IST: Cubs vs. Brewers

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
May see a couple of games like this going down the stretch. Not a lot of energy. They are just marking days off their calendar.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Glad I was not watching today. Hammel is making a strong case to be left off the roster.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That Rizzo! Piling on stats like Bryant against teams under .500

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If you hadn't already, you can write off the Pirates. Up 6-5 in9th, 2 out, 0-2 on hitter, they give up 4 and possibly still counting

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
If you hadn't already, you can write off the Pirates. Up 6-5 in9th, 2 out, 0-2 on hitter, they give up 4 and possibly still counting

The Pirates are toast. The best thing the Cubs can do as well as the Giants is beat the Cardinals because the Redbirds face the Giants and Cubs 10 times in the next two weeks.

I'd like to squash the birds once and for all and send them packing. With the way we have distanced ourselves all year from them over 6 months, the last thing I want to see is them to have a chance at revenge in the best of 5 games.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Glad I was not watching today. Hammel is making a strong case to be left off the roster.

While I could see Hammel being on the roster in relief, I don't see any scenario in which he starts a game (short of somebody getting injured).

Hammel is a great regular season SP but I would never trust him in the post season. He's the odd man out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I cannot see Hammel being an option in relief. First hitters are shelling him, that is not what you are looking for in a relief pitcher.

I do question Zobrist at second. I know these kids have been blamed for bad throws, but that play Javy missed second because Zobrist was late getting there, and yesterday, Zobrist was already on the base when Coghlan threw that ball where it looked like the ball was thrown in the path Zo would have taken to get there and turn in motion.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I cannot see Hammel being an option in relief. First hitters are shelling him, that is not what you are looking for in a relief pitcher.

I do question Zobrist at second. I know these kids have been blamed for bad throws, but that play Javy missed second because Zobrist was late getting there, and yesterday, Zobrist was already on the base when Coghlan threw that ball where it looked like the ball was thrown in the path Zo would have taken to get there and turn in motion.

Not even close. Error was definitely on 3B.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Javy Baez is the second best athlete in the world behind that crazy US female gymnast who crushed in the Olympics.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
CrxyHuSXEAEuFuA.jpg

TL1961

Liked Posts:

So in other words, Zobrist gets there too late, it's his failt.

Zobrist gets there on time, he's too early.

Got it.

Javy threw to the wrong base, and Zobrist wasn't slow getting there, he was playing far from second.

And if Coghlan throws to "the path Zobrist took", instead of to the base, it's Cog's fault.

That's like a QB throwing behind a WR and blaming the WR for being fast.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
There is some Zobie hate here. Don't hate

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He got the power he got the speed to be the best in the National League..

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would prefer Bryant not to do that again during the regular season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Is there a reason why the ball girls for the Brew Crew are really ugly?

Sent from my Samsung S6 Edge

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope Fowler is just going through the motions and turns it on. He looks like a zombie at the plate. Also, it would be nice if we could hit Garza