IST: Cubs vs Giants

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ya dat game was ugly.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Kimbrel velocity may not be a 100 anymore, but still got enough on it to make that breaking ball nasty
Tuesday he threw one 97 and everything else 98 & 99 I believe

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looking at the box....Kimbrel only threw 11 pitches but I doubt Maddon calls his number in three straight. Sooo, if it's close...it's Strop time tomorrow.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya dat game was ugly.
That game was beautiful. It was a playoff atmosphere. The crowd exploded for KB home run. Cast was jumping around the bases. This is when the game is at its best. Sure, would you have liked for them to win easily. Of course, but these were two major league teams going at it. Cubs havent had this kind of energy winning a game. I loved it! The stretch is here. Lets go!!!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That game was beautiful. It was a playoff atmosphere. The crowd exploded for KB home run. Cast was jumping around the bases. This is when the game is at its best. Sure, would you have liked for them to win easily. Of course, but these were two major league teams going at it. Cubs havent had this kind of energy winning a game. I loved it! The stretch is here. Lets go!!!
Cubs led6-2 when Cards trailed 5-0.
Cubs fell behind and Brewers once again gifted cards some runs.

I was worried about a two game swing from what initially looked good, but Cubs fought til the end andCards game was called after rain delay in 8th. Cards lose 5-3.

Nice that the team didn’t roll over after Holland gave away the lead.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Darvish has five straight starts with at least eight strikeouts and no walks. He is the first pitcher in major league history to do that.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Obviously tonight giving up four homeruns and seven runs in less than six innings the strikeouts aren’t really telling the true story but still that’s pretty good

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't know what the weather is like in St Louis but it sure felt like a quick trigger in calling the game. Close game, important division game and Brewers I believe have an off day tomorrow while the Cards are still at home. Seemed odd.....

CSF77

Liked Posts:

SFG are not in the same class.

The energy was great on the rebound but Yu had a shite game. Even so he set a MLB record. So there is that. But he has been the staff ace post ASG and needs to control the bleeding better.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Re: calling Cards game

Forecast shows rain for a while. I am 20 miles west of downtown and we are still getting rain and they will have rain until midnight.

I always expect mlb to delay as long as it takes and screw the fans if they can’t stay four hours. But I am glad they didn’t. Final game of series. But brewers off tmrw and cards are home at night.

Schildt was angry but tough shit.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
The Cubs are scrapping. Pulling wins out of their ass. Good teams find ways to win bad games.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Sweep the series, please.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
EClWG2FXYAA68Gr

LondonBrett

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Miami Dolphins
I’m happy that the Cardinals won 2 of 3 against the Brewers...now if the Cubs don’t randomly lose this home stand then we can cheer on the brewers when they’re at home against the Cardinals soon!

#couldworkoutperfectlyhopefully :)

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This HP umpire has been brutal all day for both teams....that gray hair, his weird style....reminds me of someone.