Is it win or else for Bears coach John Fox in 2017?

Will John Fox be the Head Coach Next Season If We Win 6 Plus Games?

• Yes

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's a relative question. I think less than 6 games and he's in trouble.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My guess is anything short of 7 wins gets him canned. I can't imagine Pace thinking he was ever a long term plan and now with having Trubbs i would think he is looking for a long term option at HC.

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
I would characterize it as win more or else. The bar is low but the team has to show significant improvement.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think it is more of if the team keeps improving and showing they are competitive or if they regress that determines if he stays or not.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the team seems to be going in the right direction I think 6 wins would keep him

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I'm not expecting much out of this team this year and I don't think pace and co do either. As long as we don't see a locker room anarchy situation we saw with trestman fox will be our guy next year

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
fox isn't going anywhere

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
If Fox's job is on the line there is no chance Glennon would start this week. The fact MG is starting tells me Fox is safe this year no matter what happens.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
If he is fired there is no better time then after this year. Keeping him on for 2-3 more years while Trubs is developing and learning before changing the offense will not benefit the goal.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After seeing how Pace still involved Fox in the draft process and meeting with Trubisky, I can virtually assure Fox isn't being fired regardless of the record.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
After seeing how Pace still involved Fox in the draft process and meeting with Trubisky, I can virtually assure Fox isn't being fired regardless of the record.

Yup. even 4 wins is an improvement so unless we win less than 3 games i dont see fox going anywhere. I think we win 5 games this year if we stay healthy.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Take it for what it's worth....

Chris Mortenson was on ESPN 1000 yesterday. They asked him point blank, "Do you think John Fox will be the coach of the Chicago Bears next year?" Mort quickly and confidently said NO. Mort said that it may not even be because they fire him but because he (Fox) is ready to walk away from the game. Mort acted as if it were a foregone conclusion that this is Fox's last rodeo and that the Bears will have a new HC roaming the sideline in 2018.

Mort is well-connected and for him to speak so confidently in what he said, I think it's quite telling.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Chris Mortenson was on ESPN 1000 yesterday. They asked him point blank, "Do you think John Fox will be the coach of the Chicago Bears next year?" Mort quickly and confidently said NO. Mort said that it may not even be because they fire him but because he (Fox) is ready to walk away from the game. Mort acted as if it were a foregone conclusion that this is Fox's last rodeo and that the Bears will have a new HC roaming the sideline in 2018.

Mort is well-connected and for him to speak so confidently in what he said, I think it's quite telling.

Please let it be. Then the Bears can hire a real coach. A coach with facial hair!

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:

See this makes sense to me. Fox is really old and an NFL season is stressful as hell. Question is...Who's out there who would be a good replacement?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please let it be. Then the Bears can hire a real coach. A coach with facial hair!

See this makes sense to me. Fox is really old and an NFL season is stressful as hell. Question is...Who's out there who would be a good replacement?

mmqb-matt-patricia-patriots-325.jpg