Is the run game fixed?

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree in theory. Last season was just an absolute shit show (obviously) on offense and nothing worked. They couldn’t run and they couldn’t throw. Usually you can lean on one to set the other up but there was truly nothing working.

“Zero thought of running the football, zero thought of passing the ball”

my favorite nagy quote. i like nagy, but he needs to improve obviously.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Kmet chip blocking and Foles deep ball might open it up.

Last season felt like every team seen what was coming, hope this D just brings the house , SF gave the blueprint to dominate the Packers.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly IDK but i remember the bears would be running the ball great then bam we would stop running the ball

Yeah there was a game or two where they opened up the 3rd qtr running I formation alp the way down the field and score and then nagy would call like 20 passes. I remember jokingly telling this girl i was with after a good run by montgomery in the 1st (i think) “watch him not get another carry”, and he didn’t until like the 4th. Maddening at times

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
They ran the ball well against the Chargers when they used Holtz as a fullback.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@kfishbain
· 11m
Bears GM Ryan Pace when asked about the O-line: "I think what's a little understated is the addition of Juan Castillo as our OL coach and what he's going to bring to the table.” Agree or not, the moves, or lack thereof, have told us they believe coaching, scheme can improve OL.

This quote applies here since Castillo will be run game coordinator. I honestly don’t think we know what to expect. Very well may be some major scheme changes coming. We shall just have to see.

Yeah but until it happens sounds like same shit people said about Hiestand.

Fool me once and all that jazz!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kmet, if he can stand on his feet will upgrade the TE blocking. Shaheen is horrendous and useless.

Not having Whitehair and Daniels swap positions will help.

Ifedi is not good, but better than Kyle Long was last season.

Better, but hard to see fixed.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kmet, if he can stand on his feet will upgrade the TE blocking. Shaheen is horrendous and useless.

Not having Whitehair and Daniels swap positions will help.

Ifedi is not good, but better than Kyle Long was last season.

Better, but hard to see fixed.
Bears O-line depth is ass, heaven help you if 1-2 starters go down, which almost always happens. It really looks like Nagy/Pace fully expect MT to start the season, and run for his life as long as possible.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
We’ll see but it doesn’t look as if they’ve done enough for things to change.

the way pace was talking yesterday after the second round it seems as if they’re planning on running the ball a little more and trying to be a little more nasty.

I just don’t see how they’ve improved enough to make much of a difference, losing gabriel is probably going to hurt. The new kid probably won’t affect things that much and wins and Ridley seem like bodies to be honest

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I really hope Bars can move some people in the run game because if not the run game is still going to be ass. Maybe Harris / Kmet / Graham can help by running out of more 2 TE sets? By the way I’m obviously talking about on paper right now.
nope, i don't think the run game is fixed. one slow RB, the hits will build up, the other one runs sideways, no guard drafted, running lanes will have the same lanes and timing. It's basically the same shit over again it seems, hopefully i'm wrong.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
Yeah there was a game or two where they opened up the 3rd qtr running I formation alp the way down the field and score and then nagy would call like 20 passes. I remember jokingly telling this girl i was with after a good run by montgomery in the 1st (i think) “watch him not get another carry”, and he didn’t until like the 4th. Maddening at times

It was insane if we would have ran the ball in those two games we would have been 10-6

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really hope Bars can move some people in the run game because if not the run game is still going to be ass. Maybe Harris / Kmet / Graham can help by running out of more 2 TE sets? By the way I’m obviously talking about on paper right now.

Kmet is not a good blocker.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
I still have a sneaking suspicion than Nagy is the root of all problems on O. The whole line regressed. They looked lost. Maybe that's on Heistand, but he's been around a long time and never seen a line universally regress. Plus, Nagy hired him sooo...

The play calling seemed stupid way too often. He had 2 drives where he put in a FB and ran the ball down the field. Yet he never did it again despite facing nickel and dime all season.

All the people clamoring for OL, ya it's a weakness but do you really think a guard would fix the O? Problems run much deeper than that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They ran the ball well against the Chargers when they used Holtz as a fullback.
Hotlz, Horsted, Graham, Kmet, Harris. Which one sticks, Holtz or Harris?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
This is also further indictment that Pace & Nagy were fine with the o-line as is...and they never had any intention of drafting OL.

The notion that the right OL players didn't fall to them, so they went BPA, doesn't hold water. They simply were fine not drafting any o-linemen.
In the 2nd round, one OG was picked.....before the Bears pick.
The Vikings did take Ezra Cleveland OT, so there is an argument that of the Bears wanted to reach and take the 7th best OT, they could have.

The reality is the Tackle position was depleted in the first and the Guard position was really weak the entire draft.

By the 5th round, there were still players grading in the 70's! But every Guard left available was grading in the 40's....

So yeah, if you wanted Ezra Cleveland, there is an argument to be made.

Other than that, I think it's foolish to keep pining that the Bears blatantly ignored a position of need.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kmet is not a good blocker.

He is the best blocker the Bears have and a massive upgrade over what the Bears had last season.

He is big, physical, and willing, which means you can develop him into a very good blocker.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like the addition of Spriggs he can be good, Ifedi on the other hand is not good imo, i still think we need a real RB2 i'm absolutely done with Cohen as a RB