In other news, at least we aren't the Lions

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Seriously.

For as much as we bitch, at least Lovie Smith and Matt Nagy were coaches of the year for a year, and other than the Trestman debacle, we've at least had professional coaches running the team.

The Lions?

Already their head coach is walking around talking about himself in the third person as a "true alpha", a gimmick that will likely convince no one but himself and given how much he's repeating it maybe not even that.

Being a Bears fan is tough. But just always remember it could be worse. You could be a lions fan...

TecmoSuperbOwl

Liked Posts:
Seriously.

For as much as we bitch, at least Lovie Smith and Matt Nagy were coaches of the year for a year, and other than the Trestman debacle, we've at least had professional coaches running the team.

The Lions?

Already their head coach is walking around talking about himself in the third person as a "true alpha", a gimmick that will likely convince no one but himself and given how much he's repeating it maybe not even that.

Being a Bears fan is tough. But just always remember it could be worse. You could be a lions fan...
Yeah, that's absolutely cringe. Anyone who goes around using terms like "alpha", "sigma", and "beta" in that context (and unironically) are absolute idiot goons.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah. The meathead is over compensating.

Will probably steal Nagys notebook of plays, but we will both still lose.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah, that's absolutely cringe. Anyone who goes around using terms like "alpha", "sigma", and "beta" in that context (and unironically) are absolute idiot goons.
You beta gets out my yerd, fore I sigma dawg on ya or maybe alpha you ass up instead.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
A true alpha doesn't call himself a true alpha.
Dude is a fucking idiot. First he talks about biting kneecaps then he says:

“Here’s what I would say about a true alpha,” Campbell said, via the Detroit Free Press. “A true alpha knows when it’s time to concede for the betterment of the team, and so I would tell you, one way or another, there’s already been a couple of things where it’s like, ‘Ah, maybe we don’t — you see it a little more this way, I see it [this way].’ We haven’t had one problem. And we’re not going to have a problem.”

He basically defined a beta male in animal social hierarchy and called it a "true alpha." Alpha males don't back down, if they do they immediately become the beta or even an outcast. The guy is going to be a joy to watch as the Lions HC.

At least the Bears GM and HC know and describe themselves as betas.

Beta animals are collaborators, often act as second-in-command to the reigning alpha or alphas and will act as new alpha animals if an alpha dies or is otherwise no longer considered an alpha. In some species of birds, males pair up in twos when courting, the beta male aiding the alpha male. It has been found that the social context of the animals has a significant impact on courtship behavior and the overall reproductive success of that animal.

I wonder if Pace and Nagy pair up at the Applebee's bar cruising for gilfs.

TecmoSuperbOwl

Liked Posts:
Dude is a fucking idiot. First he talks about biting kneecaps then he says:

“Here’s what I would say about a true alpha,” Campbell said, via the Detroit Free Press. “A true alpha knows when it’s time to concede for the betterment of the team, and so I would tell you, one way or another, there’s already been a couple of things where it’s like, ‘Ah, maybe we don’t — you see it a little more this way, I see it [this way].’ We haven’t had one problem. And we’re not going to have a problem.”

He basically defined a beta male in animal social hierarchy and called it a "true alpha." Alpha males don't back down, if they do they immediately become the beta or even an outcast. The guy is going to be a joy to watch as the Lions HC.

At least the Bears GM and HC know and describe themselves as betas.

Beta animals are collaborators, often act as second-in-command to the reigning alpha or alphas and will act as new alpha animals if an alpha dies or is otherwise no longer considered an alpha. In some species of birds, males pair up in twos when courting, the beta male aiding the alpha male. It has been found that the social context of the animals has a significant impact on courtship behavior and the overall reproductive success of that animal.

I wonder if Pace and Nagy pair up at the Applebee's bar cruising for gilfs.
My favorite bit of irony is that the study on wolves that popularized these terms has been discredited at this point.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Vic fangio won coach of the year. Nagy just got credited with the award. In reality, we all know who the more valuable coach was.

Nagy is not a professional coach lol....he’s not even cut out to be a good OC. He’s so far over his head it’s mind boggling

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rough offseason. Normally Bears fans aren't saying 'At least we aren't the Lions' until late November.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
He's got very little Timmy Beckman vibe about him

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Vic fangio won coach of the year. Nagy just got credited with the award. In reality, we all know who the more valuable coach was.

Nagy is not a professional coach lol....he’s not even cut out to be a good OC. He’s so far over his head it’s mind boggling
Nagy was a good motivator for a year and now he can’t even do that.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or Vikqueens. Gawd awful contract they gave a mediocre QB.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Dan Cannibal will absolutely improve that team from an average of 4.7 wins a season to an even 5.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It looks sillier than it actually is. Something about this modern era where people obsess over the tiniest fragment of a soundbite, I think its the Twitter.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Nagy was a good motivator for a year and now he can’t even do that.
Nagy is like the manager of the new glitzy restaurant that opens in a small town and everyone can't wait to try it. You go and the vibe is cool, atmosphere is poppin', the owner is gregarious, handing out drinks, dancing with the patrons, you don't even notice that the food is just, meh.
Then the best chef gets a better job, his replacement is Billie Ray from Denny's, the employees get tired of the manager not knowing a thing about restaurants and now he just sitting drunk at a bar stool nightly, blaming the waiters in slurring rants for the bad reviews and empty tables. The financial backers are too chickenshit to fire him, so now you are stuck with an expensive shit sandwich or traveling to another city for seafood, which you don't even like just to get out for a Sunday lunch date.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It looks sillier than it actually is. Something about this modern era where people obsess over the tiniest fragment of a soundbite, I think its the Twitter.
Yeah, I mean how did Vince Lombardi not get ripped for this?

“Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game, and that’s first place...

But more importantly, you’ve got to play with your heart, with every fiber of your body. If you’re lucky enough to find a guy with a lot of head and a lot of heart, he’s never going to come off the field second...

To know the rules and objectives when they get in the game. The object is to win fairly, squarely, by the rules – but to win.

I don’t say these things because I believe in the “brute” nature of man or that men must be brutalized to be combative. I believe in God, and I believe in human decency. But I firmly believe that any man’s finest hour – his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear – is that moment when he has to work his heart out in a good cause and he’s exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.” - Vince Lombardi

I mean it's basically the 1970's version of this:

"We’re gonna kick you in the teeth, and when you punch us back we’re gonna smile at you, and when you knock us down we’re going to get up, and on the way, we’re going to bite a kneecap off," Campbell said Thursday. "We’re going to stand up, and it’s going to take two more shots to knock us down. And on the way up, we’re going to take your other kneecap, and we’re going to get up, and it’s gonna take three shots to get us down. And when we do, we’re gonna take another hunk out of you."