2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How many times is my thread going to be moved? Lol. I had it originally in the all sports forum, then it was moved to the bar, now back here. Smh.

I would have left the title vacated.m. Why give it to a team that did not win it.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many times is my thread going to be moved? Lol. I had it originally in the all sports forum, then it was moved to the bar, now back here. Smh.

I would have left the title vacated.m. Why give it to a team that did not win it.

I didn't realize they gave the title to someone else. That is Special person. I agree out should be vacated.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn't realize they gave the title to someone else. That is Special person. I agree out should be vacated.

Yeah, the all white team from Las Vegas (who lost to JRW) is the champion now. I wonder if they get to go to the White house or get 200k in donations. lol

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
If you seriously have experienced a coach who is teaching kids how to play dirty, you need to report that to the program's director . That's not only unethical but borderline illegal. The only thing I can mention though is that while checking is not allowed in 12 and under, body contact is. Going for a puck along the boards, punching someone off along the boards, battling for space is okay. Someone takes the body and not plays the puck, then it's a penalty for checking.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

To be fair, I just heard it from another kid. We have a backyard rink and have kids over all the time. One of the kids says his coach tells them to trip kids or 'check' kids if 'we are getting tripped'

The reality is that most kids at Mite and even Squirt just aren't great skaters and aren't strong with the stick. They can't back check like Hossa. Most of the time the 'tripping' isn't intentional. It's a result of a kid not being a great skater and not having stick control and getting either his skates or stick caught up. It's rarely malicious, although there's always 'that one kid'. A coach suggesting that their kids intentionally trip or take down another skater because of that deserves a nut punch. If I saw it, I would report it. Then again, most rinks are run so poorly that I'm not sure anything would come of it.

And you have refs who are 16 doing the games. A penalty (usually for a trip or inadvertent check) is an automatic penalty shot. Most kids at that age aren't good goalies so it winds up being 80% a good goal. That can be the difference in winning or losing a game. It's why I hate that shit. Put them on the PK and let the kids learn how to play the game the right way.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
The thing is, I feel bad for the kids because I'm sure they had no idea... but JRW had an illegal roster which teams have gotten their Championships taken away for in the past. Yeah, they still beat those other teams, but they just aren't recognized as the champs anymore due to the coach and admin being fucktards. So yes, they should still be proud of how they played and their ability, but also realize that had then higher ups not broken the rules, this could of been preventive.

Hopefully every kid on that team is a little pissed off and instead of falling towards the negative, turns this into a positive and doesn't do unethical things when their adults. All JJ is doing is saying that "it's okay".

Well, the team they beat for the championship also beat them - pretty soundly - earlier in the tourney.

They really didn't win 'fair and square'. If every other team was able to put together a 'no boundaries' dream time, who is to say that JWR even gets out of sectionals?

It's effectively an All Star team playing against a house team. That's not fair and square, whether the kids knew about it or not.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, the all white team from Las Vegas (who lost to JRW) is the champion now. I wonder if they get to go to the White house or get 200k in donations. lol

All the black racists are really going to have a field day now.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Jesse Jackson was on a local radio show this morning. As of now, he is:

- Planning a 'celebration rally' on Saturday to celebrate they championship.

- Filing a lawsuit (against whom and for what?)

- Suggesting the guy from Evergreen Park team who started the kerfuffle is a racist.

Congrats Jesse, you, a 'man of the cloth', just put a target on this man's head.

I hate the motherfucker with every fiber of my being.

The radio show hosts pussied out though. Should have asked him the hard questions:

- 'Jesse, what do your children think of this situation. Have you spoken to them? Specifically, the illegitimate daughter and the convicted felon son who is currently sitting in prison'

- 'Jesse, what is your desired outcome of this lawsuit? Will you be given an Dick's Sporting Goods store as a settlement? Will you hand that store over to your son to run into the ground?'

- 'Jesse, did you file a similar lawsuit on behalf of the Peachtree team from Georgia a few years ago who was also disqualified? If so, why not - because it was an all white team'?

- 'Jesse, exactly which church are you ordained in? Exactly where is your church located and where does your congregation gather each Sunday?'

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Want to add a little fun to the story? Jesse is saying 'racism' as a result of the Evergreen Park coach whisteblower. He is not suggesting, but saying that these actions are racially motivated.

Translation - he is saying the Evergreen Park coach at the center of this - Chris Janes - is racist.

Umm, one bit of info. Chris Janes is married. To a black woman! He has four children with his black wife.

Jesse, might have wanted to check that fact out first...

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
He won't be happy until all black people are given 100k per year in welfare and white people pay for it.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All the black racists are really going to have a field day now.

Yeah, I listened to many of them calling in to the Score yesterday afternoon.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
THey took those same kids out of school yesterday so they could be standing there next to him during his press conference yesterday.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
What is LL supposed to do? Let them keep the championship despite them having an illegal roster? What does that prove?

How does that team in Vegas feel that they lost in the championship game to a team that had an illegal roster? I'm sure they would of loved to have added a couple of the higher skilled players from neighboring districts.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
What is LL supposed to do? Let them keep the championship despite them having an illegal roster? What does that prove?

How does that team in Vegas feel that they lost in the championship game to a team that had an illegal roster? I'm sure they would of loved to have added a couple of the higher skilled players from neighboring districts.

I'm sure they feel fine now.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
not sure where this goes, but JRW got the shaft

"In August, my son was 5 feet 10 inches, so I also watched with interest the tall kids on a few teams who could make an outsize difference in the games. South Korea's team had several of them. South Korea fielded a team of 12-year-olds whose average height was about the same as fully grown South Korean men. Their two 5-foot-10-inch players were the difference-makers at the plate and on the mound. Clearly this was a Korean 12-year-old national team, yet I defy anyone from Little League International to prove that those players lived in any tightly defined geographic area."

The kids from the JRW team should have never been punished for the mistakes of adults. All this "residency crap" should have been handled a long time ago. To take their title away was b.s. I wouldn't accept the title if I were the Vegas team.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...S5J3jnrV-Syjr3Q&bvm=bv.85970519,d.aWw&cad=rja

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Professional baseball sucks enough. I care about Little League like I care about bunyons

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
"not sure where this goes"

Gee, maybe the bar and definitely not the Bears forum?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
if people want me to take civic pride in chicago, how about things like not doing a major construction project in our neighborhood in the dead of winter, only ensuring future contracts in summer, and then repaving (for the 6th time in 2 years) in summer?

How about plowing alleys which are public thoroughfares as much as streets after a blizzard?

How about doing away with the city sticker?

How about not leasing our parking meters and all attendant revenue to a private, predatory lender for 75 years in a desperate bid to get the Olympics?

How about cross-north-side CTA service?

How about fielding a competent Bears team?

Etc.