Votes: 31 64.6%
  • Just right

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Cut his ass

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Against the Bengals he was not used much until the end, where he was fairly effective at helping run down the clock.

Yesterday, he was almost unseen.

I'd like to see Bush get more touches. I don't want Forte to get hurt or worn down.

Thoughts?

MacBear

Liked Posts:
No. I dont understand why he hasnt been used in short yardage. Thats what the Bears are paying him for

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think 30 touches (Vikes game) is too many for Forte. 24, 25 would be better. I want Matt around for the playoffs.

Reactions: DC

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Fan of Bush, but having Forte in the Red zone gives the Bears and extra Receiver

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If we actually had some garbage time I'm sure he'd be out there, but since both games were close I want our best guys on the field...and that's clearly not Bush. So, basically, I really don't give a shit how many snaps he gets as long as we keep putting games away.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Fan of Bush, but having Forte in the Red zone gives the Bears and extra Receiver

Forte is obviously better, but Bush had over 400 receiving yards in 2011 while splitting time with a few other backs. It's not like Bush can't catch. Throwing a ball or two his way a game doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I thought Bush had a catch in the Bengals game. Maybe I'm wrong though. I only "saw" the 2nd half on TV and heard the 1st on the radio.. Would make sense if he made an appearance later in the game though.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
One the one hand, it would be nice to see Bush spell Forte a drive or two per game just to lighten Forte's workload. On the other hand, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Kinda crazy that we actually have more weapons than there are touches to go around. It's like we have an offense or something

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
No. I dont understand why he hasnt been used in short yardage. Thats what the Bears are paying him for

It's a fallacy that Bush is a power short yardage RB! IMO.... I think Ford can be our best short yardage back. I hope Tres implements a little Ford into the gameplan as I think he is great. With our new, big, physical, OL, DL can't see Ford cuz of his size, plus he's hard to take down, and can find those small holes behind our new OL.

I wanna see some FORD!

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
Forte has durability issues and if he keeps getting 30 touches he will be on the sidelines soon.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
It's a fallacy that Bush is a power short yardage RB! IMO.... I think Ford can be our best short yardage back. I hope Tres implements a little Ford into the gameplan as I think he is great. With our new, big, physical, OL, DL can't see Ford cuz of his size, plus he's hard to take down, and can find those small holes behind our new OL.

I wanna see some FORD!
Yes, yes.. The All-Bear Preseason Hero. Bro, Michael Bush is a very solid, underrated running back in this league. The Bears are lucky he is number 2 and they should be using him a hellofa lot more. I love Forte, but Bush is a damn good back. He's better than just up the gut gain 3 yards back, he's actually pretty elusive and plays quick for his size. Hope we see more of him as the season progresses.

MacBear

Liked Posts:

I wanna see some FORD!

bush has been used in those situations many times before, and i cant think of a single time he has failed. at least with us.

give him the ball with 1 or 2 to go and he'll get it