IST: Cubs @ Brewers

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I almost feel bad for the Brewers. They play the whole season above their heads and then it basically comes down to a HOME series vs the Cubs and it must feel like a road series to them.

Then again, they got lucky to play the Marlins series at home so I don't feel that bad.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
The minimum requirement for this series to be a success is over with and there's 2 games to go. That feels good!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Brewers in big trouble now....clock is ticking on them and they probably won't have their closer tomorrow and the Cubs will have Davis available.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Magic number actually drops by just one, as Cards pass Brewers

I want Cubs to win out in Milwaukee. But now I won't mind as much if they don't.

Cards need to be put to rest. They won two WS recently with shitty teams that squeaked in. None of that shit!

In a perfect world, Cubs clinch in St. Louis monday. I will be there with three Cards fans.

Go Rockies! Win out!

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Not to play captain hindsight but you have to wonder if the brewers made a mistake not doing much at the deadline. My thoughts were they shouldn't have at the time but looking back now a big time pitcher could have made the difference for them. Regardless, magic number is 4 with 9 to play. This one's all but done.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Not to play captain hindsight but you have to wonder if the brewers made a mistake not doing much at the deadline. My thoughts were they shouldn't have at the time but looking back now a big time pitcher could have made the difference for them. Regardless, magic number is 4 with 9 to play. This one's all but done.

Cards and Brewers both can second guess themselves.

Second wildcard fools though. Just getting in and hoping to win one while using your ace just to face top team is tough. Dodgers at deadline looked unbeatable.

Landscape very different now.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
If i recall, reason they didnt go after a big SP was because they didnt want to pull the trigger and lose their young prospects...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Losing their ace was a killer....forced to throw these young kids like Woodruff into the fire. Another arm wouldn't have hurt but the reality is that the only reason they're in the race is the Cubs stumbling around for over half a season.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Brewers are on the way up. They can't give future prospects to go all in this year. They need to stay the course as cubs did in 2015.

However.....Cubs aren't giving up the division any time soon.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Cards and Brewers both can second guess themselves.

Second wildcard fools though. Just getting in and hoping to win one while using your ace just to face top team is tough. Dodgers at deadline looked unbeatable.

Landscape very different now.

I think the Cardinals are going to get in. I just have a feeling that they will sweep the Brewers the final series and the Rockies will fuck up.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think the Cardinals are going to get in. I just have a feeling that they will sweep the Brewers the final series and the Rockies will fuck up.

I hope not. But they are one game out now.

Would love to see Cubs ruin their season by kicking them again.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
went to 4 for the brewers but the cardinals win kept it at 5. They said no matter what happens, there will be no clinch during the cardinal series, which I did not understand.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
So most people realize how hot cleveland has been given their huge winning streak. They are 49-18 in the second half with a +158 run diff. I don't think many realize how hot the cubs have been in the second half because of their rough first half. They are 43-22 with a +103 run diff. Really wouldn't shock me to see those 2 teams in the world series again. LA is the "best team in baseball" with 98 wins but they are 37-27 in the second half with a +6 run diff.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
So most people realize how hot cleveland has been given their huge winning streak. They are 49-18 in the second half with a +158 run diff. I don't think many realize how hot the cubs have been in the second half because of their rough first half. They are 43-22 with a +103 run diff. Really wouldn't shock me to see those 2 teams in the world series again. LA is the "best team in baseball" with 98 wins but they are 37-27 in the second half with a +6 run diff.

The Nationals have been quietly excellent all year and are going to be a very tough match in a short series.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Nationals are gonna be tough with pitching...
Scherzer Strasburg Gonzalez Roark and with the new additions they made to improve bullpen ..

Cubs pitchers are going to really need to find that next gear like they did last year in post season to stay with those guys in series

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Nationals are gonna be tough with pitching...
Scherzer Strasburg Gonzalez Roark and with the new additions they made to improve bullpen ..

Cubs pitchers are going to really need to find that next gear like they did last year in post season to stay with those guys in series

Did Dusty Baker deplete those arms though?