Interleague switch-a-roos

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's a thought, spurred in part by this article:

Thanks to a U2 concert, the Marlins will be the home team in Seattle this weekend | HardballTalk

The Marlins will be the "home" team at Safeco this weekend which means that they will be playing National League rules in an American League park. Why not do this for all interleague starting next season just to shake things up a bit?

They could even do this after realignment to give visiting teams more incentive to want to play regular interleague. Plus the fans would get to see something they don't normally get to see.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's a thought, spurred in part by this article:

Thanks to a U2 concert, the Marlins will be the home team in Seattle this weekend | HardballTalk

The Marlins will be the "home" team at Safeco this weekend which means that they will be playing National League rules in an American League park. Why not do this for all interleague starting next season just to shake things up a bit?

They could even do this after realignment to give visiting teams more incentive to want to play regular interleague. Plus the fans would get to see something they don't normally get to see.

I think its a pretty neat idea for the home team crowd to see a different style of baseball.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Awful idea. The NL needs to wake up and stop this nonsense of a 6-7 man lineup

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Awful idea. The NL needs to wake up and stop this nonsense of a 6-7 man lineup

Sorry that NL like to play REAL BASEBALL. Actually have to use there baseball common sense when to pitch hit, take out pitchers, do double switches. AL is just sit back and see how the pitcher can last.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the point is that the NL is at a disadvantage because there is an almost automatic out at the end of the lineup.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree. I just think the DH is half of a baseball player.

Rick

Liked Posts:
I'm torn about the DH situation. I like how its not used in the NL because it can add strategy on how the manager shuffles the lineup around during the game. On the other hand, The people in the stands aren't paying to see Ryan Dempster hit.

So I guess at the end of the day, MLB should just have the DH in both leagues.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
It is way over stated the difficulty in managing in the NL

Having an entire inning not to sweat at all every three innings is not difficult

If the DH is half a player then position players are 2/3 since none of them pitch

Pitchers that bat is absurd. The NL needs to make the change

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why does the NL have to make a change that was only put in place because the AL wasn't as good as the NL? Baseball has been played this way for over a hundred years, and it does add something to the game.

I do agree that both leagues should play with the same rules since they have to play against each other regularly. And I am a realist and realize that the NL adding the DH is way more likely than the AL dropping it. That doesn't mean I have to like it.