1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
NO TIME!

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sharp took a long time to develop too. Glad we got Stalberg.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I hated Ladd too at the time when we got him (I loved Ruuty).

Bickell has seemed to have woken up with Stalberg.

That's why Q put him on that line. To help the line play better. So far he's done that. Impressive.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bickell seems to have alot more jump in his game. Hope he continues it.

Dude has a laser beam of a wrist shot.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He showed that he could play during the playoffs last year. Stalberg is helping Bickell channel that player that he was during the postseason last year.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
charwalk.gif

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I might be in the minority, but that was mostly a shitshow last night. Maybe a period's worth of good hockey from our Hawks. The first period they had good possession, but were so damned scared to shoot. The second was better and the third was pretty much all BJs. Crawford was fantastic.

Really showed the level of talent difference between the two teams. I'm guessing it would have been a 7-3 loss had they been playing against a more talented team, say the Wings, for example.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I might be in the minority, but that was mostly a shitshow last night. Maybe a period's worth of good hockey from our Hawks. The first period they had good possession, but were so damned scared to shoot. The second was better and the third was pretty much all BJs. Crawford was fantastic.

Really showed the level of talent difference between the two teams. I'm guessing it would have been a 7-3 loss had they been playing against a more talented team, say the Wings, for example.

The Hawks were out-shot, out-hit, out-face offed, and had 10 giveaways per Jesse Rodgers.

So, yeah, I'd say that was a shitshow.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
The Hawks were out-shot, out-hit, out-face offed, and had 10 giveaways per Jesse Rodgers.

So, yeah, I'd say that was a shitshow.

I really have an issue with saying these two things. The face offs I don't because it is pretty cut and dry.

The Blackhawks should be out hit just about every night. They are a puck possession team. The team that possesses the puck more than the other team is most likely going to get hit more. Afterall, you can only hit someone, legally, that has the puck or just had the puck.

The out shot thing as well. I would worry about chances. The Blackhawks had a whole lot more quality chances than the CBJ last night even if being outshot by 16. Also, a lot of times you are going to get out shot when you go into a defensive mode when you have a pretty good strangle hold on the game.

This just goes to show, stats don't tell the whole story and they never will.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really have an issue with saying these two things. The face offs I don't because it is pretty cut and dry.

The Blackhawks should be out hit just about every night. They are a puck possession team. The team that possesses the puck more than the other team is most likely going to get hit more. Afterall, you can only hit someone, legally, that has the puck or just had the puck.

The out shot thing as well. I would worry about chances. The Blackhawks had a whole lot more quality chances than the CBJ last night even if being outshot by 16. Also, a lot of times you are going to get out shot when you go into a defensive mode when you have a pretty good strangle hold on the game.

This just goes to show, stats don't tell the whole story and they never will.

Definitely. They played a good game and did some things wrong. This game should've been easier in my opinion.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Definitely. They played a good game and did some things wrong. This game should've been easier in my opinion.

Easy or easier games are a figment of the fans imagination. It's the NHL and the CBJ could beat the Red Wings, Bruins, whoever on any given night.

I'll take a 4 - 1 game and be very pleased with it every time.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
c'mon icehog, leave Dews alone. Seen that just to stir it up.

The guy is playing well but lets not act like he's Pavel Datsyuk all of a sudden.

Last edited:

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Easy or easier games are a figment of the fans imagination. It's the NHL and the CBJ could beat the Red Wings, Bruins, whoever on any given night.

I'll take a 4 - 1 game and be very pleased with it every time.

This is true. Otherwise CBJ would be winless.