Is D-Lee Being Shopped...

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

What the hell is shoped?

Anyways..............

I have no doubt the Red Sox called to inquire about Lee but I can't see the Cubs trading him until it's mid-late July and they are for sure out of it. The Cubs season isn't dead(yet), Lee is a great guy, has a no trade, and the Cubs have no one to replace him. Micah is hitting .195 at AAA Iowa...and not sure LaHair is a viable option either to be called up.

yoshiki89

Liked Posts:
I don't think so; the ASB trade speculations are brewing fierce (maybe pretty soon Lee will be part of the LBJ/Coach Cal package, he he) but I think you're right about questions regarding his production...which is getting better, and not really poor enough to cite as basis for a 'bad trade.'

The no-trade clause, he can get around that if he wants to and I don't see him doing that now or even later in the season.

Either way, is this still Lee's last year as a Cub? I think 'definitely.'

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
hes not going anywhere this early. only way he gets traded would be if they are way out of it after ALLSTAR break

Dismagic1

The Cubs need to be completely dismantled and built again through drafts, trades for minor league players, and FA signings.

The team as currently structured cannot win and will not win ever!

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
u do realize this team has won the last 3 years right. im not sayin they going to win world series but they can win

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
He's not going anywhere. The Cubs may suck right now, but the bullpen is coming together, Grabow is no longer GraBlow (well, at least the last few days anyway), they have one of the best offenses in the NL (well... when there's nobody on base, but statistically I'm right), their two "best" players are the two starters NOT hitting above .300 this season, and right now, the starting pitching hasn't been too great, but you gottabelieve Lilly, Wells, and Dempster will start pitching well again (Dempst is pitching well except for one pitch every game).

STL is slumping, Pittsburgh sucks regardless of their performance against us this season, and I'm not sold on Cincy, they were in contention the whole first half last year too, and we are ahead of Milwaukee and Houston.

yoshiki89

Liked Posts:
u do realize this team has won the last 3 years right. im not sayin they going to win world series but they can win

what did they win the last 3 years?

For starters: NL central in 2007, 2008, and finishing over .500 last 3 years, that's better than most MLB teams. Best collective (and consistent) showing in decades.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZAN

Liked Posts:
You bet your ass he is being shopped. He's 35 and on the last year of his contract. The Cubs are praying for a playoff contending team that:

1. Has a liability (either offensively or defensively) at 1B
2. Has pitching prospects
3. Has SS/2B prospects

Dismagic1

For starters: NL central in 2007, 2008, and finishing over .500 last 3 years, that's better than most MLB teams. Best collective (and consistent) showing in decades.

:beer:

1) Since when is just barely finishing over .500 winning anything? That means less than nothing.

2) 2007 and 2008.. didn't they get swept in the first round of the playoffs both years? You call that a successful season. Are you kidding me?

yoshiki89

Liked Posts:
For starters: NL central in 2007, 2008, and finishing over .500 last 3 years, that's better than most MLB teams. Best collective (and consistent) show

1) Since when is just barely finishing over .500 winning anything? That means less than nothing.

2) 2007 and 2008.. didn't they get swept in the first round of the playoffs both years? You call that a successful season. Are you kidding me?

Nope.

1) "Winning" season (as it was brought up a few posts ago) means finishing with more wins than losses.
2) They won the NL central, not the NL pennant.

Are you a Mets fan or something?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The only way he's traded is at the deadline. He's in the final year of a contract, so a team that is in contention will ask about him...

This is what we call a rental player.

Dismagic1

Nope.

1) "Winning" season (as it was brought up a few posts ago) means finishing with more wins than losses.
2) They won the NL central, not the NL pennant.

Are you a Mets fan or something?

I'm a Cubs fan. Just trying to figure out why you're okay with mediocrity? :slap:

1) They won nothing.
2) They won nothing. Division Titles and getting swept in the first round of the playoffs are worthless.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would call 2007 a successful season to an extent. They came out of no-where to win that division. Now, the playoffs weren't successful. 2008 in no way shape or form can be called a successful season. It was a collapse, or a choke. Best record in the NL, and swept.

Dismagic1

I would call 2007 a successful season to an extent. They came out of no-where to win that division. Now, the playoffs weren't successful. 2008 in no way shape or form can be called a successful season. It was a collapse, or a choke. Best record in the NL, and swept.

Exactly, I had so much fun during 2007 and 2008 watching the teams. But the seasons ended up being failures. They were embarrassed in the playoffs, embarrassed!!!!

Division Titles mean nothing.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly, I had so much fun during 2007 and 2008 watching the teams. But the seasons ended up being failures. They were embarrassed in the playoffs, embarrassed!!!!

Division Titles mean nothing.

That's where I can agree and disagree.

After the 2007 season, did you consider it a good year or a bad year for the Cubs?

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
You bet your ass he is being shopped. He's 35 and on the last year of his contract. The Cubs are praying for a playoff contending team that:

1. Has a liability (either offensively or defensively) at 1B
2. Has pitching prospects
3. Has SS/2B prospects

I'ma miss him. D. Lee was my favorite Cubbie.

Dismagic1

That's where I can agree and disagree.

After the 2007 season, did you consider it a good year or a bad year for the Cubs?

After the regular season, I was pleased. But getting swept and getting swept badly left a sour taste in my mouth. Also, the NL Central that year was pathetic. In the end I have to call it a failure.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
I doubt that. The Cubs are pretty deep as far as middle infield prospects go. I'd say they are most likely looking for corner infielder prospect(s).

They have exactly 2 1B/3B prospect that are highly touted (Josh Vitters and Darwin Barney).
They have 1 2B/SS prospect that's elite (Starlin Castro)

The other MI prospect is Hak-Ju Lee and he still has a lot to do with the bat before he can be promoted. He's MLB-ready with the glove and wheels, though. He's solid, but not dependable at this point (10 stolen bags, but only 9 RBI)

Brett Jackson and Tyler Colvin are our OF prospects. Most of our best hitting prospects (Wright, Campana, Camp, etc...) are all OFs. We don't need much help there.

Our pitching is pretty thin. We have Chris Carpenter, who is getting beat around early in the minors. Jay Jackson isn't bad. Cashner is on the fast track to the majors. Most likely will be in the starting rotation before the year is over. Could easily be a stop gap to Marmol if we decide to circulate Zambrano back into the rotation. But we can't live off of three prospect pitchers. While Diamond and Bibens-Dirkx look good early on, they aren't really on a destined track to the Majors, either.