IGT: HOCKEY GAME OF THE YEAR! USA vs CANADA - WJC 2/3/11 6:30

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Team USA takes on Team Canada in the semi finals tomorrow. Easily the two most talented teams in the tournament (Sweden is really good too but they have been very fortunate). This is going to be a fucking great match-up. Canada is the bigger more physical team but we have a ton more speed. Brayden Schenn is playing out of his mind and if we can contain his line we should win this game.

Tomorrow 6:30 central time on NHL Network.

*sucks I have somewhere to be tomorrow night and will have to watch the game on DVR*

GO USA!!

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
should be a good game...I can see the U.S. winning easily ( by 2 or 3 goals)

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
should be a good game...I can see the U.S. winning easily ( by 2 or 3 goals)

As much as I would love to see that but that will not happen, unless Visentin has an awful night. While my heart says USA win, my head says Canada is going to win this game, Jack Campbell stood on his head last year and this year he has been solid but untested. Canada has more fire power and a better defense, our only advantage is team speed and goaltending.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
As much as I would love to see that but that will not happen, unless Visentin has an awful night. While my heart says USA win, my head says Canada is going to win this game, Jack Campbell stood on his head last year and this year he has been solid but untested. Canada has more fire power and a better defense, our only advantage is team speed and goaltending.

I can see it going either way, and I have no emotional attachment to either team...

It will be important for Canada to get a quick goal and bury the Americans early...if it's a long drawn out game, I give the edge to Campbell and USA

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
I can see it going either way, and I have no emotional attachment to either team...

It will be important for Canada to get a quick goal and bury the Americans early...if it's a long drawn out game, I give the edge to Campbell and USA

I would say the complete opposite. Canada is bigger and more physical and are a deeper team, this gives them the ability to play a full 60 minuets. We need to use our speed advantage early to get a 2 goal lead then trap and defend. Speed is our advantage so long as our legs are fresh, if this game goes down to the wire I think Canada has a big advantage in being deeper. If we do get the early lead and run the trap Canada does not have the speed up front to match our defensive speed to chase down dumped pucks and it will be very hard for Canada to score on us.

It really hurts that both Zucker and Morin are out tonight for us. Even though Callahan scored for us against the Swiss I still consider us down to 10 forwards for tonight.

Canada is healthy except for Schwartzman, who is not a big factor for Canada now that Kassian has returned.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would say the complete opposite. Canada is bigger and more physical and are a deeper team, this gives them the ability to play a full 60 minuets. We need to use our speed advantage early to get a 2 goal lead then trap and defend. Speed is our advantage so long as our legs are fresh, if this game goes down to the wire I think Canada has a big advantage in being deeper. If we do get the early lead and run the trap Canada does not have the speed up front to match our defensive speed to chase down dumped pucks and it will be very hard for Canada to score on us.

It really hurts that both Zucker and Morin are out tonight for us. Even though Callahan scored for us against the Swiss I still consider us down to 10 forwards for tonight.

Canada is healthy except for Schwartzman, who is not a big factor for Canada now that Kassian has returned.

They're in tonight.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
They're in tonight.

Positive?... if they are then that is awesome. The last report I read was very early this morning so maybe their status has been updated. I am so amped for this now. This also helps that we can scratch Callahan and run with 12 legitimate forwards.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Positive?... if they are then that is awesome. The last report I read was very early this morning so maybe their status has been updated. I am so amped for this now. This also helps that we can scratch Callahan and run with 12 legitimate forwards.

Well, I suppose it could be cat and mouse. According to Allain, he said "all are in."

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ouch. We just sucked ass tonight.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Canada came to out muscle, and thats what they did

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Jack Campbell played great, that game could have been a lot worse. I knew in my head this should have been the outcome but I was optimistic going into it. On the bright side Campbell is eligible for next year and I think we will ice another strong team.

Southpaw24

Your worst nightmare
Liked Posts:
OH CANADA!!!!

But in all fairness I give a lot of credit to Campbell he played really good tonight just didnt get any help at all. If I was at the game I would not have been chanting his name like a lot of the fans were just becasue this kid played great. Its not his fault the other guys on the team didnt come to play

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
haha. Just watched it today. Canada kicked ass.