IST: Giants at Cubbies

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You don't get that I found your post humorous as you intended?

I didn't mean it to be a joke. I meant if players don't like what a team is doing they can always leave or in some cases get themselves traded. I thought you laughed thinking my suggestion that the players have some control over where they go as comical.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I didn't mean it to be a joke. I meant if players don't like what a team is doing they can always leave or in some cases get themselves traded. I thought you laughed thinking my suggestion that the players have some control over where they go as comical.

I'm laughing at the image of a millionaire player walking off the field and leaving the team because someone is on the mound guaranteed to lose the game. The image is funny yet would be a total breach of contract.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'm laughing at the image of a millionaire player walking off the field and leaving the team because someone is on the mound guaranteed to lose the game. The image is funny yet would be a total breach of contract.
Leave as in fa

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
isn't it worth trying him out of the bullpen?

Well, considering he rarely escapes the first inning without throwing 30 or more pitches and 3 or 4 runs.....not sure it would be worth the effort. Not a good thing for any pitcher but worse for a reliever.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Hoyer is happy they are playing this game out. Whatever happened to taking the win anyway you can?

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Jackson could actually be injured

I mean it's clear the Cubs aren't too concerned with maximizing their W count this season. They are really close to teams like the Redsox, Twins, Astros, Phillies, and Diamondbacks in the standings. Wouldn't be the worst thing to have to get a really high pick again.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Hoyer is happy they are playing this game out. Whatever happened to taking the win anyway you can?

I'm not going to go so far as to speak to his character but there's some people who would prefer to win "the right way." Personally I think the controversy is stupid because this is the exact reason teams play 162 games and if they miss the playoffs because of one game then they didn't really deserve to be there anyways. This isn't like the old days where there were two teams from each league. You've got 5 teams essentially going to the playoffs from each league. If you can't get in that you don't deserve to go.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
May not be the reason but sometimes you take a situation that means nothing to you now ( them winning or losing ) and play the part of the good guy and say yea it was our fault we dont mind continuing the game, and who knows maybe in the future a somewhat same type of situation arises for him and his team needs the win, they (mlb) may look back at this and rule in his favor.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'm not going to go so far as to speak to his character but there's some people who would prefer to win "the right way." Personally I think the controversy is stupid because this is the exact reason teams play 162 games and if they miss the playoffs because of one game then they didn't really deserve to be there anyways. This isn't like the old days where there were two teams from each league. You've got 5 teams essentially going to the playoffs from each league. If you can't get in that you don't deserve to go.
If he was one this would have been said prior, no?