IST: Cubs @ Brewers

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Contreras may not be a great framer or call his own games yet, but he does other good things behind the plate that Montero can't do anymore.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cardinals gettn their ass kikd tonight, at least cubs won't lose any ground on lead.
61/2

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow what a start of his Cubs carreer

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Well get it out of way in Game they were most likely going to lose anyway...

Frickn Brewers

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Lmao

Just read Chris Sales got sent home because he didn't want to wear the uniform for tonight and cut it up...

Guess he really wants to get traded, now the time for the Cubs to strike ?

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Welcome to the Cubs Montgomery!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clayton Richards is fucking awful and absolutely needs to go. I can't believe he's still around.

Maybe we could trade him for an especially talented Groundskeeper somewhere...

Washington

Liked Posts:
Contreras being behind the plate was not the only factor, of course. But it was huge.

The whole point is that D matters, but for some reason, many fans simply can't see it. Maybe it comes down to being able to quantify it. If a guy has errors, they scream, but otherwise.....nothing.

For example, if a guy goes 3 for 4 at SS and can't get to ground balls, many fans praise the crap out of him. But if he gobbles up everything, and K's three times, they think he is killing us and should sit.

There are more defensive stats readily available these days, but it's nowhere near as obvious as what a guy does at the plate. The argument comes around constantly, people base their opinion on who should play solely on offensive contributions.

Kyle Schwarber, your table is ready. Stinks at D but hits so he gets a free pass and is now compared to Babe Ruth.

Heyward, he can't hit his way out of a wet paper bag and people are using his D as justification of that outrageous contract.

So, in conclusion, I've seen this argument go both ways but I concur that playing poor D is often over looked if you can hit. If people think Contreras sucks at catcher, wait until his backup plays there next year. I'm not sure any SP will want him calling their game.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@CSNMooney: Lackey annoyed at his defense (again) and Rizzo reminds us NL Central race is "not going to be a cakewalk" for Cubs: bit.ly/2aDTHNL

Yea because it was Baez n Russell who threw Lucroy like 10 straight fastballs before he clocked one out..

I never liked Lackey, still don't like the guy...
You guys talk about chemistry and all...
There probably a line of teammates whod like to punch him in the mouth...

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@bbdoolittle: Veteran reliever Joe Nathan has been activated by the Cubs. Righty Adam Warren has been optioned to AAA Iowa to... es.pn/29XswMe

Adam Warren ?
I swear Richard has to have some pictures or something on management to stick around..
Holy Cow

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adam Warren ?
I swear Richard has to have some pictures or something on management to stick around..
Holy Cow

If Richard is still a Cub after 8/1 THEN I'll be pissed. Lots of moving parts until then, however.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
If Richard is still a Cub after 8/1 THEN I'll be pissed. Lots of moving parts until then, however.
I get that but what point of having him around, especially now that they got Montgomery..

Rather have an extra bat or Patton over him

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Sox suspended sales 5 game, guess Cubs will miss him in series..?