IST: St. Louis Cardinals at Chicago Cubs (July 25-27)

How many games do the Cubs win?

• Who cares?

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It is against the Cards so please 2...

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • It is against Cards so at least 1...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably not...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What is it with some Cardinal fans? I find them so undeserving to have a winner. All the time LaRussa was winning and Duncan was making reclamation projects look like CY winners, they complained about him as a manager. Matheny is a smart guy, imho. They no longer have a future HoFer hitting in the 3 hole and they whine about Matheny's game management and laid back style.

Very true.

The entire time LaRussa was in St. Louis, many, many fans complained about him, and to this day many still diss him as "no Whitey Herzog".

Then when he goes to HOF, they, of course, claim him as their great manager. Hypocrites.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What is the point of replays when they can't get it right? They're wrong more than they're right.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What is the point of replays when they can't get it right? They're wrong more than they're right.

"Stumbles" Valbuena took the glove off of him just long enough to not be in contact when he came off the bag.

Then Castillo stands so far in front of the line he can't tag the runner at home. I know you can't block the basepath, but you CAN stay within arms reach.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
WHAT THE FUCK?????????

How in the hell is that a fucking ball?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Cards extend their lead after strike 3 to Holliday.

Why do people think teams would trade for Russell, BTW?

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
All the saber stats in the world will not prove that our blowpen is alright. They all suck badly. Schlitter, Wright, Strop, Russell, Villanueva.... Garbage. Most of them outright suck, or they are highly inconsistent. They never pass the eyeball test. Screw saber stats!

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
Why on earth would the Cubs pinch run Wood for Ruggiano, even if they knew it was a losing cause?
Their #2 starter?
That move says a lot.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Why on earth would the Cubs pinch run Wood for Ruggiano, even if they knew it was a losing cause?
Their #2 starter?
That move says a lot.

Ruggiano increases work with trainers
Cubs outfielder Justin Ruggiano was busy doing extra exercises with the athletic trainers early Thursday as he tries to deal with some tightness in his groin.

Ruggiano has not played since Tuesday. He was batting .378 with seven doubles, two homers and 14 RBIs in his last 21 games since June 25. Cubs manager Rick Renteria said Ruggiano was feeling better Thursday. "It's important that we make sure he maintains work with [the trainers]," Renteria said.

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
I'm not asking why Ruggiano batted.
I'm asking why they would put their #2 starting pitcher in to pinch run.
There was no one else on the bench to do it? Strange.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Unfortunately, our staff is such that once you get past #1, they're all expendable.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Their #2 starter?
That move says a lot.
Bench is short because they carry 13 pitchers. Means that there are only 3 bench players plus the back up catcher. Ruggiano getting taking out is because he is still achy.

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
Bench is short because they carry 13 pitchers. Means that there are only 3 bench players plus the back up catcher. Ruggiano getting taking out is because he is still achy.

Again my question is why the #2 starter on the team?
Is he that good of a runner that you risk a possible, albeit unlikely, injury to a pitcher they are expecting to eat up innings for nearly half a season more?
A relief pitcher couldn't have been used?

TL1961

Liked Posts:

We would be better having Wood pinch HIT, and Lake pinch RUN, instead of the other way around, which is what we got yesterday.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again my question is why the #2 starter on the team?
Is he that good of a runner that you risk a possible, albeit unlikely, injury to a pitcher they are expecting to eat up innings for nearly half a season more?
A relief pitcher couldn't have been used?

The fact that he is the #2 starter is more a statement on the quality of the pitching staff than his abilities as a pitcher. He is the most athletic of the pitchers left and you don't use a reliever because they probably need him to pitch. This is something that has to be done because they insist on carrying 13 pitchers.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Anyone else here dont care for kasper.. he kinda boring to listen to

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Anyone else here dont care for kasper.. he kinda boring to listen to

I like him. Maybe I'm just used to him and know that the sound of his voice means Cubs baseball is on!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well, first and foremost, I HATE losing to the Cardinals.

And to Wainright.

But the silver lining is that today's starter was "a guy that matters" and he pitched 6 2/3 and only allowed a solo HR into the basket.

And, I suppose, the L doesn't hurt.

I would rather lose and see Hendricks pitch well than win a game in which he sucked.

And before the "we need to be 70-92, not 68-94" crowd weighs in......this is the LAST year the L's will be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.