In 6 minutes, Mahomes...

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I seriously doubt Mahomes or Watson look good with what Chicago had last year either.

Hopefully Nagy is good with QB’s and this changes but Mahomes and Watson were put in much more advantageous situations. I don’t know how good O’Brien is overall but he can coach quarterbacks. same with Reid. He makes every QB he’s ever had look good.

With all that said Mahomes looks really good. It’s obviously not all Reid and the system.

And as mentioned in another thread what’s up with all the whining about the offense going conservative? They lost because the defense blew a big lead late. Chicago should have gone conservative. A defense would have to absolutely fall apart for the other team to have any chance. That’s what happened. I don’t blame the offense for that. It’s such an after the fact results oriented way to look at things. The same people that whine about the offense going conservative are the same exact people that would whine when the Bears blow a late comfortable lead because Mitch threw an interception not playing conservative. I can see it now “WE’RE UP 14 IN THE FOURTH QUARTER. WHY ARE YOU THROWING THE BALL???? WE HAVE JORDAN HOWARD!!!! I DOMT CARE IF YOU RUN IT 30 TIMES IN A ROW!!” These are the same people that then get mad when they try and pass it on the 4th and 1. “WE HAVE JORDAN HOWARD. JUST RUN THE BALL!!!” Everything is after the fact and there’s no consistency with what they want.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
You’re exactly right. I wrote about myself being one of these people. I was somehow pissed early on in second half because I thought they went conservative, which they did to certain extent but not compared to the old regime.

I completely forgot about running on every first and second down and that we wouldn’t have had any third and short downs.

I was completely caught up into the fact that we should have wiped the field with the packers and completely forgot how absolutely pathetic the last few years except for that ONE cool play for a two point conversion I believe it was.

I was wrong and you are right. Could you imagine the board if they would have run it and it failed??? People’s heads would be falling off!

Good point and post!

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
If only Mitch blew a 20 point lead to a SB contender on the road. I wonder if this board would give him a pass like they are with Patrick Mahomes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMAO. Blaming that blown lead on Mahomes is ignorant. As a KC fan, this defense is a flaming pile of shit. Mahomes was out there toe to toe with Big Ben IN Pittsburgh.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Stop picking on Mahomes!

He's trying to get by with such pedestrian offensive contributors as Travis Kelce, Sammy Watkins, Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt, in Andy Reid's offense.

Certainly explains why fans here would compare his situation to that of Trubisky last year with Bellamy and John Fox.

Mahomes went into Denver week 17 last year and beat Von Miller's defense when he was playing with backups and third string players. Mahomes made Albert Wilson into an $8 million dollar receiver.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Mahomes seems to have his primary read wide open every play. The kid is nailing those throws but Reid is calling a spectacular game.

That couldn't be further from the truth. On one of the Kelce TDs, he looked off the safety and threw a dime. His TD scramble throw to Robinson wasn't first read.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Good luck to Trubisky guys. Wasn't fan of his because he looked Alex Smith-ish to me. As a KC fan, that's gross. But Nagy is my guy so I hope he helps develop his QB. They've supplied him with a really good offense and weapons.

As for Mahomes, he literally checks every box.

Touch, timing and anticipation
Pocket presence and poise is spectacular for a now 23 year old
His ability to improvise like the TD to Robinson is like Rodgers, Favre, Big Ben, etc.
His ball placement on throws have been really good (the FB wheel route TD in LA)
High football IQ
Arm talent is elite
His moxy and confidence is great for a QB to have

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Mahomes was overdrated...No way he should have gone before Watson. I'm sticking to it.

Mahomes has a gunslinger mentality, so while things have gone well for now, just wait until the bullets start hitting. I want to see how he responds after teams get more tape of him and get him rattled. I always held the thought that he threw INTs in droves...one after the other.

Time and time again, there are plenty of guys do well with the adrenaline running and eager to make a statement when they get their initial opportunity. But, It's consistency and high performances week after week that many struggle with, especially QBs...so many flame and because of that it is going to take much more time for me to switch my stance on him

LOL says the Trubisky truther who's QB just threw 2 picks in one half vs a torn down Seattle defense. Mahomes will throw some INTs. Maybe he has some games where he throws 3 or 4. But he gives KC a much higher ceiling than Alex Smith 2.0 to be completely honest

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
So as my final thoughts on this, worry about Trubisky. I think he'll be ok. Whether ok is just good enough to win in Chicago remains to be seen. Great trade for Mack. Built a monster defese. KC has a terrible defense and I am envious.

Yes, you always compare QBs that you passed on. Mine was Watson and I liked Watson but not enough as Mahomes. Watson throws some mind numbing jump ball INTs and INTs in general. Mahomes will do it but he's far more equipped to be an elite QB eventually with his traits. The Bears passed on Mahomes and Watson. So, therefore, you compare the three.

Like in Buffalo right now, they compare Josh Allen to Mahomes, Watson, Rosen because they passed on him. They even compare him to Darnold because they had the ammo to go get him and they chickened out like they did with Big Ben in 2004. Darnold was supposedly their QB1.

Good luck this year guys. Hope Nagy coaches ya'll really well.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I htink Mahomes is always going to be better than Trubs, just look how quickly he reads the field and releases the ball. Mitch just doesn't have that. Mahomes reads the field quickly and releases the ball quickly so he will only get better with more time. Mitch, not so much.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I htink Mahomes is always going to be better than Trubs, just look how quickly he reads the field and releases the ball. Mitch just doesn't have that. Mahomes reads the field quickly and releases the ball quickly so he will only get better with more time. Mitch, not so much.

I'm not gona dismiss Mitch yet. Still early for this whole QB class. I want to see Mitch and Nagy work on two areas. 1) his pocket presence and poise needs polishing. Stop freaking out and feeling phantom pressure. Frustrating for me, I'm not even a Bears fan but root for Nagy, because I watched Alex Smith freak out and panic in the pocket when he had a clean pocket. Take a deep breath Mitch and scan the field. Don't get happy feet. 2) Nagy has got to stay aggressive and keep Trubs in rhythm. I use Alex as another example because Nagy was in KC and that is who Trubisky reminds me of right now. Alex wouldn't stay aggressvie and would go into a shell at times. Stay aggressive and keep Mitch attacking defenses.

Just my two cents

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You’re exactly right. I wrote about myself being one of these people. I was somehow pissed early on in second half because I thought they went conservative, which they did to certain extent but not compared to the old regime.

I completely forgot about running on every first and second down and that we wouldn’t have had any third and short downs.

I was completely caught up into the fact that we should have wiped the field with the packers and completely forgot how absolutely pathetic the last few years except for that ONE cool play for a two point conversion I believe it was.

I was wrong and you are right. Could you imagine the board if they would have run it and it failed??? People’s heads would be falling off!

Good point and post!
If we ran it, we probably wouldn't have failed but this board would have found issue with it anyway.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I actually enjoyed that people were credulously saying that Watson could have been the NFL MVP if only he hadn't torn his ACL. Like, yes, you can totally be the NFL MVP while averaging 2 turnovers per game.

He threw 8 picks in 6 starts. He threw 19 tds and ran in two more himself. If you're talking about averages, that pro rates to 51 passing tds and 5 rushing tds with 21 picks. That's ridiculous. Not that the numbers would have likely pro rated to exactly that, but that's the level he was performing at.

Virtually every analyst in the country had him in the MVP conversation, but I guess Bort from the Bears message board who thinks NFL teams should be offering him jobs because he preferred the dynamic Mitch Trubisky knows better. LOL.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
has more touchdowns than Trubisky has had in any single game in his career. Yay Bears.

He also has a ton more college exp and more NFL exp in the same system.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I'm not gona dismiss Mitch yet. Still early for this whole QB class. I want to see Mitch and Nagy work on two areas. 1) his pocket presence and poise needs polishing. Stop freaking out and feeling phantom pressure. Frustrating for me, I'm not even a Bears fan but root for Nagy, because I watched Alex Smith freak out and panic in the pocket when he had a clean pocket. Take a deep breath Mitch and scan the field. Don't get happy feet. 2) Nagy has got to stay aggressive and keep Trubs in rhythm. I use Alex as another example because Nagy was in KC and that is who Trubisky reminds me of right now. Alex wouldn't stay aggressvie and would go into a shell at times. Stay aggressive and keep Mitch attacking defenses.

Just my two cents

You guys have an excellent player in Mahomes. You can see in some of the Mahomes threads that popped up, I was defending and pointing out his attributes. I watched him torch the Big 12 but he wasn’t anywhere close to the typical Air Raid QB. His arm talent alone separated him from the majority of that group. There aren’t a lot of kids that can roll left or right and hit guys right on the money. There isn’t a throw he can’t make and he is a tough kid too. Being around his father taught him what type of behavior is expected from a pro athlete.

I think Mitch has all the physical attributes to be a damn good QB. He has the work ethic too. I’m going to be patient and give him time. He doesn’t have the overall arm talent that Mahomes possesses but his arm is strong enough. He needs the time to understand the nuances of the offense and have it all be second nature to him. That takes time and reps. Mahomes has had Reid, Nagy and Alex Smith tutoring him and he’s been through two off seasons in the system. He seems to have a great handle on what Reid wants him to see. Good luck!

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
You guys have an excellent player in Mahomes. You can see in some of the Mahomes threads that popped up, I was defending and pointing out his attributes. I watched him torch the Big 12 but he wasn’t anywhere close to the typical Air Raid QB. His arm talent alone separated him from the majority of that group. There aren’t a lot of kids that can roll left or right and hit guys right on the money. There isn’t a throw he can’t make and he is a tough kid too, Being around his father taught him what type of behavior is expected from a pro athlete.

I think Mitch has all the physical attributes to be a damn good QB. He has the work ethic too. I’m going to be patient and give him time. He doesn’t have the overall arm talent that Mahomes possesses but his arm is strong enough. He needs the time to understand the nuances of the offense and have it all be second nature to him. That takes time and reps. Mahomes has had Reid, Nagy and Alex Smith tutoring him and he’s been through two off seasons in the system. He seems to have a great handle on what Reid wants him to see. Good luck!

Thanks man! Here's to a Bears Chiefs Super Bowl in the future. I did understand those who were skeptical of him because of the system and team in college. But all you had to do was watch him to see he wasn't the typical Texas Tech Graham Harrell QB. I also loved that his father was a pro baseball player and Mahomes grew up in profressional locker rooms. He was taught how to be a pro at an early age. He's very mature for his age unlike a guy, let's say, Jameis Winston who is an inmature clown fest. His godfather is LaTroy Hawkins. So, he's had the proper guidance throughout his life. We'll see what Mahomes does against really good defenses in the coming weeks, particularly the Broncos and Jags. I'm confident he'll be ok because after his Denver game last year, Von Miller, Chris Harris Jr., and Aqib Talib raved about Mahomes and the things he did. Not just your typical praise. They NEVER praised Alex Smith. Always called him a system QB.

I think Trubisky can be really good but I hope Nagy grooms him to stay aggressive. I'll say that a lot about him. Use practice to push the envelope and throw picks. That's what practice is about. In training camp, the media made a big deal of Mahomes' INTs in practice. KC fans all scoffed because practice is about pushing your limits. Test the offense and defense.

Bort

Liked Posts:
He threw 8 picks in 6 starts. He threw 19 tds and ran in two more himself. If you're talking about averages, that pro rates to 51 passing tds and 5 rushing tds with 21 picks. That's ridiculous. Not that the numbers would have likely pro rated to exactly that, but that's the level he was performing at.

Virtually every analyst in the country had him in the MVP conversation, but I guess Bort from the Bears message board who thinks NFL teams should be offering him jobs because he preferred the dynamic Mitch Trubisky knows better. LOL.

Not just a job, a GM position with a seven-figure salary. If an NFL team offered me a measly director of college scouting job with a paltry six-figure salary, I would turn it down because it would be beneath me and my uncanny #calledit ability.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Thanks man! Here's to a Bears Chiefs Super Bowl in the future. I did understand those who were skeptical of him because of the system and team in college. But all you had to do was watch him to see he wasn't the typical Texas Tech Graham Harrell QB. I also loved that his father was a pro baseball player and Mahomes grew up in profressional locker rooms. He was taught how to be a pro at an early age. He's very mature for his age unlike a guy, let's say, Jameis Winston who is an inmature clown fest. His godfather is LaTroy Hawkins. So, he's had the proper guidance throughout his life. We'll see what Mahomes does against really good defenses in the coming weeks, particularly the Broncos and Jags. I'm confident he'll be ok because after his Denver game last year, Von Miller, Chris Harris Jr., and Aqib Talib raved about Mahomes and the things he did. Not just your typical praise. They NEVER praised Alex Smith. Always called him a system QB.

I think Trubisky can be really good but I hope Nagy grooms him to stay aggressive. I'll say that a lot about him. Use practice to push the envelope and throw picks. That's what practice is about. In training camp, the media made a big deal of Mahomes' INTs in practice. KC fans all scoffed because practice is about pushing your limits. Test the offense and defense.

I appreciate the intelligent discourse on our QBs. I hope you guys win all your games unless you're playing the beloved.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I appreciate the intelligent discourse on our QBs. I hope you guys win all your games unless you're playing the beloved.

Thanks. Tried to come in with an outsider's point of view, yet tried not to seem like I was trolling. Just being realistic about these guys because I just knew KC was going QB round 1, so I studied these guys extensively.