IGT: vs Reds.

Steve_A

Liked Posts:
Tank for 4-5 years to collect prospects.
No more half assing things.
Should have left Darvish if you wanted to contend.
Should have traded the whole team if you didn't want to contend.

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Tank for 4-5 years to collect prospects.
No more half assing things.
Should have left Darvish if you want to contend.
Should have traded the whole team if you didn't want to contend.

I agree with everything but the 4-5 years thing. Teams with the budget the size of the cubs should never need 4-5 years to rebuild. Look at the Red Sox…they traded away Betts(arguably a top 5 player in all of baseball), then sucked ass for a year, and now look like one of the top 5 contenders in baseball…and that’s been without Chris sale, whomst they get back soon. If it takes 4-5 years for the cubs to get back to contending, then somebody fucked up and needs to lose their job(s)

Steve_A

Liked Posts:
I agree with everything but the 4-5 years thing. Teams with the budget the size of the cubs should never need 4-5 years to rebuild. Look at the Red Sox…they traded away Betts(arguably a top 5 player in all of baseball), then sucked ass for a year, and now look like one of the top 5 contenders in baseball…and that’s been without Chris sale, whomst they get back soon. If it takes 4-5 years for the cubs to get back to contending, then somebody fucked up and needs to lose their job(s)
I agree with most of what you said but does this team even have a Devers to build upon.
Davis maybe that piece but how many years away is he?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I agree with most of what you said but does this team even have a Devers to build upon.
Davis maybe that piece but how many years away is he?

no, probably not. What they do have that the Red Sox don’t however, is a bunch of really good bullpen arms. Neither team has much starting pitching.