In this video it appears that David Montgomery is looking a lot faster than he looked in games last season, but without pads on who knows?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he consistently doesn't start very fast off the line, he has a delay before he spins up, and that's why on many occasions he'll get swallowed up behind the Bears offensive line. he needs the 25 carries a game to break 100 yards, which is fine, that implies you're getting more than 4 ypc. this shit where he gets going and they just completely abandon the run is a problem. the 25 carries in itself is just good offensive strategy. unless your quarterback has a super accurate laser rocket arm and your receivers consistently get separation and are so fast they routinely go untouched (which is a total utopian hypothetical, before anyone gets mad at how unrealistic the scenario is), throwing 40-50 times a game is not a good idea.

thing is, with runners like Mont, they don't start chunking yards until deep the second quarter or later, but you have stick with the 2 and 3 yard carries until then to wear down the DL.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
Nagy “I know we need to run the ball more. I’m not an idiot.” 40044.jpeg

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I can't run as fast as Montgomery but I could beat Jim Jordan in a footrace.

Don't know how many of you were at the draft event when it was in Chicago a few years back but they had a video wall where you can run the 40 against NFL athletes, using video footage from their combine.

It was as comical as you would imagine, but I kid you not there was one kid who looked no older than 10 that flat out took off and had the projection beat by three steps. Whole crowd over there went "whoa!" and applauded him.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Don't know how many of you were at the draft event when it was in Chicago a few years back but they had a video wall where you can run the 40 against NFL athletes, using video footage from their combine.

It was as comical as you would imagine, but I kid you not there was one kid who looked no older than 10 that flat out took off and had the projection beat by three steps. Whole crowd over there went "whoa!" and applauded him.
That was @Grimson 's kid no cap