Is this a Cheeseburger or a grilled cheese?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Neither.

A burger is a patty made from ground meat or some other minced plant based ingredient. No patty, no burger.

Grilled cheese specifically says you must grill the sandwich and photographic evidence suggests zero grilling or even an attempt to steam the cheese.

someone-holding-the-real-cheeseburger-right-the-real-cheeseburger.jpg

VERDICT: That is a cheese sandwich on a sesame seed bun.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

Discuss

1. Gross.
2. I agree with @Penny Traitor that it's a cheese sandwich.
3. This looks like a menu addition more appropriate to the "Heart Attack Grill" here in Las Vegas than it does to Burger King.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
What are they thinking?

Definitely a cheese sandwich.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are they thinking?

Apparently cheese is a recent obsession in Thailand, which is wild because most of the population is lactose intolerant and the climate is much too warm to make good cheese domestically.

To many outside of Thailand, cheese seems like a hard sell in a country that, as many are quick to point out, boasts an 84 percent lactose intolerance rate. But this means little to the actual modern-day Thai, who now considers pizza, pasta and cheeseburgers as regular lunchtime alternatives to noodles or rice.

In actuality, cheese is becoming big business in Thailand. Although worth a mere US$50 million in 2019, cheese sales are expected to generate nearly US$105 million in 2022, with revenues likely to grow 5.5 percent a year for the next five years, according to Statista. It would make sense, then, for cheesemakers to create a cheese targeted specifically for Thai tastes. But in a fledgling market, it’s becoming hard to pin down exactly what a Thai-tasting cheese would look like.

Smart move by getting the Thais accustomed to the American "cheese" that is just processed junk they probably could manufacture in Thailand.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Apparently cheese is a recent obsession in Thailand, which is wild because most of the population is lactose intolerant and the climate is much too warm to make good cheese domestically.

Smart move by getting the Thais accustomed to the American "cheese" that is just processed junk they probably could manufacture in Thailand.

Fascinating!

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cold cheese sammie with some mayo Miracle Whip...reminds me of the good old poor times.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I ate so many of those processed kraft singles as a kid. Makes me want to puke just thinking about it. I can't imagine 20.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I ate so many of those processed kraft singles as a kid. Makes me want to puke just thinking about it. I can't imagine 20.
Yep. Used to tear them into strips and microwave them on top of doritos when I was a kid. Thinking about a bite that big strangely makes my teeth hurt. Metallic.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Well depending on the country you are in, da burger doesnt always mean da patty hamburger. Ever had a chicken burger?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
I been making cheesedogs with Kraft singles the last week.

I feel real judged.

look at this uppity fuck with his 'Kraft'... next time, get ya some great value. also if you are gonna butcher a dog, throw a dash of shichimi togarashi on it..