Intelligent Response Only or don't click on this

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we had drafted a QB high or middle since 2011 we would have just turned to them and ruined their value with our shit systems that were doomed. The Cutler mess would be deeper and he would be gone.

I'm fine with the way it is, Cutler gets a proven regime for one last hurrah, and then we move on. The schedule and lack of defensive talent may sink the ship no matter how good Cutler is this year, so we may not even get that evaluation right, have nobody yet to move on to with talent, and will be picking a QB at the top of the first round next year. Lets hope they are good.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I distinctly remember having these conversations about drafting QBs a couple of years ago, like after the 2012 season. The Cutler supporters at that time said it's a waste of time drafting a QB at 19 or 20 because the best ones will be gone and getting a starter that late is unlikely. Now it's that a high pick is too risky and the round you use to draft them is a crap shoot because Bart Starr was a late pick lol.

I'm starting to think that they just don't want a new QB.

C'mon mick...the draft is too much of a crapshoot!

I mean...what happens if he's not as good as a 10 year vet in his rookie year?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh btw Mick because I love you I decided to do extensive research on the Packers draft history of QB's since they drafted Rodgers and I'll even highlight the ones that were drafted before the fifth round because it matters to you

2006-Ingle Martin
2008-Brian Brohm,Matt Flynn
2012-Bj Coleman

Now as a courtesy I decided to included the Bears draft picks since we traded for Cutler

2010-Dan Lefvour
2011-Nate Enderle
2014 David Fales

So yeah I see your point. Damn the Bears for not drafting one more so they would be tied with the Packers and damn them for not drafting one higher than the fifth round as the Packers did it one fucking time

Mitchapalooza

I remember the cbmb exploding for not drafting Brohm loool. Wtf happened to that guy

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've said it in the past...if the Bears can't replace average...then they have bigger issues. At this point there is no point in holding onto Cutler other than the fact they are handcuffed with his contract.

They should be able to replace average look at this quote when referring to as such
LOL that's pretty much everybody.

Everyone! Why isn't Dan starting?!

C'mon mick...the draft is too much of a crapshoot!

I mean...what happens if he's not as good as a 10 year vet in his rookie year?

Would you like a white horse with all that knighting? David Fales is still here so maybe he can do it? Hell all we need is better than average and according to the damsel you are knighting
LOL that's pretty much everybody.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I remember the cbmb exploding for not drafting Brohm loool. Wtf happened to that guy

He sucked. Got cut a year after the Pack drafted him, went to Bills then the CFL

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Despite everyone saying they want a new QB? Im just saying that your stupid notion of anyone would be better than Cutler is ridiculous. YOU are the one who said they haven't been trying because they aren't drafting a QB in a round YOU want them to
It's a fact that they haven't drafted a QB higher then round 5 since the Ryle Ortman days. That isn't trying to get a QB. If you're trying to draft a starter you don't go a decade without picking one before the fifth round LOL.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh btw Mick because I love you I decided to do extensive research on the Packers draft history of QB's since they drafted Rodgers and I'll even highlight the ones that were drafted before the fifth round because it matters to you

2006-Ingle Martin
2008-Brian Brohm,Matt Flynn
2012-Bj Coleman

You forgot Hundley this year, who although didn't go until the fifth was a projected second rounder for most of the draft build up. And you also forgot the larger point, which is that they draft QBs more then the Bears even though they're always set at the position. We suck at it and still don't seem to care about getting anyone better.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You forgot Hundley this year, who although didn't go until the fifth was a projected second rounder forthet of the draft build up. And you also forgot the larger point, which is that they draft QBs more then the Bears even though they're always set at the position. We suck at it and still don't seem to care about getting anyone better.

Ahh so i did forget one. So now they drafted two more QB's than us and one was even PROJECTED to be a second rounder and since they havent drafted anyone higher than the fifth it doesnt count because we all know starting QB's have to be fourth or higher. How about this we right a note to Pace demanding the Bears draft two QB's fourth or higher so not only do we match the Packers large gap of drafting QB's but it can also go by your standards of getting a starting QB. I feel that us getting a QB in the fifth should not only satisfy onebud appetite of getting at least averagr but yours as well since "everyone" according to you is better

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ahh so i did forget one. So now they drafted two more QB's than us and one was even PROJECTED to be a second rounder and since they havent drafted anyone higher than the fifth it doesnt count because we all know starting QB's have to be fourth or higher. How about this we right a note to Pace demanding the Bears draft two QB's fourth or higher so not only do we match the Packers large gap of drafting QB's but it can also go by your standards of getting a starting QB. I feel that us getting a QB in the fifth should not only satisfy onebud appetite of getting at least averagr but yours as well since "everyone" according to you is better

I don't want a 5th round mediocre bum whose only asset is that he's as good as Cutler. That really isn't saying much.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They haven't found one because they haven't drafted one. The packers have been loaded with hall of famers at QB for the last two decades and they still draft them, but we don't. It's bizarre. While team after team are going out and getting them, the Bears stick with Cutler year after year with the same results. He's the laughing stock of the league. It's pathetic.

.:aj:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I'm assuming you're trying to come across like a dumbass on purpose? I think pretty much everyone other than you was able to determine what I meant - that they've had constant HOF players at the position for the last two decades, and have still drafted QBs despite not being in need of one, like the Bears are.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't want a 5th round mediocre bum whose only asset is that he's as good as Cutler. That really isn't saying much.

So not everyone like you said before?

meangreek

Liked Posts:

YEAH.... Who, What and When have the Bears ever been able to develop a QB?