IST: Cubs @ Brewers

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Yeah, his stats definitely will look worse when you remove the hits and RBI
Remove what hits?

Outside the 3 for 4 game he 6 for 33 with 14 Ks after tonight..

So he not "back" like some people are saying

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Yes! Great game. Nice job Heyward.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
052317_mlb_sf_chc_cubs_bullpen_med_17ru3ci7.gif

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Your stats are incorrect.

He's not the second coming of Ted Williams, but he has 14 hits, so eliminating a 3 for 4 does not get him to 6.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Since returning on the 6th he's 14 for 55 with 19 k's and 7 walks. Not including tonight since the start of june he's hitting .237/.345/.598. Batting average isn't pretty but slugging and obp are great.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Since returning on the 6th he's 14 for 55 with 19 k's and 7 walks. Not including tonight since the start of june he's hitting .237/.345/.598. Batting average isn't pretty but slugging and obp are great.

Well sure, but if you eliminate the games in which he slugged or got on base....

chibears55

Liked Posts:
You're right I goofed I missed the first 2 games of his return..
So. He went 6 for 22 in the beginning, not 5 for 15, which i gave him credit for doing...

But since that start

he 8 for 33, which is good for him
But
The whole point of my post was towards people who keep saying he back after 1 good game or hitting a homerun...

Take away his 1 good game and in his surrounding games right before and now 5 ABs after, he just 5 for 29, which is not good...

I just wish people would stop saying he back after a good game or two..
Cause you'll pretty much find that 10-20 AB before and after, he usually don't do much and that was my point..

Yes he went 3 for 4 , but he was 5 for 24 before that and so far now he 0 for 5 after...

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Remove what hits?

Outside the 3 for 4 game he 6 for 33 with 14 Ks after tonight..

So he not "back" like some people are saying

Kato Kaelin is looking for a roomie....match made in heaven, you might want to take him up on it.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Yea it still end of July but they needed to win that game..

Would of sucked to come all the way back and jump ahead the last 2 weeks, then lay an egg against the team you're fighting to win the division ...

Need a big one out of Lackey tomorrow....
Probably not but
Might be the difference of Epstein pulling a trigger on another SP or not

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
So. He went 6 for 22 in the beginning, not 5 for 15, which i gave him credit for doing...

But since that start

But
The whole point of my post was towards people who keep saying he back after 1 good game or hitting a homerun...

Take away his 1 good game and in his surrounding games right before and now 5 ABs after, he just 5 for 29, which is not good...

Cause you'll pretty much find that 10-20 AB before and after, he usually don't do much and that was my point..

Yes he went 3 for 4 , but he was 5 for 24 before that and so far now he 0 for 5 after...

Here are his numbers since his call up

.255/.339/.618 for a .957 OPS, .393 wOBA and 141 wRC+

Those are fantastic numbers since returning from Iowa and you want to ignore them by counting hits. It's a little frustrating. The guy works hard in the minors to fix things, does so and still gets questioned. Granted it's not a huge sample size but since it's nearly a month not a tiny one either. He has been great this month but you keep taking little snippets to prove your narrative. Baseball stats don't work that way.

Oh and stop it wit BA. It's a horrible stat.

http://www.fangraphs.com/library/stats-to-avoid-batting-average/

"Which is why it’s so difficult to remove it from our vernacular. Batting average is built into the language of the sport, but it’s simply not a useful statistic and if you want to analyze a player properly, it’s something you don’t want to pay close attention to at all."

"There are a myriad of other options ranging from OBP to wRC+ that you can use instead, but this post is going to lay out the case against batting average and why you should look for a new go-to statistic this season. If you want to read up on your other options, we have tons of pages and articles that explain them."

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I just wish people would stop saying he back after a good game or two.

But it's not a good game or two. He's hitting .237/.345/.598(excluding last night as the stats haven't updated yet) since the start of June. That's 113 PAs. It's not "OMG MVP AMAZING" but it's quite solid. Only 23 players in the league have a slugging over .550. And while Schwarbers BA is still disappointing, the hits he does get are meaningful because they are extra bases. It's not just HRs. He has 6 doubles 1 triple and 9 HRs over that period. Extra base hits score runs. And at a .345 OBP he's still getting on base well above league average.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Really going to need Lackey and the pen to step up today..

Offense that been struggling last couple days is going to be without Rizzo (back)..
Caratini playing first

TL1961

Liked Posts:

But since that start

But

He has an OPSover 900 since coming back and you focused solely on batting average, which is crazy.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don't even know who is pitching for the Brewers, but the Cubs bats are breaking out today.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
He has an OPSover 900 since coming back and you focused solely on batting average, which is crazy.
Why isn't he in lineup today against a RHP, and Rizzo out of line up

Jay .313 since break

Almora .318 since break

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Why isn't he in lineup today against a RHP, and Rizzo out of line up

Makes sense to me. He didn't have a great day yesterday and Joe was clearly miffed at he and Baez. No one is absolving Schwarber of anything but you don't log a 141 wRC+ in the month of July by sucking. He's a young player and once in awhile he needs have a lesson reinforced. None of that negates his stats in the month of July which you refuse to look at it in their totality.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Makes sense to me. He didn't have a great day yesterday and Joe was clearly miffed at he and Baez. No one is absolving Schwarber of anything but you don't log a 141 wRC+ in the month of July by sucking. He's a young player and once in awhile he needs have a lesson reinforced. None of that negates his stats in the month of July which you refuse to look at it in their totality.

Why waste your time on him? It's his cheesy attempt at trying to duplicate Omeletpants daily hammering of Heyward last year. Pick a guy having a down year and berate him. YAWN. It's apparent that his entire life is wrapped around the Cubs to the point of anyone not playing up to his expectations is a personal insult.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I'm more of a what have you done lately.. like last 30 ABs

Guy can get 100 AB in a month..
Be hot at beginning (34 AB) , so so in middle (33 AB), and suck at end (33 AB)

I'm not going to hang onto what he did in beginning of month today, I'm going to look at what he been doing lately..

I like Schwarber though I'm hard on him (tough love [emoji3])..
I want to see him succeed
But
Its just he has a couple good games and then sucks for a bunch after...
I wanna see him stop sucking for a bunch after...

Plus..

Again why I originally posted what I did..
Just tired of hearing people say he back every time he has a good game or two, because he usually drops right afterwards..

Hopefully he comes back quickly this week because they'll need him against the Dbacks and Nats, more so if Rizzo back pain lingers