Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
4-7 bitches. Next stop, final 4

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Illini might even beat Missouri next week.
Or they might not.
I say illini by 6.
Raaawwwrrr!!!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That's a really dumb article. Frank Martin yells a lot. Huggins yells a lot. The "fans" who have been going to the games have reported that Underwood is a lot more reserved this year than last. I guess Tupper wants to be a namby pamby and bring back Groce.

I've forgot about Tupper. Used to be a God on a message board called the illiniboard about a decade ago.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Illini might even beat Missouri next week.
Or they might not.
I say illini by 6.
Raaawwwrrr!!!

Its time to just cut their losses with Underwood. This team has already quit on him.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Its time to just cut their losses with Underwood. This team has already quit on him.
Yep. They were up 56-55 on MizNoz and just decided to quit on Underwood. Fire him!

His substitution patterns are as inexcuseable as they were for Groce. Where the hell was Griffin all night? They don't have a good front court, so they need shooters on the floor. No Griffin and Jordan mysteriously didn't get on the floor a lot. Playing an injured 5th year of Samba Kane? Kane actually blocked a shot in 10 seconds on the floor. It's baffling watching some of what's going on. Of course they are very young and lack an active, experienced Big, but I'm not seeing a ton of improvement at the moment.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Illinois absolute dumpster fire for sports. Josh Whitman needs to go too.
Illinois Women's Volleyball Final Four appearance with a coach Whitman hired. Final Fours suck. Fire him!

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Volleyball? Jesus Christ you have a low standard.
I have high enough standards to know Whitman isn't going anywhere any time soon and don't post stupid shit to the contrary on the internet.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I have high enough standards to know Whitman isn't going anywhere any time soon and don't post stupid shit to the contrary on the internet.

As long as people continue to praise his Volleyball hire, yea he probably won't go anywhere. Absolutely pathetic. You should be ashamed.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yep. They were up 56-55 on MizNoz and just decided to quit on Underwood. Fire him!

His substitution patterns are as inexcuseable as they were for Groce. Where the hell was Griffin all night? They don't have a good front court, so they need shooters on the floor. No Griffin and Jordan mysteriously didn't get on the floor a lot. Playing an injured 5th year of Samba Kane? Kane actually blocked a shot in 10 seconds on the floor. It's baffling watching some of what's going on. Of course they are very young and lack an active, experienced Big, but I'm not seeing a ton of improvement at the moment.

We're seeing a lot of regression from a team that was supposed to be more competitive than last year. Not a good sign

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They just lost to FAU at home. He's done

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not gonna happen, JJ. He has a big buyout after year 2. After year 3 it's still fairly large. A big problem with the team is they need more height in the middle. A Freshman PF is playing C. Supposedly they are leading for a top big man. I'm not going to go out on a limb and say Underwood will succeed once he gets his guys at all spots, but I do think the contract was structured that way to give him that opportunity. His coaching has looked pretty bad this year. When more than a handful of Illinois fans start to consider a coach as clueless as Groce, there is no other way to look at it.