Is attitude what holds Anthony Rizzo back?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Read this Rosenbloom article this morning. Very interesting thoughts, and I really like a lot of the points he makes.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ny-rizzo-rosenbloom-20130827,0,5493394.column

The bottom line, from what I gathered from the interview and the article, is that Rizzo seems to have a sense of entitlement. He has to understand that whether he likes it or not, him and Starlin Castro are the leaders of the team. They were paid the big money to anchor the lineup. I can let the fact that they're both young and relatively inexperienced, so the numbers aren't necessarily the issue with me. Not every player is Mike Trout and comes out of the gate a bonafide superstar. It takes time to learn the game and develop. My problem is the mental lapses, the nonchalant attitude, the inability to take ownership of your actions.

Rizzo was playing well out of the two-hole. The move made sense from a baseball standpoint -- get Rizzo more reps. He'll get more pitches to hit batting second, so it gives him a chance to work through his issues. Obviously, he still doesn't understand that you can't put the cart before the horse. The team's success and improvement is paramount. Hopefully, the light will come on. I don't think the improvement in play will be the issue, it's the attitude and mental approach.

What do you guys think?

I never understood why any unproven player feels entitled. With that said, I have no clue if thats whats going on but the 2 hole comments he made were IMO a lack of maturity.