Ill take Mitch over many seasons of QB ineptitude

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
This rationale is stupid and needs to stop. Saying the current QB is better than the previous QB is not setting the bar very high in Chicago. The same bs was said about Cutler and even Grossman. Just because the most recent shit you dropped smells a lot better than the previous 20 doesn't make it better than shit.

Trubisky has played better these past few games, literally no one is going to deny that. He has made plenty of mistakes, which have not eased the concerns of the "haters" Trubisky has a long way to go before I will consider him more than the less stinky piece of shit of the Bears QB group. But at this point that is all he is.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It doesn't fucking matter what Mahomes does.

If you are going to constantly bash Mitch because Mahomes has better stats you are being foolish.

Jim kelly never had stats as good as Dan Marino. But he had a HOF career and went to 4 super bowls. Fans like you would have bashed him his entire career simply for being drafted ahead of marino. That's just plain stupid.

Every time a player is drafted high, he is drafted ahead of someone who makes the HOF. Look at every draft. The only ones to become HOFs aren't taken #1, #2, #3, and so on. Mahomes may be the greatest athlete in the history of the NFL. That does not factor into a fair assessment of mitch's play.

Uhm, I was directly responding to a post literally claiming that if Mahomes was on the Bears he'd have done no better than Trubisky. Read what you're responding to in context before you go off on a tirade.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
They left Tom Brady at home? They just beat the Chiefs but aren’t close to a SB team? Have you watched the AFC?
The Bears knocked out Michel. That’s part of the game.

Did you miss the fact that Mack and Robinson played injured? Does that factor in?

Sony Michel and James White are 1A and 1B, but because Michel left the game, he is now Jim Brown.

OMG, Mitch must suck because we lost to some crap team named the Patriots who had not won a road game previously (in two tries). We allowed two ST TDs and lost, as teams do when that happens. But our fan base concludes our QB is to blame.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Uhm, I was directly responding to a post literally claiming that if Mahomes was on the Bears he'd have done no better than Trubisky. Read what you're responding to in context before you go off on a tirade.

My comment is in regards to your posts in general. Don't pretend you're responding to only one post. You have bashed Mitch all year, and you can't respond to any subject without discussing Mahomes.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My comment is in regards to your posts in general. Don't pretend you're responding to only one post. You have bashed Mitch all year, and you can't respond to any subject without discussing Mahomes.

I wasn't even the one who brought him up you dumb shit. Here's how it went down.

I have no doubt if mahomes were drafted by the bears he would be about where mitch is statistically.

That's an irrational assumption. Mahomes is clearly a far more talented passer than Trubisky.

It doesn't fucking matter what Mahomes does.

If you are going to constantly bash Mitch because Mahomes has better stats you are being foolish.

Last edited:

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Anybody who has watched the bears' six games who thinks we have a problem at QB is a fool.

Is he the best in the league? No.

But Bears fans are more fixated on whining that we didn't take Mahomes than seeing what we really have. For a QB that has started fewer than 16 games, I can't imagine that fans are complaining.

Far from perfect, but he has played well and shows a lot of promise. Get him some protection and give him a fair shot. Very few here are objective. Many here judge a player not by what he actually shows on the field, but solely on whether he is better than some other guy.
Mitch has started in 18 games.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sony Michel and James White are 1A and 1B, but because Michel left the game, he is now Jim Brown.

LOL @ this.

Coming into the Bears game, Michel was averaging 80.0 rushing yards game, White was averaging 24.8 per game.

Please stop posting.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I look at really good QBs as having 3 things.

Step 1: Production

Step 2: Consistency

Step 3: Efficiency

We are in step 1 moving towards step 2. A long way to go before we have all 3.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I wasn't even the one who brought him up you dumb shit. Here's how it went down.

Again, this is not in response to a single post. Stop pretending you don't refer to Mahomes in every thread.

"Bearmick, what time is it?"

"Time to admit we should have drafted Mahomes!"

"Bearmick, is it raining?"

"Yeah. Raining passing yards by Mahomes!"

We get it. You like Mahomes, and you are incapable of evaluating a Bears player objectively because you are hell bent on criticizing the organization constantly. We get it.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again, this is not in response to a single post. Stop pretending you don't refer to Mahomes in every thread.

Feel free to browse my posting history and provide some evidence of this bullshit. Otherwise kindly stfu and stop posting nonsense.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Are you seriously trying to justify Mitch by saying he’s better than the shit we’ve had before. Just because you are better than shit it doesn’t make you good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Truth. Plus time with his skill players—wr, te, rb. Passing to ARob and Shaheen is not the same as Gabriel or Cohen.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Are you seriously trying to justify Mitch by saying he’s better than the shit we’ve had before. Just because you are better than shit it doesn’t make you good.

Yes. I believe the thread title described my current thoughts succinctly.

Here is where I differ from many of you incessant twats. It's simply my current thoughts. The most up to date shit running around my dome piece...
I am free to change my mind if Mitch throws for 160 and 4 INTS without people throwing me into one of the apparent two categories this place is capable of pitching a poster in... A) I love Mitch- and get offended by the B) Mitch sux bro category.

Not sure which category you are in and the venom is not really directed only at you... I think... I don't know? I don't remember your most current posts or thoughts. There are only a few posters here I can recall their basic Bear ideology. You aren't one of them.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
No doubt there were bad ones, but seriously that many QB's (+ more not listed), is more of an indictment on the org, not the player.

Who did I miss on this VIP list of ineptitude/Development I created?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Yes. I believe the thread title described my current thoughts succinctly.

Here is where I differ from many of you incessant twats. It's simply my current thoughts. The most up to date shit running around my dome piece...
I am free to change my mind if Mitch throws for 160 and 4 INTS without people throwing me into one of the apparent two categories this place is capable of pitching a poster in... A) I love Mitch- and get offended by the B) Mitch sux bro category.

Not sure which category you are in and the venom is not really directed only at you... I think... I don't know? I don't remember your most current posts or thoughts. There are only a few posters here I can recall their basic Bear ideology. You aren't one of them.

I think Mitch is a good QB and eventually become our franchise QB. I don’t think however, you justify that by saying he is better than the shit we had before him. Being better than shit doesn’t make you good. Being good does.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think Mitch is a good QB and eventually become our franchise QB. I don’t think however, you justify that by saying he is better than the shit we had before him. Being better than shit doesn’t make you good. Being good does.

Well of course there are stats to help back me up! My overall point is I-----no WE have put up with some shit and if this is the next QB in line, so far it ain't that bad. That's all the list was for. Mitch seems like he is ready for the challenge. Hope that clears things up for you... I am not capable of justifying anything with the Bears- I like our current direction....until I don't.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Consistency is the most important of those traits, imo. If a qb is consistent, you know what you have and what you can expect week to week. You can develop an effective offensive game plan every week. You coach and teammates know what to expect, and prepare accordingly. Even if a QB is average, if they are CONSISTENTLY average, you can build a winning team.

But if you have no idea if your QB is going to play good or not from week to week, it all goes out the window. Consistency is key...i hope Trubisky can develop some. Right now, he is far from it, and it hurts the entire team...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yup and stat wise after last week's poor throw outing, he's been the least accurate starter this year by PFF's count. Mid pack by actual statistical accuracy. A 52% game will do that to you. I don't put much weight into PFF because of how they determine and collect stats (this one was perfect throw % nonsense) but when you come up worst at something, even by their relatively poor standards, you probably need to step it up. Same is true of a mid pack % guy in this O. It is true that after one very bad week, it's not the time to do a representative stats post but it was a very bad throwing week and sugar coating it doesn't change that.

I don't think Mahomes is a good compare at this point. The entire O is new here and Mitch still a considerably greener QB overall, even if he's had more NFL starts. That said, Mitch can't miss reads and throws as often as last week and expect to win games or progress. I understand that the path isn't linear but we can't have Sybil under center either.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I can't stand all the comparisons people are constantly making. And it changes week to week, to the next "flavor of the week" young QB who performed better than Trubisky will ever hope to... LOL! Which is a good indication of how impatient and Special person people are.

First of all, every QB's situation is different. Every QB themselves is different. Every young QB has taken a different road, and has different experiences on the way to the NFL and to where they are now. There are so many variables at work. So just stfu and enjoy the roller coaster that is the development of Trubisky and this offense, or don't. Regardless, kiss my grits.