IGT: Chicago @ Washington NLDS 2017 Game 4

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
well 99/100 times Dusty is wrong, so hopefully it works out.

Wind blowing in, Schwarber might get 2 at bats hope he makes good use of them. He did hit one out on the street foul off Strasburg and he is one guy that can get thru the wind.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Has anyone seen any revisions to the Cubs lineup? I would assume Heyward is back in against Strasburg?

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
OK, Heyward is in Schwarber is out.

DL3cJK7VwAAhY_J.jpg

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I feel like if stras is starting they may have already lost. No way his head is 100% in the game.

ChrispyCizzleGlater

Liked Posts:
Sounds likes good psychology. Make the Cubs think Stras is being a downer, give them hope in dangling Roark as the Game 4 starter; the Cubs would focus on scouting Roark and panning to face him. Then, having Stras thrown back at you could over complicate the Cubs strategy today. Nice play Dusty

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Cubs swap Schwarber out and Heyward in

DL3ztcXUEAAhVcA.jpg:large

Heyward has decent splits in his career and with the wind in and the wet grass, makes sense to get your defensive savant in the lineup.

greg23

Liked Posts:
With heyward almora jay Martin on the roster why does maddon leave zobrist in the of in the 8th/9th with a lead?

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Sounds likes good psychology. Make the Cubs think Stras is being a downer, give them hope in dangling Roark as the Game 4 starter; the Cubs would focus on scouting Roark and panning to face him. Then, having Stras thrown back at you could over complicate the Cubs strategy today. Nice play Dusty

Dusty isn't that smart, I mean not even close. The buzz is that Boras called Strasburg in the middle of the night and encouraged him to go the team and tell him he would take the ball. That sounds way more likely.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Dusty isn't that smart, I mean not even close. The buzz is that Boras called Strasburg in the middle of the night and encouraged him to go the team and tell him he would take the ball. That sounds way more likely.
I didn't have the knowledge regarding Boras, but I did feel that it was Strasburg not wanting to take the ball, as opposed to Dusty messing something up. This is really the end of the season and your number 1 pitcher (yes. I know that have two other really good pitchers) doesn't want the ball in a win or go home game? I will be very surprised if he has a good outing against the Cubs.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I didn't have the knowledge regarding Boras, but I did feel that it was Strasburg not wanting to take the ball, as opposed to Dusty messing something up. This is really the end of the season and your number 1 pitcher (yes. I know that have two other really good pitchers) doesn't want the ball in a win or go home game? I will be very surprised if he has a good outing against the Cubs.

I really hope they hit him hard.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Game condition not in Cubs favor today as a homer hitting team.. cold wind blowing in

Going to need to take some walks and get some big hits..
2 or 3 runs probably wins it today

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol the Nationals are trying to cover Strasburg being a puss

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I've been sort of nonchalant about this whole season, I wanted to win of course but riding the high of the WS win I didn't feel any great angst or intensity. Yeah, that's done now. I WANT this. I want to see that toothpick eating shithead leaving Wrigley Field and hopefully the profession. Let's end this thing!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
This game in Arrieta hand today...
Gonna be tough getting 1 or 2 off Strasburg

Jake gotta shut them down

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

greg23

Liked Posts:
Gonna be another malox special

1-0
2-1
3-1
Type of game

DanTown

Liked Posts:
How does Javy swing at that 1-0 pitch? Like, how in your mind as a hitter are you even swinging at that? Not only was it never a fastball out the hand, it was no where near the zone. THAT's the pitch he has to learn to take. I don't need the guy to be perfect at reading slider, taking, and letting go. I need the go to sit 1-0, look for a pitch in a zone and attack it and let it go, even if it's a strike.

The fact the guy has well over 1000 PA now just makes me wish he learns it soon.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Still not sure why zobrist didn't try for the triple

One out is the time to go and seemed like he had a great chance and of course the throw from harper to murphy was offline.....and as darling said....murphy has a noodle arm