Is Kobe Bryant the NBA's New Knight in Shining Armor

ChiBDM

Liked Posts:
Is Kobe Bryant the NBA's new Knight in Shining Armor

Kobe Bryant: Has The Lakers Star Become The NBA's Knight In Shining Armor | Bleacher Report

I would love to hear the thoughts on this one even though it only briefly mentions the Bulls. And I will also be submitting this as an article here, soon. I have decided that national articles involving non-Chicago teams I will post on Bleacher Report.... And yes, I don't even really like Bleacher Report. So the Lion's Share of my new articles will debut here.

-@ChiBDM

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've always been a huge fan of Kobe, so it is nice to see the public perception of him change a little. I agree that now he has become a bit of a white knight. I wonder too if the last few years of Shaq's antics have helped Kobe as well.

It turns out Shaq is a pretty questionable guy himself, and he's managed to leave just about every team he goes to with a bad taste in their mouth. The way the Suns turned around when he left, and the Cavs took a slight step back when he showed up is just another example.

I think some people now don't blame Kobe for the LA breakup as much, which makes him a bit less polarizing.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whenever I shoot a ball of paper into a wastepaper basket, I yell "KOBE!"

But seriously, I've never really followed the NBA much, but it seems like Kobe isn't one to talk shit or get into off court problems, though I could be wrong.

Between he and LeBron, it's pretty obvious who the better role model is.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've never cared for Kobe and the only time I will cheer for him is when he's playing the Miami Heat.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kobe has been in off-court problems, and he's still more hated around the NBA than LeBron James - as crazy as that is.

I really don't like Kobe Bryant or LeBron James at all. If there is a "knight in shining armor" for the NBA it is Kevin Durant.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Kobe has been in off-court problems, and he's still more hated around the NBA than LeBron James - as crazy as that is.

I really don't like Kobe Bryant or LeBron James at all. If there is a "knight in shining armor" for the NBA it is Kevin Durant.

Up to this point, I agree. If Durant can stay level headed and healthy, he's going to appear in GOAT arguments when his career is closing off.

To say this lightly, Kobe is a tool, and I can't blame many who adore him, because they may not have been around when pro sports had piss-poor paychecks.