Is there any doubt about Khalil Herbert?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
LOL. Unless one of Monty, Williams or Cohen miss time, this guy isn't gonna see shit.

I don't think you understand how much of a ****ing WIZARD Pace is with day 3 picks. Herbert to Bears was almost like destiny at this point in the current regime's tenure. The guy is going to break ankles and hearts on his way to a pro bowl this season. Name one RB that's going to shine as bright as this guy will, despite being taken before him by inferior GMs?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I don't think you understand how much of a ****ing WIZARD Pace is with day 3 picks. Herbert to Bears was almost like destiny at this point in the current regime's tenure. The guy is going to break ankles and hearts on his way to a pro bowl this season. Name one RB that's going to shine as bright as this guy will, despite being taken before him by inferior GMs?
ccs2.png

He just keeps going.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I like the pick and now think the rb is complete and complimentary.....unlike last year with Monty/Patterson and ?

If he can contribute on st he should easliy make the roster and the 53 moving Nall to the waiver wire

napo55

Liked Posts:
If Herbert breaks a couple of long runs, he will earn substantial pt. He has one asset Montgomery lacks: breakaway speed.

twetz

Liked Posts:
Six carries for 3 yards at the Senior Bowl with a long run of three yards.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
Herbert looks pretty good as a patience and vision guy with good hands. Not crazy fast or elusive, but he can pick his way through traffic and find seams for longer games. It’s also encouraging that he seems to know how to pass protect reasonably well so he may actually see the field.

He reminds me of John Kelly, a guy who got drafted by the Rams a few years back out of Tennessee.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
If Herbert breaks a couple of long runs, he will earn substantial pt. He has one asset Montgomery lacks: breakaway speed.
Yea um, except...
Monty has the longest run from scrimmage for the Bears in the last 32 years.
He's plenty fast.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

This guy is a classic Pace pick. Screams Jordan Howard-type talent who seems destined to put up a big season or two in Chicago. Bears never miss on these runningbacks under Pace. Even Jeremy Langford looked like a keeper his rookie year but washed out of the league for his own reasons.

I think everyone wants the steal of this draft to be Larry Borom or Thomas Graham Jr., but realistically this is probably the guy who will make the biggest impact from the late rounds.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Six carries for 3 yards at the Senior Bowl with a long run of three yards.
giphy.gif

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
People laughing at the possibility of a 3rd day RB doing well are probably the same people cheering Mooney on. Hindsight is 20/20. Have some balls to make unlikely predictions.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
People laughing at the possibility of a 3rd day RB doing well are probably the same people cheering Mooney on. Hindsight is 20/20. Have some balls to make unlikely predictions.
If he does well, that means 2-3 guys in front of him aren’t. And that’s overall bad for the Bears.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This is probably the best rb depth we’ve had since 2018. Underrated fix to a big problem imo

at rb the chances are always high you might get a chance to contribute no matter where you are on the depth chart cause of injuries. Other than the obvious reason a player sucks as to why they don’t get a chance the other reason they don’t is blocking. Most rbs that don’t put in the effort to block for their qb just rarely get on the field.

so how’s his blocking?

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
This is probably the best rb depth we’ve had since 2018. Underrated fix to a big problem imo

at rb the chances are always high you might get a chance to contribute no matter where you are on the depth chart cause of injuries. Other than the obvious reason a player sucks as to why they don’t get a chance the other reason they don’t is blocking. Most rbs that don’t put in the effort to block for their qb just rarely get on the field.

so how’s his blocking?

Kind of a longer video, but it shows him on passing downs as well as runs and he seems just fine as a pass blocker. Maybe he needs to learn to cut block, didn’t see any of that.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

This guy is a classic Pace pick. Screams Jordan Howard-type talent who seems destined to put up a big season or two in Chicago. Bears never miss on these runningbacks under Pace. Even Jeremy Langford looked like a keeper his rookie year but washed out of the league for his own reasons.

I think everyone wants the steal of this draft to be Larry Borom or Thomas Graham Jr., but realistically this is probably the guy who will make the biggest impact from the late rounds.
Like it. Has more speed, patience and vision, can catch. Not as punishing. I rarely look at successful late round RBs as steals since so many have success but I love the pick.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Damien Williams was undrafted and a career backup before kareem hunt kicked a girl's ass so yes he is likely better in the passing game but it's entirely possible this guy makes the team and Damien doesn't