ISU HC Turns down Lions

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

This dude decided that is was more appealing to stay in Ames, Iowa, home of our very own @HawkBear, than to go to Detroit and $68 million. Wow. Says something about Detroit huh?

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Matt Campbell probably looks at Fitz at Northwestern and understands he has a lifetime gig, he/his family are going to be well taken care of education/medically forever--and like Fitz--watch him let rumors run during HC carousel season until his university chases him with a raise that he accepts.

Even with big money, he'd be the 11th (interims included) head coach in Detroit since 2000. Let the meatball Dan Campbell have at that...

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Are Coaches Salaries guaranteed?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

This dude decided that is was more appealing to stay in Ames, Iowa, home of our very own @HawkBear, than to go to Detroit and $68 million. Wow. Says something about Detroit huh?
What a cringe comment by Dan... This dude is going to generate some great roast threads for the next couple of years.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I do not live in Ames nor am I fan of Iowa State. I am almost appalled at the accusation. I think Campbell is a good coach and will make the jump to the NFL some day.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I do not live in Ames nor am I fan of Iowa State. I am almost appalled at the accusation. I think Campbell is a good coach and will make the jump to the NFL some day.

Lmao. Potato, patotoe. Same difference right? Lol

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Yay! I'm an ISU alum and Matt Campbell has been a god send for ISU football. We're going to be one of the best teams in the country next year with Brock Purdy and Breece Hall both returning. That's unheard of for Iowa f'ing State.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Yay! I'm an ISU alum and Matt Campbell has been a god send for ISU football. We're going to be one of the best teams in the country next year with Brock Purdy and Breece Hall both returning. That's unheard of for Iowa f'ing State.
You guys need Re'al Mitchell at qb.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure ISU is paying Matt Campbell just a tad over minimum wage... Can't see why he didn't jump at the chance.

Basically, turned down $6 mil per year for 8 years.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I mean, if the Lions hit me up, I'd be like, "Nah. I actually really enjoy working the fryers and cleaning shit off the walls in the bathroom. One day I'll be assistant manager..."