speed is what opens up the passes and everything else for Keith and the team.

Another nice game by Emery. Soaked up a lot of rebounds when he had screens. Very hard for a goalie to get into the game after a 1st period like the one he had to play.

Hard to figure out where a Bickell or Frolik (if on the 4th line) are going to fit into this team. Wouldn't be surprised at all if 1 is gone by the deadline - most likely Bickell.

Finally, I thought Mayers had a very solid game. Nice assist but he was doing a whole lot of other things right.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Whatnkind of luck does Frolik have huh? Wide open net and he still had to bank it off the defenders skate...lol

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thought that Bickell had a lot of up and downs. Wasn't really a factor at all last night and wasn't the game I was hoping for after being a healthy scratch for the time that he was.
Really need to get another dman. Montador is playing more than he should, the top 4 is playing more than they should, and that is because of our #6 guy (Scott, Lepisto, or O'Donnell). I still say the easy choice out of those 3 is O'Donnell based on how the Blackhawks play differently with Scott and how poorly Lepisto played in his last 2 games that he got a shot at.

Keith played a very solid game. Closing the gap and using his speed. When Keith has a bad game, it seems that he isn't moving his feet and is trying to thread the needle with a pass...but his speed is what opens up the passes and everything else for Keith and the team.

Another nice game by Emery. Soaked up a lot of rebounds when he had screens. Very hard for a goalie to get into the game after a 1st period like the one he had to play.

Hard to figure out where a Bickell or Frolik (if on the 4th line) are going to fit into this team. Wouldn't be surprised at all if 1 is gone by the deadline - most likely Bickell.

Finally, I thought Mayers had a very solid game. Nice assist but he was doing a whole lot of other things right.

:rolleyes: he should have gotten into a fight, ya know, the adrenaline and stuff.

he is just bad.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
:rolleyes: he should have gotten into a fight, ya know, the adrenaline and stuff.

he is just bad.

Classic Dews response, puts down a comment that someone actually backed up with thought...all while bringing nothing to the table and showing no thought of his own.

Was he bad last year? He is 25 years old and has some great skill for his size...he just needs that urgency/effort back in his game which he has been sorely lacking this year. He needs to get it back, and at his contract you let him work it out or he could be a trade.

He clearly isn't playing well this year, no doubt about it. Tossing him out as "just bad" at this point just isn't smart.