Is Eddie Jackson A First Round Talent?

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I seriously think he is a special teamer, who plays 1 or 2 sets of downs. I don't think he will ever be a starter. This guy is replacing Eddie Royal's punt return duties, lets not get too excited.

He's by far the most talented S on the roster so I wouldn't be writing him off as a ST addition so quickly. The only thing we don't know is how he looks post-injury but prior to it he balled out for Bama.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I haven't seen anything about a back injury. Source?

He tore his ACL during 2014 spring practices and was back to start the season in September, then broke his leg returning a punt in October. It's a concern, and the only reason he was available in the 4th.

Just like Jordan Howard last year.

Please see the link below:

www.profootballweekly.com/gallagers/mom/ugly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Talent is obviously there. My concern is drafting a guy with injury history when this staff is, um, well, pretty terrible at keeping guys healthy.

Now whether those injuries are flukes or they indicate a chronic problem in the future. Who knows.

He's worth a 4th round flyer. I'm definitely excited about the return element he brings. Need dudes who can flip field position.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
My kids have each broken a wrist.

Neitherchas broken their other wrist.

Guess it's just a matter of time.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am sure Eddie will give us his all until he breaks something else. These players do what they need to to get paid. He still needs to get to that big money deal, so I dont think he is like a first rounder that got his money and decides to hold back on his rehabilitation. I think there will be a handful of plays we will remember him by, like Mike Brown or Johnny Knox, but for a third day pick, its more than you can ask for.

DavidH

Liked Posts:
Anyone have any idea where this guy got the idea that Jackson had surgery on his back? Is he completely making it up?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Fusion back surgery. He'll be lucky if he ever walks again. Fucking Pace does it again!

I see stuff like EJ had MINOR surgery to remove the screw from his leg:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/25/report-alabama-safety-eddie-jackson-has-minor-surgery/

I also see article about his players dedicated their season to him after his injury:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/11/alabama_players_dedicate_seaso.html

But I don't see anything about back surgery. I think it's time for you to either put up or shut up.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I see stuff like EJ had MINOR surgery to remove the screw from his leg:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/25/report-alabama-safety-eddie-jackson-has-minor-surgery/

I also see article about his players dedicated their season to him after his injury:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/11/alabama_players_dedicate_seaso.html

But I don't see anything about back surgery. I think it's time for you to either put up or shut up.

STFU party bottom.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Anyone have any idea where this guy got the idea that Jackson had surgery on his back? Is he completely making it up?

I actually did not make it up. I heard it on ESPN1000 the day he was drafted. Admittedly it was referred to as minor. I tried googling it myself and couldn't find anything so clearly it was minor.

But I absolutely did not make it up and obviously the guy has major medical red flags.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Eddie Jackson in a Bears uniform

C-tcZI5VoAAFTOI.jpg

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just goes to show how one bad year or injury can cost you draft position. The year Jackson was All American and stayed healthy, he should have declared to go in the NFL draft as the scouts would only have one "good" year to judge him by. Easily could have gone #2 in the draft had he followed Mitch's strategy

He was also the defensive MVP of the national championship game.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Just goes to show how one bad year or injury can cost you draft position. The year Jackson was All American and stayed healthy, he should have declared to go in the NFL draft as the scouts would only have one "good" year to judge him by. Easily could have gone #2 in the draft had he followed Mitch's strategy

Or Malik Hooker's.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
He was also the defensive MVP of the national championship game.

He's a stud. If he's healthy, he's got potential to be a pro bowl safety. He's not a big hitter or great tackler, but he's physical and willing to mix it up. He should be able to clean up his tackling technique, though he'll never be an enforcer. But he's special with the ball in his hands, and he has the range and instincts to get the ball.

The injuries are a legit concern, obviously. But if not for them, he's long gone by the 4th round.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I seriously think he is a special teamer, who plays 1 or 2 sets of downs. I don't think he will ever be a starter. This guy is replacing Eddie Royal's punt return duties, lets not get too excited.

t7R2kqB.gif

What? Eddie Jackon a special team player?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You don't start enough threads, now you necro them too?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You don't start enough threads, now you necro them too?

I was going to remake the thread to look back at Eddie Jackson's year but I looked it up on the search bar and found this old thread.

Brett Kollman really knows his stuff he's done some really good work on the prospects this year.

Icemanx

Liked Posts:
Eddie Jackson is the best we have, he was a steal for where the Bears drafted him at.

AussieBear

an aussie #calledit special mid-late rd gem.. hopefully he continues to improve n gets mo betta or meh...