Is Derrick Rose a Superstar?

Liked Posts:
Superstars have been to the Finals.

This is why I will at least say he has what it TAKES to become a superstar.

He showed us all he can carry a team to the promised land (in college). When I see this kid play he gives me confidence in seeing another banner going up in the United Center. But no more than 1.

Derrick Rose is arguably the best PG in the NBA, an all-star, is one of the top scorers in the NBA and an MVP Candidate, there is no way that he isn't a super star.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
if he can improve on this free-throw attempts and his defense a little bit more, he would become a superstar. He is borderline right now.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
if he can improve on this free-throw attempts and his defense a little bit more, he would become a superstar. He is borderline right now.

Rose doesn't need to improve his game anymore to be a superstar. He is in a huge market with global appeal and he is top 10 in the league right now. Notoriety is hard to gauge. He has people pumping millions out there. There are tiers to superstardom. He is not on level with Kobe or Lebron. But I think to say he is an NBA superstar is not far fetched at all, maybe he is borderline, but he is mighty close, close enough to fool me...

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
There are too many ambiguities in this topic. are we talking about talent or notoriety? Anytime just made a comment about talent. Hou responded with notoriety.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'd rather watch Rose play than anyone in the league right now. Biased? Maybe, but it's true, hes acrobatic as hell and always puts up an "oooh-aaah" highlight.
Does it matter if joe-blow thinks hes a superstar? Not to me, I can careless if people think he's this or that. I'm not changing my angle.

Liked Posts:
First, have you ever considered counseling, Hou? You really should do something with that anger problem. You have a nasty temper and that can't be good for your blood pressure.

What does "GTFOH" mean, sir? I'm not as internet savvy as others. What does this mean? Is this one of those online abbreviations all the kids are using these days? Sorry for not knowing.

It would help if you watch a damn game with Rose in it...unfortunately, I don't think you have a firm grasp of reality, so trying to help you learn basketball is futile and time wasting.

Someone like you, who has several aliases on one damn forum making the same idiotic statements questions others thirst for attention? GTFOH with that nonsense!!!

What the hell does reality television have to do with Derrick Rose? He plays basketball. Yao Ming is a superstar, how man allstar appearances? How far has he gotten in the playoffs? Blake Griffin is pretty much a superstar...he hasn't played a full season yet.

Better yet...here is what you do...go to google.com and do a search on "Derrick Rose Superstar". Everybody from sports columnists to gossip sites for women call him a superstar. Is he on the same level as Lebron...no, but who said Lebron is the low bar for superstardom? He is global!

Liked Posts:
I was legitimately wanting Bulls fans' feedback on this because I cannot objectively in my heart of hearts see Derrick Rose as a superstar this early in his career.

I guess EVERYONE is a superstar then.

Most pointless, obnoxious thread ever. The word "star" and "superstars" are subjective anyway. Why be a troll in here and create topics just to annoy Bulls' fans?