IST: Chicago Cubs (34-46) at Boston Red Sox (38-44) (June 30-July 2)

How many games do the Cubs win?

• 3...Boston sucks

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 2...It could happen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1...The Cubs are shitty

• 0...The Red Sox are wicked harcore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The last 30 days Jake has been one of the best pitchers in baseball. Only Kershaw and King Felix have been better. Impressive.

after tonights impressive outing I would have to say randy wells is still better.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Why can't Lake make contact at all??? He swings and misses everything... I had hopes for this dude, but dayum!

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why can't Lake make contact at all??? He swings and misses everything... I had hopes for this dude, but dayum!

Controversial opinion: Junior Lake isn't good at baseball.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Controversial opinion: Junior Lake isn't good at baseball.

He started out so good, though. And now he sucks. I think it's in his head and he swings and misses all the time. that's why he is always breaking his bats haha

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
He started out so good, though. And now he sucks. I think it's in his head and he swings and misses all the time. that's why he is always breaking his bats haha
He doesn't have enough power to strike out as often and walk as little as he does. He "success" last year had all the tell tale signs of regression this year, and it has happened.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs win.. nice game by jackson, bullpen was solid.
Be nice to get the sweep and get into single digits below .500

dabears253313

Liked Posts:

I felt the same way about him. Maybe they messed with him like what they did with Starlin Castro. That didn't work out either.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Messing with him? I'm not too sure what you're referencing here. Did someone try to alter his swing or something?

His approach, I think...

'“[Almora] was challenged earlier this year the way Starlin [Castro] was challenged last year to swing at more pitches he can drive," Epstein said. "And a lot of times when young hitters experience that for the first time, they take a step back before they take a step forward."

That might make some fans cringe. Castro was famously asked to be something he wasn’t, and the result was a .245 batting average in 2013 -- about the same as Almora is hitting now. But Castro has taken that step forward this year. He has already surpassed his home run total from the past season and is on pace for a career high, while raising his batting average nearly 50 points. '

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/25056/epstein-almoras-struggles-echo-castros

It does seem like some of the shift has paid off for Castro this year, but I think he's still primarily reverted to the approach that worked so well for him initially.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
His approach, I think...

'“[Almora] was challenged earlier this year the way Starlin [Castro] was challenged last year to swing at more pitches he can drive," Epstein said. "And a lot of times when young hitters experience that for the first time, they take a step back before they take a step forward."

That might make some fans cringe. Castro was famously asked to be something he wasn’t, and the result was a .245 batting average in 2013 -- about the same as Almora is hitting now. But Castro has taken that step forward this year. He has already surpassed his home run total from the past season and is on pace for a career high, while raising his batting average nearly 50 points. '

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/25056/epstein-almoras-struggles-echo-castros

It does seem like some of the shift has paid off for Castro this year, but I think he's still primarily reverted to the approach that worked so well for him initially.

He is nothing like last year. He was taking pitches just to take pitches. This year, he is letting the pitches come to him and just putting good wood on the ball when he can.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
2-0 Cubs. Ruggiano with the homer.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rizzo tried to break twice before the pitcher threw to home and still stole the base. lol