It’s the personnel

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bears D is being put in an impossible position. Nagy is a hack! The league has figured out his offense
The fact this abortion of an offense affects the scheme able to run by the defense says it all

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think that should be pretty clear. The window, if there ever was one, is closed completely. It will likely take a complete rebuilding of the offense for this team to be serious contenders. Unfortunately the defense will have aged out by then. Thanks Pace!

Wait......so there's people that didn't know this going into the game? Between the o-line with injuries and not being able to play a 5 man unit enough for them to have any chance at learning how to play with the guys next to them, to the QB not having time to throw the damn ball and even when he does he's so scared of getting hit, to the running game this offense has been in trouble. It all starts with the o-line of course cause you can't get good QB play or a running game without good o-line play. Then of course not having a good QB kinda makes it harder...LOL.

As many of us have been saying for many weeks now, fix the o-line and that helps every other part of the offense. So the same stands this week as has been. We need to fix the o-line and QB this offseason and then either re-sign ARob or replace him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is both.

The 2020 offseason may be one of the worst we have ever seen. They fielded a non-competitive team and through 60 million guaranteed away in the process.

The Pace knob slobberers have to be struggling today.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wait......so there's people that didn't know this going into the game? Between the o-line with injuries and not being able to play a 5 man unit enough for them to have any chance at learning how to play with the guys next to them, to the QB not having time to throw the damn ball and even when he does he's so scared of getting hit, to the running game this offense has been in trouble. It all starts with the o-line of course cause you can't get good QB play or a running game without good o-line play. Then of course not having a good QB kinda makes it harder...LOL.

As many of us have been saying for many weeks now, fix the o-line and that helps every other part of the offense. So the same stands this week as has been. We need to fix the o-line and QB this offseason and then either re-sign ARob or replace him.

Some of us knew this last offseason. Better late than never.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I honestly don’t think it’s fair to judge the offensive staff when the talent is this bad. What do they do well? They can’t run block and they can’t pass block. What do you lean on? There is no bread and butter. They literally suck at everything.

The play calling has been bad since the start of the 2019 season which many of us, including me, have been saying since the start of last season.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Not sure the point then. Is it that Bill Walsh couldn't successfully pick from a list of poorly designed offensive plays that is poorly coached, and run fundamentally unsound? That's like saying Chef Ramsey couldn't put together a 4 star meal using 6 cooks from TGIFridays trained to make loaded potato skins and sizzling chicken and cheese. Of course he couldn't they have been trained to make shit so that is what they make.

The point is this: The offense is so bad, there are no plays that can be called that will have a high success rate.

I thought it was obvious.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

You realize Ryan Pace is getting fired right?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You realize Ryan Pace is getting fired right?

I didn't know that. Did they have you color a picture with crayons to tell us all about it in school today? Please share the pic if so.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I didn't know that. Did they have you color a picture with crayons to tell us all about it in school today? Please share the pic if so.
It amazes me you can point out everything wrong with the offense and not see it falls on the shoulders of the guy who put it together.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It amazes me you can point out everything wrong with the offense and not see it falls on the shoulders of the guy who put it together.

It doesn't amaze me that you're too narrow minded to know that i have faulted Pace for many of the moves. The difference between me and you is that i understand the whole landscape of the game of football and don't just go off of what you see in games and not everything that's going on with this offense right now is on Pace.

If and when Pace does get fired i'm gonna stand behind whoever replaces him the same way i stand behind Pace and i promise you that your dumb ass and many others will be on CCS making thread after thread and post after post whining about certain things the next GM has done that hasn't worked out well for the team to. You haven't been around long enough to understand that but it will happen and i'll be looking at the whole picture while you'll be on CCS crying like a little girl when that happens.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I want QB/oline in the draft, no bullshit ass trading up for a fucking RB. God pace is shit. 4 top 10 picks and 3 of them busted out with the bears, the one who turned out to be good was the one at the least valuable position. The only good move Pace made on O was nabbing ARob. Everything else he's missed on.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The personnel aren't great in some key areas, the O-line as a whole is playing like they don't understand the basics that are more than likely being asked of them and in turn the coaching isn't good enough.

You may not always have the 5 most talented guys on a line together but that shouldn't stop a line being able to give backs the ability to run the ball sometimes or the QB to be able to drop back and at least have the ability to read and pass a ball (sometimes) We're getting neither at the moment from this line and we've gone against back to back D's that haven't been that good this year (Titans not as good as last year or is that their O?)

This is a good post and you seem like someone that also understand that the o-line more then any other group needs to have consistent time playing with one another to know what the guy next to him is gonna do and we haven't had that since the injuries started happening. I don't know how some don't seem to understand this since it's well known by anyone who understands the game. People actually think this o-line should be playing well with a line that every player on their team and PS has played some downs or games on.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I want QB/oline in the draft, no bullshit ass trading up for a fucking RB. God pace is shit. 4 top 10 picks and 3 of them busted out with the bears, the one who turned out to be good was the one at the least valuable position. The only good move Pace made on O was nabbing ARob. Everything else he's missed on.

So Cohen, Mooney, Daniels, Whitehair and Monty were bad draft picks? Hmmmmmmm i like all of them especially where he got them in the drafts.

I agree 100% and have been saying it that o-line and QB have to be the offseason focus.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
So Cohen, Mooney, Daniels, Whitehair and Monty were bad draft picks? Hmmmmmmm i like all of them especially where he got them in the drafts.

I agree 100% and have been saying it that o-line and QB have to be the offseason focus.
Cohen will have not done shit over the past 2 seasons, Mooney appears to be pretty good but it doesn't matter if you can't get him the ball, trading up for a regular RB like Montgomery was a terrible move, and Daniels and Whitehair were actually good picks.

So 4 good moves, though out of the 4 good moves the only one who's a very good player right now is ARob, while Daniels and Mooney have potential.