Is Kyle Hendriks (sp) Done?

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
It look like Kyle just don't have the it, anymore. How many ground balls for outs he generated last night? It's time for him to step out for young kid..

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
They gotta hope he has some good outings here before end of July so they can trade him to a contender

They should of done it back when they traded away rizzo, Bryant, and Baez. Back when they could of gotten something solid for him

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They are not going to trade him. Injuries alone will hold their hand on that. I see them moving on next year to Brown.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I think a contender will pick him up since you cannot have enough pitching depth. The return will just be a lottery ticket depending on how much salary the Cubs eat.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
yep he is toast. Only a no hitter into the 7th. What a bum

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Totally sucks. Gave up a walk and a hit. What a schmuck.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Ok, I spoke to soon. But CSF77 proved he is an 16 years old child..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
One game, good or bad, doesn't mean shit. The jury is still out on Hendricks. I will say this...the fact that CSF77 thinks he's still a piece of the puzzle really puts Kyle in a bad spot.

Another take from bean counter posse.

I believe that you are writing him off as past his prime. His history has been lose 1-3 MPH he gets wrecked. He was upper 80's all night. That is when he has been at his best.

So I think that we can write if off as wear and tear on his arm and the time off gave him a new lease. For how long? It don't matter. As long as he is good right now is what matters.

So, you can take your opinion and stuff it into the box of all the other opinions that get forgotten.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Another take from bean counter posse.

I believe that you are writing him off as past his prime. His history has been lose 1-3 MPH he gets wrecked. He was upper 80's all night. That is when he has been at his best.

So I think that we can write if off as wear and tear on his arm and the time off gave him a new lease. For how long? It don't matter. As long as he is good right now is what matters.

So, you can take your opinion and stuff it into the box of all the other opinions that get forgotten.
Is there room in there with all of yours taking up space???

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree completely with @knoxville7 re hoping for a few more good outings to improve trade value.

I do hope Ricketts gets out his checkbook to re-sign Stroman though.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Agree completely with @knoxville7 re hoping for a few more good outings to improve trade value.

I do hope Ricketts gets out his checkbook to re-sign Stroman though.

What would you want the check to be? I was thinking/hoping 3/85M or 4/115M to get it done as it doesn't increase his CBT hit that much and is the "bird in the hand."

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
What would you want the check to be? I was thinking/hoping 3/85M or 4/115M to get it done as it doesn't increase his CBT hit that much and is the "bird in the hand."
If he'll take that sure.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons

His agent will probably want 5 years at 25-30 million per year.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stroman will want to paid like a #1 because that is what he is here. He is not and has never been a #1. He's a roughly .500 lifetime pitcher with an OK ERA that's having a big year at just the right time. The Cubs know this and it's why he's not getting an extension. He will probably be moved at the deadline. Don't forget, they are still rebuilding and just because they are fortunate enough to be in a horrible division which keeps them in the race....finishing the rebuild should still be a high priority. Hoyer already shit the bed on guys like Mancini, Hosmer, Barnhardt and Fulmer. So moving both Stroman and Hendricks should be the way to go. What they are doing now to try to get something for these guys is playing them at a minimum and only against guys they have any kind of a chance with. Take Fulmer for example.....he's nowhere near closing anymore, not even setting up....they got him doing 1 inning of middle relief here and there in pressure free situations. Hoping to build his numbers enough so they can get someone to bite on him. Since the arrival of Amaya.....I'm seeing DFA on the horizon for Barnhardt. The 2 year deal for Mancini will probably keep him around a bit. Unfortunately, they are stuck with $68 million starter that usually doesn't make through 5 innings.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Stroman will want to paid like a #1 because that is what he is here. He is not and has never been a #1. He's a roughly .500 lifetime pitcher with an OK ERA that's having a big year at just the right time. The Cubs know this and it's why he's not getting an extension. He will probably be moved at the deadline. Don't forget, they are still rebuilding and just because they are fortunate enough to be in a horrible division which keeps them in the race....finishing the rebuild should still be a high priority. Hoyer already shit the bed on guys like Mancini, Hosmer, Barnhardt and Fulmer. So moving both Stroman and Hendricks should be the way to go. What they are doing now to try to get something for these guys is playing them at a minimum and only against guys they have any kind of a chance with. Take Fulmer for example.....he's nowhere near closing anymore, not even setting up....they got him doing 1 inning of middle relief here and there in pressure free situations. Hoping to build his numbers enough so they can get someone to bite on him. Since the arrival of Amaya.....I'm seeing DFA on the horizon for Barnhardt. The 2 year deal for Mancini will probably keep him around a bit. Unfortunately, they are stuck with $68 million starter that usually doesn't make through 5 innings.

This is a borderline idiotic take. Hosmer was essentially a cost nothing move. Just an FYI, Fulmer hasn't allowed an earned run since just before Memorial Day. He's also off the books after this year anyway. Mancini and Barnhart aren't working out, but let's not pretend they're the reason why the Cubs are below .500 and are the key to the future. Does Hoyer not get credit for bringing back Smyly or Leiter Jr or signing Swanson? His one signing of importance this past offseason that isn't working is Taillion.