8th and 9th should be the staple.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yu is pitching at a Cy Young level right now. No doubt

CSF77

Liked Posts:
• For Saturday's doubleheader against the Cardinals, Ross said the Cubs will promote right-hander Adbert Alzolay from the South Bend site to start Game 1. For the second game, Chicago will go with a "bullpen day," though Ross did not name the planned opener.

Strop rejoining Cubs
The Cubs are bringing Pedro Strop -- one of the great relievers in the franchise's history -- back into the fold. On Friday, Chicago agreed to a Minor League contract (pending physical) with the veteran Strop, who will report to the alternate training site in South Bend, Ind.

"He's day to day," Ross said on Friday, noting that Happ went through a series of additional testing in Chicago. "I know just, the eye is still coming back. I think it's going to be fine. It's just, with everything he's gone through today, I just don't think it's smart to start him."

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I am expecting Rae to start game 2.

Now Maybin went 2-4. I don't think that I am far off saying Maybin LF and Schwarber DH when Happ returns.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Did Yu see that game? Fly the W.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are these young kids brain dead or what? I'm sure they're not being taught to give away bases but it seems like every damn one of them step into MLB and do nothing but walk guys. Do they not watch the game? Do they not know how badly walks fuck things up? I mean it's amazing to me.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Bases loaded. Zero runs. No one should be surprised. Cubs needs to take game 1. Hugh fucking wasted opportunity there.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
I'll be glad when Bryant is gone ....lazy ass relay to 2nd for the DP. Tired of Ross already......

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Take out Happ and worst hitting team in baseball.... pathetic

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Bryant Rizzo Schwarber Baez and Contreras all in the 230s or less .....Bryant batting 179......gimme a break

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Bullpen game = batting practice for Cards.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
In game one the Cubs had THREE (3) hitters in starting lineup hitting in the 100's. My gawd. Worst team in baseball with bases loaded. First it was Cy Young Wainwright shutting 'em down...then Cy Young Gomber...then Cy Young Helsley...now Cy Young Cabrera. Damn.... Cards have all these Cy Young's apparently. Unfortunately the 'REAL' Cubs might be the one's who have gone 10-14 since the hot start. This lineup stat wise is incredibly weak in so many categories. Thanks Theo. Oh and thanks for Jose Martinez who has really given us a spark with his hitless effort since he arrived.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Why is it every team Cubs play finds it very easy to come back from a sizable lead...but once the Cubs get down...it's game over? This lineup is incredibly weak. They have nothing but Happ and Heyward.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Baez looks like he doesn't even care. I know he does...but he's just so blah at the plate. Hitting .195 now. The whole lineup looks like a bunch of walking corpses.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Len Kasper on Jose Martinez "His job is to hit...that's why the Cubs got him". Lol. Hitting .201 for the season..and hitless with the Cubs since he arrived. Dear Lord.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
It's tough to hit against all these Cy Young candidates the Cards threw at 'em in game 2. We have to understand. At least they are avoiding getting the bases loaded. For most teams loading the bases is a good thing. The Cubs however crap their depends. It's good to just stay away from those bases loaded situations.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
In true Cubs fashion they will score a couple runs in the 7th and get the tying run on...so that the postgame can talk about how it's positive momentum going into the next game...or some such bullshit. Or...they just go 1, 2,3.