It's time to panic about Bears QB Mitchell Trubisky

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
At this point writers are just trying to capture clicks from gullible Bear fans...stop feeding them!

Mitch is the QB. Neither Daniels or Bray are anywhere close to starting QB material. We can re-evaluate an opportunity to bring someone else in the offseason. Until then let the season play out and Bear-Down!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Again, how much of not playing in the preseason has hampered this offense?
That excuse should have been thrown out the window after game 1. He got 50 passing reps. How much work do you honestly think they would have saw?
Cutler arguably had his best season under Mike Martz's offense with Johnny Knox, Devin Hester, Earl Bennett, Rashied Davis and Devin Aromashodu...
Oh god, I forgot about Devin A. I’ll Cutlers best football was that stretch in ‘11 when they were the hottest team in the NFL. It wasn’t because of the wins but because he constantly turned nothing into something. Horrible OL, mediocre receivers, horrible coaches. He really never looked the same after he broke his thumb

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There's a reason Cutler had his best season with Jeffrey and Marshall, and it's not because they were oompa loompas

He didn't. Cutler played his best football in 2011 with Knox and Hester, and had his best statistical season in 2015 with Eddie Royal and Deontay Thompson.

With Marshall and Jeffery he was outplayed by a retired gym teacher.

Last edited:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As divisive as Cutler was among this fan base, to this day I still contend that if Mike Martz had been handed the talent that Trestman was given...we would have won a SB. Much better offensive line and much better positional talent. The Bears always seem to be a victim of circumstance. Like they just could never line up talent and good coaching at the same time. Well, at least until now.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
He didn't. Cutler played his best football in 2011 with Knox and Hester, and had his best statistical season in 2015 with Eddie Royal and Deontay Thompson.

With Marshall and Jeffery he was outplayed by a retired gym teacher.

Cutler threw for the MOST yards and TOUCHDOWNS as a Bear in 2014 with Marshall and Jeffrey, 13 TD's in 10 games in 2011 is NOT "best football" and having a slightly higher passer rating is not better for the team than having 7 more TD's from 2014. TD's win games, not passer ratings.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cutler threw for the MOST yards and TOUCHDOWNS as a Bear in 2014 with Marshall and Jeffrey, 13 TD's in 10 games in 2011 is NOT "best football" and having a slightly higher passer rating is not better for the team than having 7 more TD's from 2014. TD's win games, not passer ratings.

Cutler threw 18 picks in 2014 and had an extremely low ypa. It was far from his best year. He basically dumped the ball off to Matt Forte all year. He was a better player in other seasons. Josh McCown was better with Marshall and Jeffery than Cutler was.

To your original point, Trubisky is not suffering from small WRs any more than Mahomes is. Both have a good big guy and a few smaller quicker guys. This is a complete non-issue.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Cutler threw 18 picks in 2014 and had an extremely low ypa. It was far from his best year. He basically dumped the ball off to Matt Forte all year. He was a better player in other seasons. Josh McCown was better with Marshall and Jeffery than Cutler was.

To your original point, Trubisky is not suffering from small WRs any more than Mahomes is. Both have a good big guy and a few smaller quicker guys. This is a complete non-issue.

in your mind it is.....Mecole Hardman 5'10" ...Sammy Watkins 6'1"....Tyreek Hill 5'10"....do you want me to go on. They have ZERO 5'6 guys or 5'8 guys out in patterns.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
in your mind it is.....Mecole Hardman 5'10" ...Sammy Watkins 6'1"....Tyreek Hill 5'10"....do you want me to go on. They have ZERO 5'6 guys or 5'8 guys out in patterns.

Gabriel is the only receiver of that size. He's also the only receiver to catch a TD pass this year. Robinson, Miller, Wims, Ridley are all taller than Hill and Hardman.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
[/QUOTE]

No they drafted a ballet dancer who upon joining his professional ballet company determined

Ryan Switzer is 5-8. Trubs was drafted because he could hit guys like Switzer in stride. That is precisely why Bears drafted Cohen and Miller, signed Gabs and hired Nagy.

The problem is he is not living up to his rep from college.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
I think it's time for you all to start supporting your qb. Bears fans routinely ruin young qbs, by boooing them out of the city.