IGT 12/19 Kings @ Blackhawks

Who Ya Got?

• Total voters

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe it's just me, but i'm not having much fun at the UC regardless if they win or lose.

Ok, I cannot speak to that. Is it the bandwagoner invaders?

I found 08-09's team alot more exciting than this team & that team lost in 5 vs the Wings in the WCF.

Even though it only went 5, that was a very close series, I remember.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
09 was more exciting because we werent experiencing winning hockey in forever.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Maybe it's just me, but i'm not having much fun at the UC regardless if they win or lose.

I found 08-09's team alot more exciting than this team & that team lost in 5 vs the Wings in the WCF.

No offense but you complain about this team when we lose but when we win you... complain about this team?

I am with Iago, lets play some New Jersey trap and just dump and chase the entire game. As long as we keep grabbing wins I can care less how it looks. Winning hockey is exciting hockey for me.

I did not catch the game because I had a hockey game of my own tonight. It is always a great feeling to come home after a win and find out the Hawks got 2 points tonight.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm just not feeling this years team. Too many wasted roster spots IMO.

John Scott....I need a barf bag. Absolute disgrace of a signing.

You replace Ben Eager who had talent with this bozo? :facepalm:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I dont think any of us our "feeling" this team yet. But scott is far from our problems. We have had hossa gone twice, Kane hurt and underachieving, defensive lapses, etc.

as far as ben eager, salary cap joe....no choice.

Mackman

Hawks 2010 CHAMPS!!
Liked Posts:

I would agree that I am not "feeling" this team yet either. But I must admit, that I'm not getting really frustrated because we did win the Stanley Cup. Now the Hawks added a lot of pieces and have yet to field a fully healthy team. So it will take time.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would agree that I am not "feeling" this team yet either. But I must admit, that I'm not getting really frustrated because we did win the Stanley Cup. Now the Hawks added a lot of pieces and have yet to field a fully healthy team. So it will take time.

panther pride!

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
... Ben Eager who had talent with this bozo? :facepalm:
Good lord the minute anyone laments not having Ben Eager on your team ...

Look, I don't care if there was a salary cap or not- dropping Eager was not a mistake- the guy was a seldom scoring, defensive liability who served as a punching bag while logging 4th line minutes.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Good lord the minute anyone laments not having Ben Eager on your team ...

Look, I don't care if there was a salary cap or not- dropping Eager was not a mistake- the guy was a seldom scoring, defensive liability who served as a punching bag while logging 4th line minutes.

it's not worth using logic and silly monetary things like the salary cap, and player evaluations

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No offense but you complain about this team when we lose but when we win you... complain about this team?

I am with Iago, lets play some New Jersey trap and just dump and chase the entire game. As long as we keep grabbing wins I can care less how it looks. Winning hockey is exciting hockey for me.

I did not catch the game because I had a hockey game of my own tonight. It is always a great feeling to come home after a win and find out the Hawks got 2 points tonight.

I'll just relax now & whatever happens, happens.

Last edited:

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
I'll just relax now & whatever happens, happens.

I honestly don't have a problem with some of your cynical posts like others do, all though you have made some ridiculous claims ignoring the salary cap. You have every right to point out and criticize players who are performing below where they should be. I am just saying it seems like there is no way to please you. I think all Hawks fans should be able to agree that we all just want this team to win.

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah, exactly.

Shit, I was just thrilled to see a team that could successfully move the puck out of their own zone and occasionally sustain pressure on a powerplay. I had grown so used to the awful Hawk teams before them that it was legitimately shocking to see a good product on the ice. A lot of the time, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Now, we've seen them win it all and lose a good chunk of what made them great in the process. Of course there's going to be a let down. Other than the Bulls' ridiculous run in the 90s, pretty much every championship team and their fanbase experience some kind of a drag the next season.

:dealwithit:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Didn't replace Eager, that's why your feeling is so low on it, you keep putting the mentality that is replacing players. Steeger-Stalberg, Eager-Scott, Dowell-Fraiser... or the one you wanted Buff-Beach.

It isn't replacing it's reformed and refilling because of the cap. They lost Eager and got a guy for half the price with 2 years who gives you the value you pay for, they couldn't pay for any more, the price of success..

But I too did enjoy the the ride of the 08-09 team more than any other.. Even so far to this point liked the 07-08 rise and struggle til the end of the season team.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I decided I had to put this in to perspective for my own benefit, if nothing else...

after having sat through the Hawks trading off Secord, Savard, Larmer, ok- still having a pretty good team, then having them trade away Hasek, ok -maybe expansion would have gotten him -who knows... then having to watch the team trade off Belfour, Roenick, and then Chelios (frankly after that amount of gutting in the decade that Chelios was on the team -who could blame the guy for wanting out and wanting to be on a contender- but apparently some bandwagoners like bandying around the term "traitor" -as if Chelios and *not* WWW was the actual baddy ...) ... booing Chelios -come on - get real ... work out your team's history people ... (f-ing pathetic frankly)...

I guess I can take losing the likes of Ben Eager. . . it really isn't that big of a deal.

And the 2007-08 wasn't so bad either - it showed there was some hope.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
it's not worth using logic and silly monetary things like the salary cap, and player evaluations

It's never not worth it --- just because certain folks choose not to handle it -isn't a reason to stop ... if you don't use it - you lose it. :)

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I decided I had to put this in to perspective for my own benefit, if nothing else...

after having sat through the Hawks trading off Secord, Savard, Larmer, ok- still having a pretty good team, then having them trade away Hasek, ok -maybe expansion would have gotten him -who knows... then having to watch the team trade off Belfour, Roenick, and then Chelios (frankly after that amount of gutting in the decade that Chelios was on the team -who could blame the guy for wanting out and wanting to be on a contender- but apparently some bandwagoners like bandying around the term "traitor" -as if Chelios and *not* WWW was the actual baddy ...) ... booing Chelios -come on - get real ... work out your team's history people ... (f-ing pathetic frankly)...

I guess I can take losing the likes of Ben Eager. . . it really isn't that big of a deal.

And the 2007-08 wasn't so bad either - it showed there was some hope.

I cannot blame Cheli completely, but I cannot absolve him completely, either. He asked the fans to "let bygones be bygones," but where was that attitude back in 2000 when he could have first displayed it instead of asking fans to display it in 2010?

I loved the guy while he was here and wouldn't call him a traitor. However, I can understand fans wanting to share their displeasure with him (as long as they weren't booing him ONLY because he played for the Wings - I agree, that's pathetic) because of the disrespect he showed to the Hawks franchise and the fans. That doesn't seem to bother me as much. We reap what we sow.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I see your point; although I will add that Chelios being a douche bag was his style (or lack of it) - he's one of those guys who you love on your team but know is a complete a-hole.

I agree that it was pretty unnecessary to bring the Detroit Stanley Cup to Chicago- and to Wrigley - completely classless... however .... that is what he is and was when he was on the Hawks. You get what you pay for.

How much of that was directed at the "Organization", though, and how much of it was directed at the fans? I know there would be some bleed over effect - but I can't help but think back then a lot of it had to do with the organization -which would be the same reasons that the Sutters all left town (Daryl especially), and Larmer decided to ditch his consecutive game streak and demand a trade... I don't think new comers to the team will ever be able to get quite what it was about...

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see your point; although I will add that Chelios being a douche bag was his style (or lack of it) - he's one of those guys who you love on your team but know is a complete a-hole.

I agree that it was pretty unnecessary to bring the Detroit Stanley Cup to Chicago- and to Wrigley - completely classless... however .... that is what he is and was when he was on the Hawks. You get what you pay for.

How much of that was directed at the "Organization", though, and how much of it was directed at the fans? I know there would be some bleed over effect - but I can't help but think back then a lot of it had to do with the organization -which would be the same reasons that the Sutters all left town (Daryl especially), and Larmer decided to ditch his consecutive game streak and demand a trade... I don't think new comers to the team will ever be able to get quite what it was about...

Aye. No doubt you make great points about who he was (and his stubbornness) and some angst he felt toward the organization; however, I still struggle to this day why he couldn't wear an Indianhead sweater for at most 10 minutes for a photo in respect for being chosen as a team legend. "Let bygones be bygones" would have worked well then.