• He is about what I expected. A very good player

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He was a sub par #1 over all draft pick

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Liked Posts:
he's 18 years old and just came off a historic 4 point night

ask me next year

Yes, and very few players can produce a 4 point night, especially one so young. You don't have to wait a year to see he is going to score 50 goals as a rookie. I think fans underestimate his speed and stick handling, Chief. Both traits are excellent. As is his his scoring ability. As they say his hockey IQ is good to. How good I don't know, but he skates swiftly to where the puck will be.

Defensively he never going to be great , and he is not a forceable type of checker.

But this kid can play!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, and very few players can produce a 4 point night, especially one so young. You don't have to wait a year to see he is going to score 50 goals as a rookie. I think fans underestimate his speed and stick handling, Chief. Both traits are excellent. As is his his scoring ability. As they say his hockey IQ is good to. How good I don't know, but he skates swiftly to where the puck will be.

Defensively he never going to be great , and he is not a forceable type of checker.

But this kid can play!

I've never seen this compete level in a physically out matched 18er (see Marchand pinning against boards to realize he doesn't have man strength yet).

Some man childs have had it, like Haaland in soccer, was an imposing dominant 18er. But the will to win is Jordan/Gretsky level.

The skills are savant like. The ice awareness/vision, creativity...you don't see this package in an 18er.

He's the next Neo in the Matrix for sure. He's the evolution.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've never seen this compete level in a physically out matched 18er (see Marchand pinning against boards to realize he doesn't have man strength yet).

Some man childs have had it, like Haaland in soccer, was an imposing dominant 18er. But the will to win is Jordan/Gretsky level.

The skills are savant like. The ice awareness/vision, creativity...you don't see this package in an 18er.

He's the next Neo in the Matrix for sure. He's the evolution.

I know ive said it before but his shot is nothing we've ever seen before. How close he pulls the stick into the body for leverage and then just shoots it wherever he pleases. Dude is gonna be a legend. Can't wait for noon tomorrow.

No goalie can guess or position against it... its fucking incredible.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know ive said it before but his shot is nothing we've ever seen before. How close he pulls the stick into the body for leverage and then just shoots it wherever he pleases. Dude is gonna be a legend. Can't wait for noon tomorrow.

No goalie can guess or position against it... its fucking incredible.
I'll get to watch most of the game before work. Will listen to last of it on radio on my drive.
Rawr!