Is There Anyone Here That Keeps Pace...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the ultimatums I'm reading, but let's be honest, our fan base is notorious at making excuses for people.

Missing the playoffs next year is the final straw? Well, we have a bad HC & QB so that's not happening. I guess Pace is a goner.

Pace will have a lot of excuses drawn up for him, so outside of a 3 to 5 win season - he'll be back.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like the ultimatums I'm reading, but let's be honest, our fan base is notorious at making excuses for people.

Missing the playoffs next year is the final straw? Well, we have a bad HC & QB so that's not happening. I guess Pace is a goner.

Pace will have a lot of excuses drawn up for him, so outside of a 3 to 5 win season - he'll be back.

Maybe I'm being too kind to George but I really think the guy does want to win. He's not the brightest bulb... but I do think he at least cares. I can't see this team going .500 or worse and bringing Pace back.

Unrivaled

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't keep him this year even because of the Trubisky disaster. Set the franchise back a decade with that terrible decision.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't keep him this year even because of the Trubisky disaster. Set the franchise back a decade with that terrible decision.

IKR. And right in the middle of such a great decade of Chicago Bears football. SMH

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Unfortunately we’re in QB hell now. No first round pick and probably good enough to not have a top 10 pick next year. Mitch is gonna have to surprise the world or Pace needs to get damn lucky.
Don’t give a shit. He’s had what 6 years to find one? Get me a QB or you’re fired should be the message from the McCaskeys.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
The Trubisky pick was bad but doubling down on your bet by trading away more picks to beef up the D with Mack really was what I thought could be the final straw. Not only did he initially miss on the Trubisky assessment and overdraft him while trading up to do it, Pace then saw what he put out there in game performance and doubled down by trading away all his collateral to fix the problem in the future for a defensive side acquisition. I think the evidence was there to fire him based on that, but I think they are going to let him be the one to "lie in the bed he has made" with the lack of draft capital and cap space this year and turn the reigns over next year if the team doesn't go to the postseason next year.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don’t give a shit. He’s had what 6 years to find one? Get me a QB or you’re fired should be the message from the McCaskeys.

Oh I wasn't defending him. He's fucked that position royally.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Not really. He was hampered by Cutler's contract for 2 years. The first legitimate chance he had to find one, he drafted one (when 75% of this board wanted him to wait a year). That one he drafted led the team to a 12-4 record and looked like to be on an upward trajectory.

So if you look at it that way he's had 1 chance to pick a QB (be real, Glennon was not a real shot to fix QB it was a band-aid). And up until 3 months ago, it looked like a decent pick. So it's not like he's missed all these other chances to pick another QB.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think Pace can draft pretty well, but his 1st round misses have really set us back. I am not sure about Nagy either.

Bottom line if Pace continues to bring in talent, I can let him keep guessing on the coaches until he gets it right. Coaching hires are pretty much a crap shoot anyway.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think Pace can draft pretty well, but his 1st round misses have really set us back. I am not sure about Nagy either.

Bottom line if Pace continues to bring in talent, I can let him keep guessing on the coaches until he gets it right. Coaching hires are pretty much a crap shoot anyway.

The whole "set us back" thing is ridiculous to me. This team was just 12-4 LAST YEAR! They were 8-8 this year, which sucks, but it was better than 18 teams. If Pace has set the team back, it hasn't actually started yet as this team is still right there. So you can't really say he has set the team back, because right now it's based on projection. And on projection that doesn't really have much of a leg to stand on unless the Bears do absolutely nothing this offseason.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only reason not to fire him today is it would be hard to attract a quality replacement if candidates know they'll be saddled with Trubisky and/or Nagy for any length of time. If next year looks like this year (and there aren't many reasons to expect otherwise) it might be more realistic to expect a clean sweep.

coolio

Liked Posts:
There are some team presidents who would fire him right now because they can see the hole he's digging in the franchise in. Mack contract, Trubisky, no first round picks this year, bad offensive personnel, etc. McCaskeys won't though, I won't be surprised if he lasts his whole contract even if we don't make playoffs next year. They handle trubs with kid gloves and resort to blaming the defense for us not scoring enough points, or the receivers.

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
I think it depends less on the record and more what happens with trubisky. most likely if the bears miss the playoffs its because mitch sucked again in which case its time for regime change. I could see keeping pace if mitch sucks and despite it they still win 10 or 11 games.

Absolute worse case would be 8-8 again and mitch is just mediocre yet they extend him. no coaches or gm gets fired. I'd rather have regime change than that.