IST: Cubs at Brewers

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I guess you don't read other posters opinions that he isn't a major leaguer. Also, no one wants him? No. The Cubs want big time players with him as the center piece. Huge difference from no one wants him.

Just for the record, before you continue whining, I, for one, have stated that he is a poor defender, and poor baserunner, who is not hitting worth a shit.

I said he has had failures, and you turned that into "Oh, his whole career has been a failure, huh?"

I don't know about others saying he "wasn't a major leaguer". But I will say this much....he may be a major league SS, but he is at the very bottom of that category. Yet you continue to deny it.

He represented the Cubs in an All Star game when they had to have a rep, and they were God-awful with no other decent players, and you count that among his "all star seasons".

There is a huge difference between playing at an all star level, and representing your team as the "tallest midget."

Whatever. We're stuck with him now, and we all now every fartin' time he gets a hit we'll see posts about it from you. We can only hope that will actually be frequent, but the smart money is on the other side of that bet.

I don't know anyone who roots against him. i don't know anyone here who dislikes him for personal reasons.

But there are MANY who see what he is, and isn't, as a ballplayer, and believe we can do better.

The problem now is how do you give Baez a chance with Castro here? It will be awkward to bench him in favor of a guy who hasn't proven he can hit major league pitching, but nobody in their right mind thinks Javy couldn't bat .230 or close enough to it with his power to make him a better offensive player right now. And offense is all Castro could have ever hoped to offer. It's clear who the better defensive options are.

So do us a favor and don't keep whining as though someone is being unfair, because nobody is.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Guys, this is it. If we lose this game I apologize for being bad luck and will no longer watch a game. I missed yesterdays game and we won and I feel like we've only won a handful of games that I've watched in the last month

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Fun fact of the day, Ryan Braun and Aaron Rodgers are gay for each other

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just for the record, before you continue whining, I, for one, have stated that he is a poor defender, and poor baserunner, who is not hitting worth a shit.

I said he has had failures, and you turned that into "Oh, his whole career has been a failure, huh?"

I don't know about others saying he "wasn't a major leaguer". But I will say this much....he may be a major league SS, but he is at the very bottom of that category. Yet you continue to deny it.

He represented the Cubs in an All Star game when they had to have a rep, and they were God-awful with no other decent players, and you count that among his "all star seasons".

There is a huge difference between playing at an all star level, and representing your team as the "tallest midget."

Whatever. We're stuck with him now, and we all now every fartin' time he gets a hit we'll see posts about it from you. We can only hope that will actually be frequent, but the smart money is on the other side of that bet.

I don't know anyone who roots against him. i don't know anyone here who dislikes him for personal reasons.

But there are MANY who see what he is, and isn't, as a ballplayer, and believe we can do better.

The problem now is how do you give Baez a chance with Castro here? It will be awkward to bench him in favor of a guy who hasn't proven he can hit major league pitching, but nobody in their right mind thinks Javy couldn't bat .230 or close enough to it with his power to make him a better offensive player right now. And offense is all Castro could have ever hoped to offer. It's clear who the better defensive options are.

So do us a favor and don't keep whining as though someone is being unfair, because nobody is.

He was voted in by the players twice. That was shown on this site.

Do me a favor? Actually, know what you speak of.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
The deadline's over guys, can we all get away from the Castro arguments? I'm not throwing shade on anyone, but he's become as polarizing as Jay Cutler and it's a bit annoying

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
The deadline's over guys, can we all get away from the Castro arguments? I'm not throwing shade on anyone, but he's become as polarizing as Jay Cutler and it's a bit annoying

He's like Cutler, but unlike Pick Six Castro was once a quality player.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He was voted in by the players twice. That was shown on this site.

Do me a favor? Actually, know what you speak of.
He can't. He even said Jeter was a good defensive SS and anyone who knew baseball agreed. LOL.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So emotional, Frankie.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
So emotional, Frankie.

hqdefault.jpg

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Just promote Baez and it will be Starlin Wally Pipp Castro to you.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Good grief, Bryant. They must have his number for him to be taking strike 3 right down Main Street. I wonder what he was looking for?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Atta boy, Starlin! Cardinalesque AB there!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Who gets to .250 first? Starlin or Addi. Let the race begin.