Interesting Listening

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
A questionable source reporting on a questionable source. Great article. :smug2:
And what writer is reliable to you? Andrew Miller or that Vincent guy on other web sites? It was someone who had a different take.

2Deep

Liked Posts:
I wish Mitch the best. He's a good guy who has worked hard. For whatever reason, some of it on him, some of it on coaches, some on organization it did not work in chicago the way it was imagined.

I hope he goes somewhere and finds the right coach, system, and he/himself figures it out.

No grudges, no hate....sometimes its just best to move on ......

In the meantime I will keep hoping my favorite football team gets the QB position right .

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And what writer is reliable to you? Andrew Miller or that Vincent guy on other web sites? It was someone who had a different take.
I mean it's Sports Mockery and it even says in the article the source is questionable. It's all good lol

mecha

Liked Posts:
Stopped reading there. While true, its a completely meaningless statistic. Houston wins because of Watson. Chicago wins in spite of MItch.

Watch football. Thanks.

the Bears defense was shitty too. I'll escalate matters. while it took like an illogical 4 draft pick trade to move up one spot for Pace to "get his guy", the defense has like 3/4 of the team's salary budget allocated to it and they still ate fat little elephant dicks.

one of these problems will persist. will it improve?

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
The narrative on Trubisky in Chicago is insane - if you read people thoughts on here you would think he was the worst QB to ever play the game. Yet same number of wins in less games than Watson. But of course Mitch never wins a game, D wins his wins and when there is a Bears loss it's never on the D, or anyone else, it's 100% on Mitch ?

I doubt that will ever change, so he'll go somewhere for free, they'll build a system to his strengths - because that's what you do for your franchise QB and he'll likely be successful, probably very successful. The Bears meanwhile will give up multiple picks and key players for someone who will probably be no better, and maybe, with the limited resources around them, possibly worse.

Likely the same people who hate on him now will blame George or Virginia or sweaty Teddy for letting him go!! It's the Bears way!!! :beer:

I'm with this.

Now, part of it was sheer 20/20 hindsight. Trubisky was the #2 overall pick, and the Bears traded up for him. That came with much higher expectations than, say, him being a 4th-round pick.

Then again, when we had a 4th-round steal, he wasn't appreciated either, and was traded with two first-round picks for a guy who was a long-term hit to Da Bears...

Mahomes was picked later, and turned into this cheat code QB.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
I wish Mitch the best. He's a good guy who has worked hard. For whatever reason, some of it on him, some of it on coaches, some on organization it did not work in chicago the way it was imagined.

I hope he goes somewhere and finds the right coach, system, and he/himself figures it out.

No grudges, no hate....sometimes its just best to move on ......

In the meantime I will keep hoping my favorite football team gets the QB position right .

Most of it belongs on the coaches and organization, IMO. Pace created super-high expectations by not only picking him #2 overall, but by trading up for that pick. Some of it is on him for the inconsistency, but most goes to the coaches and organization.

I'd happily have kept him. He was not a bad QB, and could have been someone to manage the games with plenty of weapons. They seem to finally have found something that was working more often than not with Mitch, and the smart thing to do was to get a two-year deal similar to Foles to see if it couldn't be made to work better with some better OTs, and some additional tools/youth in the offensive skill positions.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
the Bears defense was shitty too. I'll escalate matters. while it took like an illogical 4 draft pick trade to move up one spot for Pace to "get his guy", the defense has like 3/4 of the team's salary budget allocated to it and they still ate fat little elephant dicks.

one of these problems will persist. will it improve?
They regressed and had some shitty games but they were still in the upper half of the league. Just because they don't live up to their salaries or live up to expectations, doesn't mean they're terrible or even remotely similar to HOU's bottom of the league D.

All i know is that the Bears have never had a QB anywhere near the level of Watson. Give me him with limited cap space and picks(for now) with the opportunity to build a future. Finding a QB is hard enough as is. Finding one this good seems to be impossible for the Bears. Give me an upper tier player at the most important position in sports and then let me figure out the rest. Watsons OL, pass catchers and defense in HOU all overall worse than CHI.

mecha

Liked Posts:
They regressed and had some shitty games but they were still in the upper half of the league. Just because they don't live up to their salaries or live up to expectations, doesn't mean they're terrible or even remotely similar to HOU's bottom of the league D.

All i know is that the Bears have never had a QB anywhere near the level of Watson. Give me him with limited cap space and picks(for now) with the opportunity to build a future. Finding a QB is hard enough as is. Finding one this good seems to be impossible for the Bears. Give me an upper tier player at the most important position in sports and then let me figure out the rest. Watsons OL, pass catchers and defense in HOU all overall worse than CHI.

this is the Bears. this team could fuck up a 2 car funeral, and you know I'm right lol. that's my main issue with trading their souls to get Watson.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
this is the Bears. this team could fuck up a 2 car funeral, and you know I'm right lol. that's my main issue with trading their souls to get Watson.
lol fair enough. Can't say i disagree with you but i'd like to see the attempt. We know this organization is poisoned at an executive level. The results speak for themselves. That shit-show of a presser a few weeks back showed us all that its worse than any of us even knew. IMO their only hope is lucking into a QB in the draft or trading for Watson. My favorite show is the Chicago Bears and i'm just tired of reruns. I know how the building through the trenches and/or defense episodes end.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Exactly. Here are their rankings according to FO's DVOA, which to me is a helluva lot better than going by just yards allowed.

Bears: 2018 - 1st
2019 - 10th
2020 - 8th

Texans: 2018 - 5th
2019 - 22nd
2020 - 30th

Over that 3 year span the Texans were a HELLUVA lot shittier on D than the Bears.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Can you imagine the shit show this forum will become if he plays great somewhere else? There`ll be a long trail of dicks ripping off:LOL::LOL:
Unless you speak of younger generations yet to be scorned by Bears, there are no dicks left to be ripped. Pretty sure everyone here lost their dinks many moons ago.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Exactly. Here are their rankings according to FO's DVOA, which to me is a helluva lot better than going by just yards allowed.

Bears: 2018 - 1st
2019 - 10th
2020 - 8th

Texans: 2018 - 5th
2019 - 22nd
2020 - 30th

Over that 3 year span the Texans were a HELLUVA lot shittier on D than the Bears.
Right. IMO what makes it even worse is that the Texans at least had competent offense to help out. At one point this season i remember reading that the Bears ODVOA and DDVOA had a greater gap than any team in a very long time. People dont understand how hard it is to play great defense when you're a one unit team. The Bears had no running game. No passing game.

Id love to know what they would have looked like the past 3 years with consistent offensive yards and points production. Its not rocket surgery why every season they regress as the season wears on.

mecha

Liked Posts:
like, Jay Cutler for all intents and purposes was the most complete quarterback the Bears could get in 2009 and they ruined him with inferior undersized un-physical receivers that either got raped by DBs every play or in the case of Knox would slip and fall and get passes intercepted. then inferior offensive linemen got the fuck beaten out of him for awhile until his durability was shot and he spent half seasons injured. and then by virtue of business and how things work in the NFL he had a new offense every year, a trend that existed outside the Lovie Smith bubble and arguably became worse. (or as run and shoot cites, he got all those offensive coordinators fired, which is bullshit that anyone with a sense of logic could figure out)

match that with a dickhead GM and a lot of money went to a guy that didn't win anything because either a) the offense was the drizzle shits or b) the defense was epic level once in 5 lifetimes level drizzle shits.

now I'm not comparing Cutler to Watson, because there is a vast discernible difference between their performances, I'm talking about the pieces that surround them. you have a maniac head coach that literally abandons anything successful on offense, player development that's non-existent with the receivers, and receivers that get over-emotional and start throwing punches at people getting ejected/suspended for their actions because the player's head coach isn't exercising any semblance of discipline on his team. BE YOU, he says. all the things about running getting abandoned and tight ends vanishing from the field in the red zone has been discussed ad nauseum too. I'm not really dispelling anything new here, just making it a point of emphasis that blowing your draft load through 2023 or 2024 to get a guy that's going to get nerfed like the last guy isn't the way it should be.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Unless you speak of younger generations yet to be scorned by Bears, there are no dicks left to be ripped. Pretty sure everyone here lost their dinks many moons ago.
People are spending thousands of dollars to transition when they could just become Bears fans.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
like, Jay Cutler for all intents and purposes was the most complete quarterback the Bears could get in 2009 and they ruined him with inferior undersized un-physical receivers that either got raped by DBs every play or in the case of Knox would slip and fall and get passes intercepted. then inferior offensive linemen got the fuck beaten out of him for awhile until his durability was shot and he spent half seasons injured. and then by virtue of business and how things work in the NFL he had a new offense every year, a trend that existed outside the Lovie Smith bubble and arguably became worse. (or as run and shoot cites, he got all those offensive coordinators fired, which is bullshit that anyone with a sense of logic could figure out)

match that with a dickhead GM and a lot of money went to a guy that didn't win anything because either a) the offense was the drizzle shits or b) the defense was epic level once in 5 lifetimes level drizzle shits.

now I'm not comparing Cutler to Watson, because there is a vast discernible difference between their performances, I'm talking about the pieces that surround them. you have a maniac head coach that literally abandons anything successful on offense, player development that's non-existent with the receivers, and receivers that get over-emotional and start throwing punches at people getting ejected/suspended for their actions because the player's head coach isn't exercising any semblance of discipline on his team. BE YOU, he says. all the things about running getting abandoned and tight ends vanishing from the field in the red zone has been discussed ad nauseum too. I'm not really dispelling anything new here, just making it a point of emphasis that blowing your draft load through 2023 or 2024 to get a guy that's going to get nerfed like the last guy isn't the way it should be.
Did they ruin him though? He was a one year wonder in DEN with an incredible OL and still choked when it mattered. While i do think that DEN team was far more better suited to help QBs than the Bears were, I don't think Cutler was that good to begin with. He always had major footwork issues and his decision making was awful. Worst than all of it, he didn't care. I know its a meme and it sounds meatball-y but he really didn't. He tossed a lot of winnable games away and very early.

With that said, the best QB play i've seen form a Bears QB was Cutler before he broke his thumb in 2011. The stats werent there but he had absolutely nothing to work with skill position and OL wise and he carried them through that 6 game winning streak. That team was the ultimate bears "what if" squad, imo.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Did they ruin him though? He was a one year wonder in DEN with an incredible OL and still choked when it mattered. While i do think that DEN team was far more better suited to help QBs than the Bears were, I don't think Cutler was that good to begin with. He always had major footwork issues and his decision making was awful. Worst than all of it, he didn't care. I know its a meme and it sounds meatball-y but he really didn't. He tossed a lot of winnable games away and very early.

With that said, the best QB play i've seen form a Bears QB was Cutler before he broke his thumb in 2011. The stats werent there but he had absolutely nothing to work with skill position and OL wise and he carried them through that 6 game winning streak. That team was the ultimate bears "what if" squad, imo.

great physical specimen, too raw. he didn't fit Lovie Smith's circle jerk offense. I personally thought they worked well enough with Orton. the defense just took a plunge when Rivera left and Babich took over. didn't catch steam again until Marinelli was in charge.

to answer your question, I don't know, I just don't see any quarterback succeeding under the parameters he had to work under. just owes to the point I've been trying to make for years that the Bears are a jackoff franchise not in it to win, but to exclusively make money. they have no pride. they're just a corporate entity. they're like making the next Call of Duty, not a masterpiece like Donkey Kong Country.

(children residents of CCS that are tribar's age won't understand)

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
great physical specimen, too raw. he didn't fit Lovie Smith's circle jerk offense. I personally thought they worked well enough with Orton. the defense just took a plunge when Rivera left and Babich took over. didn't catch steam again until Marinelli was in charge.

to answer your question, I don't know, I just don't see any quarterback succeeding under the parameters he had to work under. just owes to the point I've been trying to make for years that the Bears are a jackoff franchise not in it to win, but to exclusively make money. they have no pride. they're just a corporate entity. they're like making the next Call of Duty, not a masterpiece like Donkey Kong Country.

(children residents of CCS that are tribar's age won't understand)
The Marinelli days kind of remind me of the good stretch of offense the Bears had this season. There were a lot of catalysts at the same time to really pinpoint what went right. Signing Peppers was massive but also Urlacher finally got healthy and Marinelli apparently was a massive hire to maximize what they had on the line. Like this season, adding Mitch + improved interior OL + Lazor + garbage competition. Just so much happening at once.

If i remember correctly, it was Lovie who told Martz to cut out the 7 step drop BS and run the ball more, which resulted in the improved but still kind of shitty offense. But yeah, Lovie didn't know how to build an offense. I kind of dug the Orton offense before he got that high ankle sprain against the worst team of all time, the 2008 Detroit Lions. They were still bad by NFL standards. Benson was awful. But Kyle managed well, especially when he started to click with Lloyd.

But yeah, who knows if any QB could succeed here. At the end of the day, none of them have went on to become great somewhere else and they simply dont take enough stabs at it. Pace said he'd draft one every season. Big time bs artist.

and yes, DK Country was fantastic.

mecha

Liked Posts:
lol, Cutler getting concussed and the following game against the Panthers where Forte was like the entire offense.

the game against the Cowboys where Cutler was getting murdered on the 7 step drops, Martz did adjust to like a 3 step drop and then they started gaining traction and won the game. but yeah that 2010 team was all defense. still inexcusable they didn't try to murder the Packers in week 17. they had the opportunity to do it. Lovie Smith should've been eradicated for allowing the Packers into the playoffs.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
still inexcusable they didn't try to murder the Packers in week 17. they had the opportunity to do it. Lovie Smith should've been eradicated for allowing the Packers into the playoffs.
CRIMINAL!

We see what winning does to certain players. Ever since the Packers won that title, Rodgers flipped the switch, became elite and never looked back. Who knows what happens to the Packers/Rodgers if they stuck to their first half gameplan.