IST: Cubs @ Pirates

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Welp, ump doesnt call strike 3. Bryant boots routine grounder.

Big DP. Get out of it Lester

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Welp, ump doesnt call strike 3. Bryant boots routine grounder.

Big DP. Get out of it Lester
If I am going to rip on Joe playing Bote all the time, Kris Bryant booting ground balls won't help my case.

But hitting home runs will. :)

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
LETS GO CUBS----MOTHERFUCKER ASS SHIT DAMN----

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Looking back at it. 20/20 is always this beautiful thing.

I would have rather have given up 2016 and retained Torres. We would have had Batman and Robin at SS and 2B. Superman at 3B and Aquaman at 1B.

Just saying.
I'd still want the WS in 2016. 108 years is long enough. I do think it's worth discussing returns on all the trades involving the top minor league talent. Has letting go of Jiminez netted anything special for example.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
To all the dorks on this forum....the JJs, Lurkers, Garvins, Dildo Alts or whoever I may have missed....have you ever played team sports? I'm serious....you're list of negative BS responses indicate you have not. Fans....who are influenced heavily by the media....take losses far more to heart than the players ever do. If you ever played you would know that there are no "tough" losses....there's just losses and players quickly move on from them. As a player, the only time it hits hard are losing elimination games. If any of you were to say to any Cub player that the season is over with 40 games left and the Cubs in easy reach of first....they would laugh in your dumb fucking face.
The best of the best have short-term memory. Especially hitters. Hitting is a failure activity. Think about coming home to mom and dad with a 30% grade on a test, yet the best hitters for average in the MLB are roughly .300 hitters.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Hey, I have an idea!

Let's do that every-fucking-game thing we umps do, and change the fuckin' strike zone late in the game.

Oh, and here's another idea - let's do that thing Joe does where we pull the starter and fuck up the game.

Seriously, which pitcher are you going to bring in that you think is more likely to get out of this jam than Lester?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Great work, Chatwood.
We are dodging a LOT of bullets today.

Let's get some runs and get a little breathing room for this Mayhem Bullpen.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey, I have an idea!

Let's do that every-fucking-game thing we umps do, and change the fuckin' strike zone late in the game.

Oh, and here's another idea - let's do that thing Joe does where we pull the starter and fuck up the game.

Seriously, which pitcher are you going to bring in that you think is more likely to get out of this jam than Lester?
Chatwood and he did a great job. Jon was a bit lucky today. He allowed tons of baserunners.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Darvish is finding his stride and Jake Arrieta has to have TJ surgery. Will miss all 2020 season

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Chatwood and he did a great job. Jon was a bit lucky today. He allowed tons of baserunners.

Good Lord....baseball is crazy. Last year at this time......could anyone have predicted that at some point in 2019 that Tyler Chatwood would be the Cubs best option out of the pen.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If you had confidence he would do the job, why did you wait until after the inning to reply? :)

Yes, he did do a great job, and he will pitch another inning. (Well, he will start one anyway. Who knows how quickly Joe will pull him.)

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you had confidence he would do the job, why did you wait until after the inning to reply? :)

Yes, he did do a great job, and he will pitch another inning. (Well, he will start one anyway. Who knows how quickly Joe will pull him.)
Chatwood is kind of made for those situations. But, if he goes wild. Its going to get out of hand quickly. But, he gets a ton of weak contact. He every truly harnesses control. He would be a TOR starter.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nicholas hits it 405 feet for an out.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That may have been the only point in the park that the fly ball from Catellanos is not a HR.

Rats.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Chatwood is kind of made for those situations. But, if he goes wild. Its going to get out of hand quickly. But, he gets a ton of weak contact. He every truly harnesses control. He would be a TOR starter.
I had high hopes for him when we first got him. And he has pitched well this year a lot f times. Not as well as many here seem to credit him for, but enough that we should be happy with him.

I could definitely see him slotted back in the rotation in the future.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think he's looking for the 3 inning save in this one.