In the Superbowl era Bears rank last in QB production...

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
The Bears haven’t had a QB play in all 16 games in over a decade.

They are the only franchise left w/o a 4K passer. They are also the only franchise left w/o a 30td passer.

Their all-time passer (Cutler) by career years (23,443) is the lowest in the league. Tied for lowest career TDs (154)

etc etc etc
And Mahomes wanted to come here?

mecha

Liked Posts:
the Browns spent more 1st round picks on QBs in a decade than the Bears did lifetime. incidentally, all the shit they threw at the wall didn't stick either. after McNown and Grossman I guess the team decided not to try and draft their own high round QB and grab someone else that had some semblance of success. Cutler for the overall declining Broncos fit the bill, that's why they spent the house to acquire him. and when they had him, they didn't really do him any favors. Trubisky they went for a long shot, it also probably is never going to work out as planned. what's the common denominator in these 4 players, does anyone know?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm a little confused about that one as well. I mean, was Bernie Kozar that much better than Jay Cutler?

How about the Jets? They have been bad at QB forever. I mean, Nameth was pretty much McMahon.
What Buc QB deserves big praise? Trent Dilfer or Brad Anderson?

brad johnson, steve young, doug williams

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It's not the QBs fault. No QB does well unless supported. Jay had 8 OC's in 9 years. McMahon was supported well but always injured. Krammer was good but we got him late in his years. We have never stuck by a QB and let him develop in one system long enough. Each QB has his own story and reason why things did not work out. PS. So you are saying we are due. Odds of a great QB are now in our favor.

It's well documented
jay got numerous coaches fired; coaches who were trying to help and accommodate him

Click here>>>> #30 And Here >> #44 ***

one more...this shows how hard it was to work with jay >> #6

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They haven't even spent many first round picks on QB. I went all the way back to 1950. Seventy years of drafting and this is it.

**Today I learned the Bears drafted Don Meredith in the 3rd round in the 60's. Never knew that. Hank Hill would be proud.

2017 1 Mitchell Trubisky
1999 1 Cade McNown
1987 1 Jim Harbaugh
1982 1 Jim McMahon
1951 1 Bob Williams

Grossman?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I like how we drafted Trubisky after passing on a LT and then drafting floyd 7th overall.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'll take things that don't surprise me for $500, Alex

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Lol what the fuck is Ron Turner talking about with Orton? He could have just shit on Jay which is a pretty safe thing to do as a bears former coach and player with little to no pushback at all but you lose credibility when you start talking about Orton like that.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Lol what the fuck is Ron Turner talking about with Orton? He could have just shit on Jay which is a pretty safe thing to do as a bears former coach and player with little to no pushback at all but you lose credibility when you start talking about Orton like that.

Orton as a rookie didn't do much, but when he got the nod at the end of 2007 I was like "why didn't they play this guy?" and I was a Griese fan. that 2008 team could've gone places if the defense hadn't lost a step under Babich. Jerry Angelo's decline obviously began the previous year, but it started to get progressively worse. I think Olsen, Forte, and Knox were his best picks in the latter years. Orton went to the Broncos and went on a serious tear for a time. I was happy for him but I didn't want McDickface to enjoy any success.

also lol @ Cutler getting coaches fired. seriously fuck off already.

BigBill

Liked Posts:
Part of the problem is QB coach Dave Ragone is incapable of developing QBs. Defilippo's presence should help but unfortunately Defillipo is under Ragone.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
In other related news the sky is blue.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was more than that but the mask didn't help. With the league's goofy drug rules, it was a valid concern. Tunsil was suspended by the NCAA and missed the first seven games of a season for taking money from an agent and he was with Nkemdiche during the Hotel incident.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Correct.

We passed on Tunsil because he smoked pot.

One of the franchises biggest draft blunders and head scratchers.
Not really. Nobody knew the extent of what Tunsil was up to as that sabotage attempt was leaked. It left teams scrambling to find out more with little to no time as the picks were coming off the board. In hindsight, with all the information coming to fruition. I'm sure some teams would go back and select him. But I certainly don't blame them for passing with the draft capital and financial investment on the line.

napo55

Liked Posts:
This is a franchise that did not understand that the game had changed and the passing game is king. Even after the the 1985 Bears, the team wasted a great defense for several years because there was no decent backup to the talented but very injury prone Jim McMahon. The team seemed to think that a good defense and good running game --without a talented QB- would do the trick.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Not really. Nobody knew the extent of what Tunsil was up to as that sabotage attempt was leaked. It left teams scrambling to find out more with little to no time as the picks were coming off the board. In hindsight, with all the information coming to fruition. I'm sure some teams would go back and select him. But I certainly don't blame them for passing with the draft capital and financial investment on the line.

Dude. Are you 65 years old? Because only people with that mindset couldn't see thst it wasnt him dealing drugs or smoking crack but him being a huge goofy ass. It cost him public embarrassment and shame for the draft and ruined his image enough.

If you are the bears you just have to be smarter than that. No exceptions.