It looks like Pace is Incompetent

Bronze65

Liked Posts:
Makes sense. We can't pass judgement on what actually happened, nor can we change our minds once we state an opinion.

For instance, I was not high on Alshon Jeffery coming out of college. He had broken Earl Bennett's SEC records (who cares), and he had alleged attitude issues. I did not think he was successful his rookie year, based on what actually happened on the field. However, after his rookie year, Jeffery has been a tremendous WR for the Bears. I ripped Pace for not extending Jeffery. Was I "outside my rights" for ripping on Pace, because my opinion on Jeffery coming out of college was set in stone?

Again, sorry for talking football. My thought is fairly simple...until White and Floyd are All Pros, I will hold off on calling them All Pros. In the meantime, I will base my assessment of White and Floyd on what they do on the football field. Novel concept on my part, but I guess its the benefit of being allowed to talk without social consequence.

What a terrible post on your part. Shut up.

Saying that White is completely lost on the football field and doesn't belong out there vs. not calling him an All-Pro are two completely different perspectives.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Shit, at least Floyd showed something. All White showed is that he is one of the most unpolished top 10 overall picks we've ever made. The regret is real on that pick.
I'm not worried about Floyd. I think Fangio will be able to get the most out of his unique set of skills despite whatever physical limitations he may or may not have. White, on the other hand, concerns me. Wasn't crazy about picking him so high, and I'm doubtful Loaggins is clever enough to expedite his learning curve and make the most of his abilities.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
Saying that White is completely lost on the football field and doesn't belong out there vs. not calling him an All-Pro are two completely different perspectives.

On Sunday I turned the game at the 2 minute warning to watch on of the close games finish. On Monday when I saw the .gif of Jay annoyed with White I thought I must have missed something good. I pulled the game up on my DVR and fast forwarded to the 2 minute warning. There were several times on the final drive White had to be corrected pre snap. And there was at least one time he was asking a question/looking like he doesnt know what to do while the rest of the team in lining up and getting ready.

I can say for sure he looked completely lost on the final drive. I didnt notice this while watching the first 58 minutes live, but I assume there were more instances like these I saw in the 2 minute drill.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I think the Oline will get better as the season progresses. The Texans Dline is a tough task for a unit that's only had a few practices together.

No doubt that Texas dline is really good. But the issues that Leno and Massie on Sunday had nothing to do with this unit not practicing together. On those plays where they got whooped badly, they knew exactly who their man to block was. They just failed miserably. It was one on one and the pass rusher made them look like they were wearing cement shoes.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On Sunday I turned the game at the 2 minute warning to watch on of the close games finish. On Monday when I saw the .gif of Jay annoyed with White I thought I must have missed something good. I pulled the game up on my DVR and fast forwarded to the 2 minute warning. There were several times on the final drive White had to be corrected pre snap. And there was at least one time he was asking a question/looking like he doesnt know what to do while the rest of the team in lining up and getting ready.

I can say for sure he looked completely lost on the final drive. I didnt notice this while watching the first 58 minutes live, but I assume there were more instances like these I saw in the 2 minute drill.

Naw bro. Cutler is an evil mass murderer who tortures puppies on the weekends. How dare you be reasonable.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is my problem with Pace. We have guys in place, which give you some leeway to address other positions. Instead he creates holes and leaves the cupboard bare. On top of that, he turns around and uses a top ten picks on that position. Like, I still don't understand out last two first rounders, when Oline and Corner was such a huge need.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here is my problem with Pace. We have guys in place, which give you some leeway to address other positions. Instead he creates holes and leaves the cupboard bare. On top of that, he turns around and uses a top ten picks on that position. Like, I still don't understand out last two first rounders, when Oline and Corner was such a huge need.

This is why I keep saying he is playing his cards right to stay his full 5 year tenure. He guaranteed himself at least one more year by leaving that cupboard bare instead of keeping guys he had and dumping as needed. Its much easier to simulate progress when you bring the team to a new low.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Right now Leonard Floyd is on pace for 96 tackles, 8 sacks and 16 hurries. If he were to actually produce those numbers he'd most likely be the runaway DROY.

That's not to say he's great or even played great. But he did show some flashes, which is all you can ask for from your somewhat raw OLB starting his first game in the NFL. At this point, I'm not concerned about him at all.

White looked like shit though. It's unrealistic to say you can't take anything away from him. If he spent a year studying the playbook and formations, he should not be having major issues PRIOR to the snap. He should know where to lineup. It's one thing to read the defense and make a call on an option route tree. It's another thing to get it wrong at the line of scrimmage. He was doing both. This doesn't make him doomed, it just means it's a crappy start. And I'm not biased against him, as I actually really liked him in the draft, much like I liked Floyd. We shall see what happens.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Right now Leonard Floyd is on pace for 96 tackles, 8 sacks and 16 hurries. If he were to actually produce those numbers he'd most likely be the runaway DROY.

That's not to say he's great or even played great. But he did show some flashes, which is all you can ask for from your somewhat raw OLB starting his first game in the NFL. At this point, I'm not concerned about him at all.

White looked like shit though. It's unrealistic to say you can't take anything away from him. If he spent a year studying the playbook and formations, he should not be having major issues PRIOR to the snap. He should know where to lineup. It's one thing to read the defense and make a call on an option route tree. It's another thing to get it wrong at the line of scrimmage. He was doing both. This doesn't make him doomed, it just means it's a crappy start. And I'm not biased against him, as I actually really liked him in the draft, much like I liked Floyd. We shall see what happens.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

You can read the book all you want and take as many practice tests, but it doesn't mean you are going to ace the test.

optimus prime

Liked Posts:
Everyone laughed at me, whom is laughing now?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk