IST: Cubs vs. Braves

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Here's the thing though, those teams need a guy like that while the Cubs don't necessarily. Rondon has actually been better than Chapman since the beginning of last year. On the other hand I would love to have Miller, I just don't want to pay the ridiculous price tag and frankly it wouldn't shock me if the Yankees don't trade him unless they get it.
I agree cubs don't need Chapman. .

I like Miller mainly because he a Lefty that they can alternate with Strop as setup and Rondon as closer to keep them all fresh..
Plus he a guy you have for 2 more years in which you hope the team continues to be WS contenders ..

I think the Yankees may be asking for the moon now, but if they do want to move him they will have to take a good look at what the Cubs can offer talent wise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't count out Texas or Cleveland in that best in majors talk

The Rangers are starting the slide themselves. Both are very good team. Rangers, I dont trust their pitching or bullpen and the Astro's are coming. I have thought the Indians were the best team in the Central for awhile when they were in first.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh look others are bringing up moves and another brought up their recent losing record.

I guess I can be accused again for bringing up moves on a thread. .
Even though I haven't brought it up on my own in a long while.
And losses..

I do agree with TC as far as management needs to keep a close eye on Hammel , this is usually when he starts to fall off.

:headdesk:

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Don't count out Texas or Cleveland in that best in majors talk

Fair enough but the point wasn't really who's the best team. It was more that a really good team has a some what similar issue to the cubs. Cubs need more of a lock down middle reliever while they apparently need a closer but sorta similar situations.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
The Rangers are starting the slide themselves. Both are very good team. Rangers, I dont trust their pitching or bullpen and the Astro's are coming. I have thought the Indians were the best team in the Central for awhile when they were in first.

The Rangers have 10 games left with Houston. the Astros have not done well against them so far but if they win 7 or 8 of those remaining games I give them a pretty solid chance at that division.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The Rangers have 10 games left with Houston. the Astros have not done well against them so far but if they win 7 or 8 of those remaining games I give them a pretty solid chance at that division.

In general the AL is more competitive than the NL. Has been for years.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
In general the AL is more competitive than the NL. Has been for years.
Just curious on how you determine competitiveness of each league within the league.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Good thing 6 out of the last 10 World Series winners has been from the NL.

So in other words it's a crapshoot in the playoffs as has been said here ad naseum?

EDIT: What a random place to pick a stopping point.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Just curious on how you determine competitiveness of each league within the league.

IL Records.

I called it that the NL would have the top teams in power rankings as well as the bottom teams but that the AL would once again have a winning IL record. So far so good.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
IL Records.

I called it that the NL would have the top teams in power rankings as well as the bottom teams but that the AL would once again have a winning IL record. So far so good.

AL teams should be better: they spend more money and time developing their DH than NL counterparts. When a NL team goes to the AL, they add their bench hitter to the lineup in most cases not as good as say a median DH in the AL. There isn't that much of an advantage for NL teams when AL teams come to their ballpark.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So is this game going to start?

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuck it already, another first inning troubles game

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Another pitcher who's career has been nothing short of brutal....has morphed into Bob Gibson at Wrigley Field.

Amazing.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Another pitcher who's career has been nothing short of brutal....has morphed into Bob Gibson at Wrigley Field.

Amazing.
It's whose not who's [emoji6]

Don't complain about them losing to a crappy team and pitcher when Their 20 games over and 8 up

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No no no no!! Did La Stella really swing and miss at ball 4 with Bryant up next? WTF

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I give the fans in attendance credit for standing up and cheering in hopes that there would actually be a 2 strike clutch hit by the Cubs

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
5 innings and 2 runs from a regular starter is not standing ovation worthy. There needs to be new standing ovation etiquette added to the rule book in the offseason.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Hammel has run out of gas..
He gave everything he had the first 3 months

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@TheCCO: #Cubs | Cubs Sign Third Round Pick RHP Thomas Hatch tinyurl.com/hg2jxhc #MLB **Updated with Signing Info

Just in time to take Hammel spot in rotation ?