1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thread sux

hqdefault.jpg

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
He isn't going anywhere. No way Pace let's him go. That being said, I wish we could move on and stop talking about this guy so we can get back to talking about Kevin White.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
If I was Goldman, I'm not sure I'd want to sign an extension. I think he could make far more cash via FA and have some team choices. I'd bet he'd get lots of looks.

I hope you're wrong. I would hate to see one the only two good picks from Paces first draft class allowed to just walk in FA. Seems like the Bears will give early round prospects they draft, every chance to get it. When a prospect like Goldman does get it, if this FO were to just let him walk after the Bears coached him up for 3 years, then I would not care for FO philosophy or direction of draft - develop - let walk for a kid that pans out like Goldman has.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I hope you're wrong. I would hate to see one the only two good picks from Paces first draft class allowed to just walk in FA. Seems like the Bears will give early round prospects they draft, every chance to get it. When a prospect like Goldman does get it, if this FO were to just let him walk after the Bears coached him up for 3 years, then I would not care for FO philosophy or direction of draft - develop - let walk for a kid that pans out like Goldman has.

The thing is, would he be worth being paid the average of the top 10 in his position if they tagged him? I don't see him being offered "tag" type money but who knows. To me, unless a guy really loves the situation and the money is more than expected, why take an extension versus seeing what FA holds? He could always come back to the Bears offer if nothing wows him. It would be terrible if the Bears lost him. They should have tried to extend him towards the end of last season but perhaps they did.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The thing is, would he be worth being paid the average of the top 10 in his position if they tagged him? I don't see him being offered "tag" type money but who knows. To me, unless a guy really loves the situation and the money is more than expected, why take an extension versus seeing what FA holds? He could always come back to the Bears offer if nothing wows him. It would be terrible if the Bears lost him. They should have tried to extend him towards the end of last season but perhaps they did.

? Players on rookie contracts can't be extended prior to having accrued 3 seasons of play...