Im Happy with off season so far.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
This year looks a lol bit different as far as freeagent moves and draft picks. Seems like Pace was more measured and wasnt trying to " be the smartest man on the room" with odd longshot picks. Also think the Oline is in better shape than what we think. If we get rid of that ridiculous blocking scheme from last year the pieces we have will be fine. Id be stoked for a premiere SS but I think Bush is going to suprise us and ball out. He will develop into a enforcer and solid tackler in the box. Also with the added CB depth I think the D is top 3. In my opinion Cole Kmet is the golden ticket. If he stays healthy we cold have an absolute gem at TE. He plays hard and also has some finesse to his game. He will be a matchup nightmare wether it's blocking a LB or a having a safety trying cover him or tackle him. I see a little Gronk in him. Also think Montgomery will be used a bit more which will open tha play action, which in turn will open the middle of the field for Kmet and our slot Wrs. As far as our WR room i thonk wr are solid, Ridley and Mims will compliment Robinson nicely. The wildcard is QB, hopefully Foles can stay upright and healthy. I expect a solid 10 win season and playoffs. If not we might be blowing the whole thing up in 21.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
You described him well for day 1 and day 2 but he certainly went smartest man in the room on day 3.

Liked Posts:
This year looks a lol bit different as far as freeagent moves and draft picks. Seems like Pace was more measured and wasnt trying to " be the smartest man on the room" with odd longshot picks. Also think the Oline is in better shape than what we think. If we get rid of that ridiculous blocking scheme from last year the pieces we have will be fine. Id be stoked for a premiere SS but I think Bush is going to suprise us and ball out. He will develop into a enforcer and solid tackler in the box. Also with the added CB depth I think the D is top 3. In my opinion Cole Kmet is the golden ticket. If he stays healthy we cold have an absolute gem at TE. He plays hard and also has some finesse to his game. He will be a matchup nightmare wether it's blocking a LB or a having a safety trying cover him or tackle him. I see a little Gronk in him. Also think Montgomery will be used a bit more which will open tha play action, which in turn will open the middle of the field for Kmet and our slot Wrs. As far as our WR room i thonk wr are solid, Ridley and Mims will compliment Robinson nicely. The wildcard is QB, hopefully Foles can stay upright and healthy. I expect a solid 10 win season and playoffs. If not we might be blowing the whole thing up in 21.
I see alot of people trying to draw up the Gronk comparisons with Kmet. Gronk is arguably the best TE of our generation

Honestly Id save myself the disappointment and tamper that expectation a bit.

Kmet is still a damn good pick, but I think a comparison more along the lines of Heath Miller before his knee injury would be a more relistic ceiling, and a fine level of talent to plug into the offense.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I think Gronk is a good comparison. More style, over production. He plays like him, physical, with athleticism. Not saying he will have his #s but definilty plays that style of ball.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
The day 3 choices are crap shoots anyway. But again Id have to disagree with the assumption the day 3 picks were bad. Gibson has the "measurables" with his size , and behind Mack and Quinn could be a great resigning in 3yrs. The CB is depth and the two O linemen are camp bodies that could turn into swing/backups by the next contract also. Not terrible picks, but definitely not splash.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
We have been busy this off season. Never thought we could get a Quinn or did I have any high expectations of any top FA's. Draft is solid. I think the whole thing comes down to coaching and run game now.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm trying hard not to HATE this offseason, because I know part of it is my bias because the Bears didn't do anything near what I wanted them to do. And I think what I "would have done" isn't unreasonable.

But the Bears went into this offseason needing to revamp the OL as best as they could to get the run game going and make things easier for whoever the QB was going to be.

But instead the Bears seemingly are putting the blame on Heistand and Trubisky and going with the status quo by adding just a bunch of warm bodies to the OL and spending too many resources on the TE position.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I'm trying hard not to HATE this offseason, because I know part of it is my bias because the Bears didn't do anything near what I wanted them to do. And I think what I "would have done" isn't unreasonable.

But the Bears went into this offseason needing to revamp the OL as best as they could to get the run game going and make things easier for whoever the QB was going to be.

But instead the Bears seemingly are putting the blame on Heistand and Trubisky and going with the status quo by adding just a bunch of warm bodies to the OL and spending too many resources on the TE position.
I think they wanted linemen but went BPA instead. I hear the rankings for linemen were bad value when we picked. We filled holes with good talents. It's not what I expected.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Going for Graham rather than a legit starting OL didn't make sense to me at all.

Pace just said yesterday that he expects Castillo to basically fix the OL by himself. Not a fan.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think they wanted linemen but went BPA instead. I hear the rankings for linemen were bad value when we picked. We filled holes with good talents. It's not what I expected.

Not even talking about the draft necessarily. I probably wouldn't have picked OL in the 2nd round either based on the board when the Bears picked in the 2nd. Of course, I would have spent money on a RG in free agency so I wouldn't have put myself in that position to need a lineman in the draft.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Definitely thought the Jimmy Gramm signing was a head scratcher. Not necessarily cause of him but for the contract. I understand why, just think the why is a few yrs past what he is able to do. In the same breath, he's durable and has the potential to thrive in an offense that is built for his style of TE play. It's a gamble I would have spent on someone younger. Maybey they brought him in knowing they were going to grab a TE all along, would be a great mentor to an up and coming Rook.