Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Derrick Rose sucks

• 2010 Free Agents

• Total voters

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Well, This makes the bulls the 9th seed. I know there is plenty of time left, but say the bulls miss the playoffs?

What are the consequences? Fire Hoiberg? Blow it up? or wait for one last shot with Jimmy, Derrick and (maybe)Pau?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Doesn't fix the interior defense
That'll be broken the rest of the year. Even with Taj it's not good. They miss Noah.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That'll be broken the rest of the year. Even with Taj it's not good. They miss Noah.

Superstar Jo would fix this team :yep:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Superstar Jo would fix this team :yep:
Defense would be better. Doesn't make em contenders or champs.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Fred isn't a good coach. I've seen enough. I don't care if he doesn't have a roster of his "system players." He has a roster with enough talent that should be better than their record. Even with the injuries they've had. Injuries are nothing new to this team.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Because blowing our team up does not automatically lead up to an 8th seed or greater. Do we need coherent pieces? Yes. Do I want to sacrifice seasons for that? Absolutely not. What I want is depth and smart and urgent business strategies from the FO. And this is making me miss Jo a lot because like it or not HE was our backbone on the defensive ball. Pau is an All Star center but he's slow.

be careful who you say that to on here....but you are absolutely 100% correct

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Noah helped the defense, that much is true. He's a better defender than Gasol without question. However, if he was a "10" defensively during his DPOY season, he was about a 7 this season. When you take into account his knee problems and now the shoulder injury, his age, and the way he was effective (lateral movement, hustle, athleticism), re-signing him would be about as stupid as re-signing Gasol. Unless he would take a dirt cheap deal for 2 years.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Noah helped the defense, that much is true. He's a better defender than Gasol without question. However, if he was a "10" defensively during his DPOY season, he was about a 7 this season. When you take into account his knee problems and now the shoulder injury, his age, and the way he was effective (lateral movement, hustle, athleticism), re-signing him would be about as stupid as re-signing Gasol. Unless he would take a dirt cheap deal for 2 years.
Yeah I'd only take Noah back if he was on the cheap. Nothing against Noah, I love him to death, but it's time to move on from this group.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah I'd only take Noah back if he was on the cheap. Nothing against Noah, I love him to death, but it's time to move on from this group.

so you want to get rid of everyone on the roster? drose and jimmy included?

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
No, just the old, and (now) ineffective players.

hmmmm yet you complain about the interior defense as of late....no correlation possible there though, right??

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
hmmmm yet you complain about the interior defense as of late....no correlation possible there though, right??

It'd be improved with Noah, no doubt. But not by a large margin. And certainly not enough to account for the loss of production he'd bring to the offensive side of the ball.

The guy is done at this point of his career. He could give a solid 15 mins a night at most, but that's it. And by "solid", I mean solid by Noah's standards.

You're the only one carrying his torch anymore dude. Carry it with pride, I suppose.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
so you want to get rid of everyone on the roster? drose and jimmy included?
We can live without Rose. Obviously I'd like to see him succeed in a Bulls uniform, but given his health, it's a huge risk to invest money in him as a core player. Jimmy I would try to build around, but if someone offers a really good trade package for him and we can do a full rebuild off of that, I am open to it.

stevethacreator

Liked Posts:
Honestly, at this point I'd take Taj and Bobby playing these spots next year if they do shop Pau and Jo. I really need a swingman on this team and the thing about teams GS or even Miami last night is there's versatility and we don't have that. Me? Rose has been consistent, and the hamstring was just a cautionary thing, I'd want to keep him on this team. We need a cast of players with some zeal annnnd we aren't getting enough of it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, at this point I'd take Taj and Bobby playing these spots next year if they do shop Pau and Jo. I really need a swingman on this team and the thing about teams GS or even Miami last night is there's versatility and we don't have that. Me? Rose has been consistent, and the hamstring was just a cautionary thing, I'd want to keep him on this team. We need a cast of players with some zeal annnnd we aren't getting enough of it.

I really do not agree that the hammy was just a cautionary thing. His hammies have been his complete downfall since the 2014 season. I really doubt that his physical condition will improve going forward. It would be one thing if Rose could at least shoot from the outside but he has actually gotten worse instead of better over the years. They need a complete over-haul starting with the front office, extending through the scouting department, and replacement of the head coach.