4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Let's Go Hawks!

Get the Ovechtrick of wins!

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Get the Ovechtrick of wins!

That line there is enough to make me want to puke. I hate how EVERYONE at ESPN bows down to him and Crosby, not saying they aren't great players, but my God there are alot of other great players out there.

As for this game, I unfortunately will be working through most of it and will not be able to watch most if not all of the game. I am really hoping that the Hawks come out swinging tonight and do not play down to their opponent.

Picking Frolik to have a great game against his old mates. (Oh, wait, he sucks, just ask JoeHawks)

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
That line there is enough to make me want to puke. I hate how EVERYONE at ESPN bows down to him and Crosby, not saying they aren't great players, but my God there are alot of other great players out there.

As for this game, I unfortunately will be working through most of it and will not be able to watch most if not all of the game. I am really hoping that the Hawks come out swinging tonight and do not play down to their opponent.

Picking Frolik to have a great game against his old mates. (Oh, wait, he sucks, just ask JoeHawks)

I had just seen an Ovechtrick commercial. :shrug:

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who's ready to make it 8 straight wins to tonight?

J

Franko725

Liked Posts:
I figured you must have. That commercial is just about as bad as the statement that Lebron made that the Heat were going to win like 1 million titles or whatever the hell he said.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you mean 9 straight.

We're up to 8 straight wins already? Even better! Not being able to keep track of how many games in a row your team has won is a pretty sweet problem to have.

J

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the hawks dont win with as hot as they have been and Florida playing pretty poorly this year i would be shocked.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
We're up to 8 straight wins already? Even better! Not being able to keep track of how many games in a row your team has won is a pretty sweet problem to have.

J

And if they do win the ninth straight tonight it will eclipse the longest streak that last year's team had, which was eight as well. Not bad for a team that honestly does not have quite as much skill as last year's team had.

All eight wins have come since Johnson came back into the lineup as the fourth line center that we have really been needing to allow four all four lines to have a true center. He may not quite be Madden, but he has been playing a great game lately.

Last edited:

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
And if they do win the ninth straight tonight it will eclipse the longest streak that last year's team had, which was eight as well. Not bad for a team that honestly does not have quite as much skill as last year's team had.

All eight wins have come sinec Johnson came back into the lineup as the fourth line center that we have really been needing to allow four all four lines to have a true center. He may not quite be Madden, but he has been playing a great game lately.

No doubt. Well said, Franko.

J

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:

All eight wins have come sinec Johnson came back into the lineup as the fourth line center that we have really been needing to allow four all four lines to have a true center. He may not quite be Madden, but he has been playing a great game lately.

While his contribution has been positive, let's not misconstrue/exaggerate a 4th line center's contribution to the winning streak. He also didn't play in 2 of the 8 wins.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
While his contribution has been positive, let's not misconstrue/exaggerate a 4th line center's contribution to the winning streak. He also didn't play in 2 of the 8 wins.

I am not trying to overplay his contribution to the win streak. I will say that since this team is now able to actually roll four lines that actually make sense out on the ice, it is no small matter. Kopecky being at center earlier this season made me want to throw my steel toe boots through my tv.

The fourth line is now eating up some minutes, allowing the top three lines to not have to be out there for unreasonable minutes each night. It is refreshing to also see someone other than Toew's that can go out and win at the dot at a decent clip.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know it's only the first period but I hope this doesn't turn out to be a trap game for the Hawks. Don't get me wrong, I'm not freaking out or anything just because the Panthers scored one goal.

J

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not trying to overplay his contribution to the win streak. I will say that since this team is now able to actually roll four lines that actually make sense out on the ice, it is no small matter. Kopecky being at center earlier this season made me want to throw my steel toe boots through my tv.

The fourth line is now eating up some minutes, allowing the top three lines to not have to be out there for unreasonable minutes each night. It is refreshing to also see someone other than Toew's that can go out and win at the dot at a decent clip.

Yeah, him being out there has been a godsend of sorts - much better than what I expected when he was signed. I do expect him to get hurt again. Tbo and I were chatting about him earlier this week about bringing him back next season; I don't think he can be relied upon for a long stretch.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
PP! gotta get something going... Kopsucky is gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.